Sign in to follow this  
Dragor69

Is Spy Infiltration wrong ethics/cheating

Me and my friends came across a group/clan who were recruiting anyone and everyone in Komerovo. They were geared up claiming to be heroes. However after spending 20 mins of fresh spawns running in trying to overwhelming them with their fists they result in killing any freshling on sight.

However by this point a friend of mine who sits next to me on his laptop had joined their group and even joined team speak. After a day of embedding in and becoming really friendly he had their entire clan on steam.

So my spy goes to work... He tells me they are in Cherno. 8 of them messing about near the fire station. So i go to work. I head to cherno with just a shotgun and 15 rounds. Using my spy i gain their exact numbers and position and begin my assault. It is dark at this point and i easily sneak up and take one of them out and make a hefty escape. They regroup and my spy informs me they are holed up in the FS. So again and sneak around...and kill another. I keep doing this until only one of them remains. They cant understand how this one person, a ghost they say can get the better of them.

I do this again a few days later when they are near komerovo.  This time im using a mosin. It doesnt end well for them.

What do you think?  I feel this would have mixed views.

• Like 10

It is legit tactic.

If they do not discover that  they have spy in their rank then they deserve to die like that a lot.

I had this sitiation in mod, where one of guys in my group was spying on us and telling others our positions.

• Like 8

Most who don't like this will complain about voip apps outside of game. I applaud your game style and the engagement you bring but I hate your character (in game) for playing that way. But I'd never know it.

I think video proof or I call BS.

Why would it be BS. its not that hard to do.

Hello there

I think its a fine tactic, however I dont condone the use of 3rd party voice tools as, to me, its akin to having telepathy.

Deceit and betrayal are part and parcel of current DAYZ.

It would have been much more fun if your "spy" had to radio  their plans and position in game and would risk getting caught.

But Ill leave that choice to your own conscience.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 19

I call it a legit tactic.  I'd expect this kind of behavior from time to time, particularly if you have 2 clans on the same server constantly RP'ing against each other.

Hello there

I think its a fine tactic, however I dont condone the use of 3rd party voice tools as, to me, its akin to having telepathy.

Deceit and betrayal are part and parcel of current DAYZ.

It would have been much more fun if your "spy" had to radio  their plans and position in game and would risk getting caught.

But Ill leave that choice to your own conscience.

Rdgs

LoK

Some gaming communities (like the one I'm apart of) use 3rd party coms, such as TS, for legit reasons. To socialize as much as communicate with other players in the same game (which we aren't always playing the same thing), or to get a hold of an admin.

I wouldn't go vilifying people or groups that use them, whether they choose to use them in game or not has nothing to do with conscience.

Edited by =FOX= Damocles
  • Like 2

Metagaming brought on by the use of 3rd party VOIP programs. In an ideal world you would only be able to use in game direct chat unless you and your buddies had radio and batteries. But I see no way to stop people from using external information like maps, voip programs, wiki artciles on item stats, etc.  

I am confused... You seem to convince yourself that what you do is ok because they kill bambi's who charge them with fists (which imo is a perfectly justified kill).  Based on your description the clan doesn't seem to be a freshspawn KoS killer group (well unless they are but you failed to mention).

imo you are playing like a douche, lower then even a bandit and a step below KOSer (cause they actually have to find people to kill).   Not only are you just going around killing people but then you are basically using wall hack cheat via your friend.

Now I could understand a bit more if your clans were warring or something interesting like that... but you are basically just trolling them for who knows what reason.

Don't try to convince us what you are doing is ok... Just admit you are a troll and just want to kill people, any people, by any means necessary.

Killing people is part of the game... but freaking trolling them multiple times is just douche.  What did they do kick you in your vagina? 

Edited by TwinSpire
  • Like 1

Not impossible to stop it. Just make it a server option. If you have teamspeak running, you're unable to join the server that has  the option turned on. 

Or someone could design a mod like ACRE to do the job. Teamspeak is akin to cheating, it's just straight unfair. I use it socialize mostly when I run with my buddy but in a firefight it's just so unfair. I admit to using it, but I don't like it. I only use it because my friend likes to talk a lot. When we had radio's I actually convinced him to use em' and we enjoyed it a lot more. (Even though ingame coms are shit atm, fix them please)

Because when we were shooting the shit, there was a chance someone would hear us which was exciting.

Me and my friends came across a group/clan who were recruiting anyone and everyone in Komerovo. They were geared up claiming to be heroes. However after spending 20 mins of fresh spawns running in trying to overwhelming them with their fists they result in killing any freshling on sight.

However by this point a friend of mine who sits next to me on his laptop had joined their group and even joined team speak. After a day of embedding in and becoming really friendly he had their entire clan on steam.

So my spy goes to work... He tells me they are in Cherno. 8 of them messing about near the fire station. So i go to work. I head to cherno with just a shotgun and 15 rounds. Using my spy i gain their exact numbers and position and begin my assault. It is dark at this point and i easily sneak up and take one of them out and make a hefty escape. They regroup and my spy informs me they are holed up in the FS. So again and sneak around...and kill another. I keep doing this until only one of them remains. They cant understand how this one person, a ghost they say can get the better of them.

I do this again a few days later when they are near komerovo.  This time im using a mosin. It doesnt end well for them.

What do you think?  I feel this would have mixed views.

Thank you for dealing with cowards who cheat by using telepathy in game (Ventrillo/teamspeak) and are to cowardly to play by themselves. So join 20 other friends so they can actually stand a chance of surviving in a firefight.

I call it a legit tactic.  I'd expect this kind of behavior from time to time, particularly if you have 2 clans on the same server constantly RP'ing against each other.

Some gaming communities (like the one I'm apart of) use 3rd party coms, such as TS, for legit reasons. To socialize as much as communicate with other players in the same game (which we aren't always playing the same thing), or to get a hold of an admin.

I wouldn't go vilifying people or groups that use them, whether they choose to use them in game or not has nothing to do with conscience.

Hello there

I dont mind if you or anyone uses TS or not. I choose not to in DAYZ. I didnt notice myself vilifying anyone either.

To me, and that means to me not anyone else, but IMHO in Dayz I think the use of TS isnt sporting. Thats just me. Im not the word of God.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 5

During the late 2000s, a nanomachine-based Codec was utilized by various soldiers and operatives. In order to successfully prevent outside people from successfully listening in to the call, the operative speaks in a nanomachine-based language while externally appearing to be silent.

• Like 3

During the late 2000s, a nanomachine-based Codec was utilized by various soldiers and operatives. In order to successfully prevent outside people from successfully listening in to the call, the operative speaks in a nanomachine-based language while externally appearing to be silent.

Ofcourse!

And all those random deaths in buildings? Fox die!

• Like 4

Any mic program such as teamspeak, ventrillo, skype, ext should be detected as a third party program (hack) and should crash/shutdown DayZ to desktop until you kiddies close those stupid fucking telepathy programs.

Edit: This is also a fucking zombie survival game, stop with all these military signal protection bullshit and stop watching so much TV.

Edited by HunterJay
  • Like 2

So you used teamspeak to infiltrate their coms network, gained their trust, and used live coordinate data to find and kill 15 of them?

That's cute, op. Real sweet.

I used to play EVE online. Belonged to a corp called Dominus Imperium, a merc corp. We got hired to put the hurt on an industry corp (by one of their rivals). Before the war dec was sent out, I told the CEO to hold off and wait. I infiltrated my indie character (at the time he was a highly trained miner with a mammoth) into their group of 50+ players. I learned EVERYTHING. Ops times, safe spot waypoints, ships and loadouts, EVERYTHING. When the war dec was sent out, I knew exactly where they were going, when, and in what force. It was a SLAUGHTER. We crushed them into DUST!

Afterwards, when the group of miners found out how they had been beaten so easily (because they had been infiltrated), half of the group quit the game entirely.

Nope. Totally legit, IMO.

• Like 3

So you used teamspeak to infiltrate their coms network, gained their trust, and used live coordinate data to find and kill 15 of them?

That's cute, op. Real sweet.

I used to play EVE online. Belonged to a corp called Dominus Imperium, a merc corp. We got hired to put the hurt on an industry corp (by one of their rivals). Before the war dec was sent out, I told the CEO to hold off and wait. I infiltrated my indie character (at the time he was a highly trained miner with a mammoth) into their group of 50+ players. I learned EVERYTHING. Ops times, safe spot waypoints, ships and loadouts, EVERYTHING. When the war dec was sent out, I knew exactly where they were going, when, and in what force. It was a SLAUGHTER. We crushed them into DUST!

Afterwards, when the group of miners found out how they had been beaten so easily (because they had been infiltrated), half of the group quit the game entirely.

Nope. Totally legit, IMO.

I am also of the Eve fraternity.  Dayz is very similar to eve in that way.  Except it has no local; which is great. Local is the dumbest idea ever.

Nothing wrong with being a spy.  As someone else said, I'd hate you for it; But its perfectly legit.

Urm not really wrong, but posting about it on the forums about the game that you are trying to spy on people in might not be the best tactic as perhaps one of them might read it and realize that they are compromised.

No it isn't.

Communication in any form should be allowed, especially since you can not always rely on in-game voice at times.

Take example with the mod that you can not disable side-chat voice without disabling Direct Communication. I am unsure if this was fixed in the Standalone or not, and if it was it should be up to the Server Administrator('s) if they wish to turn off voice.

Trying to disable a third party communication tool of any kind would result in conflict, especially since Steam has built in voice communication. And we cannot block that or risk upsetting many players and individuals.

We've had threads like this with heated discussion, and the outcome is usually just people arguing back and forth with valid reasonings. Make your own server and make your own rules if you must, but the DayZ Staff will never do anything like this to upset the playerbase nor community because a few people dislike the advantage of third party communication and metagaming.

• Like 1

Instead of turning my character into a zombie, the virus gave him telepathy.

Why would it be BS. its not that hard to do.

Clearly made up story. I like the idea though.

• Like 1

alright i will stop using TS the second they fix the walkie talkies to make them usable as in real world walkies. Me and my friends i play with will then use mic clicks to communicate with. Until they work correctly though i will continue to use TS.