crimsonbzd

If your PP's turned off you can't be much of a man

I paid €3000 for my PC 13 months ago. I still have low fps in DayZ and Arma II/III. It's not my pc, It's not people having crappy computers, it's shit programming from the developers. It's proven that Arma engine renders shit even though you don't see it, resulting in insane fps drops.

I don't even remember if I have post processing on. But is it cheating? Why the fuck should you care what I have on or off? You think it's cheating? The option is there, use it and stop crying like a little bitch.

Also, what are you running on that GTX 460? Some modified .ini file with ultra low settings?

My complaint here is about Gamma/Brightness adjustment and the ability to turn Post Process effects off.

Yes, I realize most of you who do this do so to get a higher FPS.

It's still cheating.

If you get hit by a bullet from another player with Post Process off, almost nothing happens to your screen. It goes a little bit more greyscale.

If you play the game properly, with post-process on, you get shot a couple times and you have to flee simply because you cannot see the world around you well enough to continue the engagement.

But, unfortunately, ya'll wanted to play PC games until your PC couldn't handle it.

Which throws me for a bit of a loop, cause all I'm running on here is a OC'd i5 and a single GTX 460, and I top out at 50 fps, which is far more than I even need.

So... y'all must be trying to play on some old Dell windows 98 PC or something.

And this saddens me, because the integrity of the game is out the door when players can alter their game as such.

So, this goes out to everyone using free gamma night vision, and everyone with their PP turned off.

Cause if you're PP's turned off, you're not too much of a man. Yes, I'm directly calling you a cheater, weak, and furthermore a cheapskate. Suck on my nuts, all of you. No need for one at a time, my PP is on all the way for yah ^_^.

PP can be turned to very low for an fps boost that works. I personally keep pp low for that reason. I also think turning it off is a bad choice because then you have boo sense of your actual health and that can be bad when you needed to decide wether or not to engage a person. Full health and blood can mean the difference between a one shoot h

Kill our not. Knowing your vision is blurry is also knowing you should retreat and heal up if you can. Not doing so can kill you. Cheating our not, that's my take.

Love how this troll states in his first post that his PC isn't that great (i5, single 460 gpu). Then later goes on to state how his skills,hard work, sense of responsibility, and success allowed him to be able to build this beast that can run the game with post processing effects. Climb down off your high horse, quit thinking of it as a full game that people are "cheating" in and start realizing that any form of circumvention/exploitation these players use are only helping to find said circumventions/exploitations, which in turn leads to a better overall end product.

And on a sidenote: It doesn't make a lot of sense to claim your hardware is badass then immediately afterwards talk about what it "can't" do as opposed to others "cheaper" hardware.

e.g. "which doesn't work for me, my TV I use as a computer monitor IS TOO FUCKIN BALLIN FOR YOU BROKE BITCHES"

I'm confused. If you're half as awesome and skilled and determined and dedicated as you seem to think you are why does it even matter to you what other people do? Surely you can kill "inferior humans" cleanly and quickly in game so the injured thing shouldn't even matter to you. Think of it as a way to give us less capable people a fair handicap so playing with someone as talented as you can stay fun for everyone.

Also don't feel like a celebrity being interviewed. If you're not serious then feel like a successful troll because everyone is feeding you, or if you are serious then feel like an embarrassment being mocked. 

"Inferior Humans" was a joke on the trolling bit. i.e. a method of baiting while talking about baiting, when you're trying to rope people of lower intelligence into an argument to get them heated as possible.

I made no claim as to "skill" in this game. If you'd like to know a little bit about me, I play FPS/shooter games to compete in order to do "the best" I play survival games to experience survival elements within that game realm. I'd gather than in PvP engagements, I'm on the "un-skilled" side of things. Then again, in the game today being "unskilled" means you don't KoS most of the time.

Again... "celebrity being interviewed"... do you come from a place with little sarcasm? I ask seriously because my egregious use of it would confuse someone who is not familiar with it.

My actual intent, which I reveal now cause I'm going to watch Lilo and Stitch with my baby girl and have run out of time to field your questions, is to cause the thread to grow large by insulting a large number of the population of THIS community, in order to draw them in and then gauge their response (for personal desire to know how many of you do this). I find it hypocritical of many of you to flame cheaters hackers and the like with one hand while sprinting your way to NWAF on an empty night server with gamma/brightness maxed with your other hand. 

Thusly, with the thread garnering this much attention, it will undoubtedly garner the attention of devs at some point (at least have a better chance to above the "add teh rocket launcherz" or "we want a new island map!" posts.)

Then, add in actual, intellectual points as why this system is flawed, cause a heated discussion, and you do most of my work for me.

Edited by crimsonBZD

This game should have been released solely on consoles.  That way everyone has the same hardware and the settings can be locked so no one can "cheat" their way to a better experience.  Oh wait, we have to restrict the size of your television.  Players with 55 inch TV's will have a huge, unfair advantage over players with smaller TVs. 

Okay...

Post processing is horrible. The game is already blurry as can be with antialiasing, alpha to coverage, edge smoothing, post processing quality, rotation blur. I have them all disabled so the graphics are sharp and detailed. The problem with developers is they believe they need to simulate motion blur in game. Since fast moving objects will naturally cause motion blur even on a monitor then why would we need to simulate it? Depth of field? already happens when you focus on the center of the screen.

At least there is an option to turn it all off. Developers should really get away from post processing.

Edited by SIDWULF

Naw nigga get yo priorities straight. I got a baby, she's happy, fed, warm and dry and I still managed to get this computer.

Don't get mad at me for what you don't have because of your failures - there's no reason you can't provide for your baby and get your computer.

Hello there

You may use the N word in real life, however we do not allow it in any form on the forums. Dont use it again, Please.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

This game should have been released solely on consoles.  That way everyone has the same hardware and the settings can be locked so no one can "cheat" their way to a better experience.  Oh wait, we have to restrict the size of your television.  Players with 55 inch TV's will have a huge, unfair advantage over players with smaller TVs. 

I'm sorry, are you under the impression that a bigger TV = bigger FOV?

In case you didn't know, a 22" monitor is the scientifically ideal size for gaming based on FOV of the average human being. In this space the distance you need to move your eyes across the screen is minimized while still providing a big enough screen to not decrease your view at range.

The only "advantage" of a bigger screen is something farther away will be represented larger than on a smaller screen, because everything is proportionally larger.

The disadvantages are increased eye fatigue and more eye movement (and even some head movement depending on where you're sitting) is required to scan your entire screen.

I'm sorry, are you under the impression that a bigger TV = bigger FOV?

In case you didn't know, a 22" monitor is the scientifically ideal size for gaming based on FOV of the average human being. In this space the distance you need to move your eyes across the screen is minimized while still providing a big enough screen to not decrease your view at range.

The only "advantage" of a bigger screen is something farther away will be represented larger than on a smaller screen, because everything is proportionally larger.

The disadvantages are increased eye fatigue and more eye movement (and even some head movement depending on where you're sitting) is required to scan your entire screen.

Last line was a joke.

Okay...

Post processing is horrible. The game is already blurry as can be with antialiasing, alpha to coverage, edge smoothing, post processing quality, rotation blur. I have them all disabled so the graphics are sharp and detailed. The problem with developers is they believe they need to simulate motion blur in game. Since fast moving objects will naturally cause motion blur even on a monitor then why would we need to simulate it? Depth of field? already happens when you focus on the center of the screen.

At least there is an option to turn it all off. Developers should really get away from post processing.

I agree that PP is a bad system to rely on, although I understand why they did it for this game in the way that they did.

To clarify my concern: it is possible to turn off status effects imposed on you, the player, through the post process feature that would otherwise impair your ability to see the game clearly (as the devs intended.)

My big thing is that I always like to play video games the way the developers intended, and I believe if this was the ideology of the mass of the gaming community of this world, we would see a proliferation in multiplayer gaming in terms of community, fun factor, and features.

Keep in mind for every moment they're spending preventing cheating and circumvention, a minute of game's progression is spent.

If they didn't have to worry about any of ya'll - from gamma/PP exploiters (I made a name for you) all the way to the full on hackers - every top-tier game would be so much fuller.

Hello there

You may use the N word in real life, however we do not allow it in any form on the forums. Dont use it again, Please.

Rgds

LoK

Hey look, just like a real celeb, your being called down for not thinking before you speak. If you were so "superior" I think you would have enough self control to not knock other players for the state of their hardware. I'm sure there are plenty of players with high end gaming rigs that still run with these effects disabled. You sir seem like a pretty "inferior" human to me.

Edited by SuPaFuNk

Last line was a joke.

It really seemed like you using the slippery slope fallacy.

QQ'ing about a feature in a game that has huge optimization issues at the moment....

Who cares, it probably will be dealt with soon enough but it isn't a huge deal just now, only an attention seeking muppet would call anyone out on this one. So many other issues that need to be attended to before anything like this is fixed....

I agree that PP is a bad system to rely on, although I understand why they did it for this game in the way that they did.

To clarify my concern: it is possible to turn off status effects imposed on you, the player, through the post process feature that would otherwise impair your ability to see the game clearly (as the devs intended.)

My big thing is that I always like to play video games the way the developers intended, and I believe if this was the ideology of the mass of the gaming community of this world, we would see a proliferation in multiplayer gaming in terms of community, fun factor, and features.

Keep in mind for every moment they're spending preventing cheating and circumvention, a minute of game's progression is spent.

If they didn't have to worry about any of ya'll - from gamma/PP exploiters (I made a name for you) all the way to the full on hackers - every top-tier game would be so much fuller.

The blurring of the screen and desaturation is okay when low on health, but the depth of field is not. Obviously these two option needs to be separated. I should of made a point of that.

Nope, 23. Some people use the word "nigga." It's true.

I'm beginning to feel like a celebrity being interviewed. It's kinda fun, I should bait inferior humans more.

Not here, you don't.

Since it's the second time you get warned about it, you will go on a little holiday.

Locked.

• Like 4