Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCorky

What time frame/era does Day-Z focus around?

I was wondering around what year does Day-Z actually take place?

I was asking because I wanted to look into the areas that surround Day-Z. The culture, weapons used, building types, and other like things.

Any information is welcomed.

From the looks of things, it looks like the 80's.

It's actally 202X

Chernorus is just 3rd world country.

DayZ was originally a mod for Arma II, as you might know.

Here you can find Arma II story line: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA_2

Clearly it's imaginable that the infection break out after the american intervent in Chernarus.

So the story takse place in late 2009.

DayZ was originally a mod for Arma II, as you might know.

Here you can find Arma II story line: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA_2

Clearly it's imaginable that the infection break out after the american intervent in Chernarus.

So there would be allot of mix of gun types than id assume. Both very modern and old.

Alrghty thanks guys!! I appreciate it!

Not sure why I didn't think to look at Arma II for storyline.

The DayZ story might also be some years after that, we can't know...for sure it isn't before 2009.

Yes there should be mixed weapons (even if in my opinion old and civilian ones should stay much more common) and such, we already see that: there are UN and New Zeland military hats, suggesting an international intervention had happened.

There are also Chernarussian red star movement hats, following up the story of the indipendence of Chernarus.

Anyway, devs can still build another background story, or leave us without it: we'll see :)

Edited by Gugolas

Im not saying it definately not related to the arma 2 story line as i dont know i have never seen anything relating to a back story for dayz (there has been no back story)

i am just wondering why with the SA people believe the story is linked to arma 2??? yeah it was a mod done on that game but how does that make the stories joined????

counter strike was a half life mod and yet it holds no shared story in relation to its mother game( that and many mods were done for arma 2 many having stories not relating to arma at all..

Ill wait and see if the devs actually make a back story for Dayz it might relate to arma 2 story then again it might not anyone here read rockets mind of late??

Im not saying it definately not related to the arma 2 story line as i dont know i have never seen anything relating to a back story for dayz (there has been no back story)

i am just wondering why with the SA people believe the story is linked to arma 2??? yeah it was a mod done on that game but how does that make the stories joined????

counter strike was a half life mod and yet it holds no shared story in relation to its mother game( that and many mods were done for arma 2 many having stories not relating to arma at all..

Ill wait and see if the devs actually make a back story for Dayz it might relate to arma 2 story then again it might not anyone here read rockets mind of late??

This is why people think the game is played out in the same storyline, or atleast the same timeline:

9-BNLqNG7.jpgYes, everything happened 2009, who knows what year it is now.

It's 2012-2013, an it is directly connected through to ArmA 2 (CDF zeds, CDF & CHDKZ berets, flags, etc). So we know it takes place after Operation Arrowhead.

Also, for the record; Chernarus is not a 3rd world country. It's 2nd world. There is too much infrastructure for it to be 3rd world.

• Like 1