Sign in to follow this  
nvrsbr

De-Sync issues ever going to be fixed?

I am so sick and tired of smashing keys and having nothing happen.

Would love to be able to play the game instead of standing around waiting for my keys to actually make me equip stuff, open doors, pick up stuff etc etc.

Only fix is to head to another server... but OH WAIT I have to wait for the timer to count down so I can play :P

lol. When i log in it sounds like someone in blowing in their mic for a few seconds gives me poor ears an ache :'(

• Like 1

I hope so. Its also to do with your own connection but desync really does make most combat encounters a random luck of the draw to who wins unless you get the drop on them.. All three of my deaths have been from getting the drop on a bandit and shooting them enough that they should of died but they turn around and take some shots on me before they die. 

Example: I saw a bandit kill a fresh spawn and then run into a pub. I sneaked into that pub and saw him looking out of a window with a m4. I take a step out and shoot him 2 or 3 times before moving behind the wall to be in cover again (He was facing outside the window the whole time). However I see him falling to the ground dead but turning to face me at the same time and the sound of his gun going off. I am behind the wall in cover and die. Funny part of the story is I spawned at the top east part of the map about 200 meters from the spot that this happened and managed to get both my gear and his haha.

I know my connection and the server connection has something to do with this but in this situation he was never facing me and I even did the right things to lower lag/ desync death. None the less I died still. 

I find that its far better to only engage in combat if you have a huge advantage.. surprise, a little distance, etc.  

Edited by Mopa

Well my internet connection is very fast, so no issues there.

Well my internet connection is very fast, so no issues there.

I had very bad desync issues before. Then i turned of the firewall on my pc and it helped alot. I almost never have desync issues anymore.. Not even when around other players..

Have you tried that? If not i recommend you to try..:)

I had very bad desync issues before. Then i turned of the firewall on my pc and it helped alot. I almost never have desync issues anymore.. Not even when around other players..

Have you tried that? If not i recommend you to try.. :)

Same, I have quick net and turn it off as I play. Still I see desync some times. I think its something on the games side. I dont know I just wish it would be fixed so when I shoot someone at 20m dead on it actually hits them. 

lol. When i log in it sounds like someone in blowing in their mic for a few seconds gives me poor ears an ache :'(

Not sure if it is the same issue as mine, but if you have surround sound headphones, turn them to stereo. The ocean sound seems to play when I first log in, like it thinks I am new-spawning and the channels for the sound are seriously messed up.

same i feel like my speakers are gonna pop

Jfiles and Thorison, I have found that sound to be related to the Colt Python .357 however I could be wrong. I had the same sound happen when I reloaded the .357, then heard it when I logged in and got the "All weapons reloading sounds" this is how I reached my conclusion.

I am so sick and tired of smashing keys and having nothing happen.

Would love to be able to play the game instead of standing around waiting for my keys to actually make me equip stuff, open doors, pick up stuff etc etc.

Only fix is to head to another server... but OH WAIT I have to wait for the timer to count down so I can play :P

So take a break and come back again in maybe 6 month...

• Like 1