wuffi (DayZ)

How do you dress?

Social experiment continues:

I was dressed with a pristine yellow raincoat, some blue cargo-pants I sewed up to look all nice and clean with the new sewing kit, orange backpack, those reflective mountaineer looking sunglasses, a blue radar cap and some yellow boots.

Met a couple dudes dressed all cowboyed up, I was on the second floor of a restaurant---(This part is really important for those of you who whine about KoS ruining the game)----It takes just a little bit of work to be friendly. I observed them and noticed one only had his melee weapon out, the other was ducking inside a building. I'm a pretty good shot, had the high ground, had plenty of cover. I had the advantage.  So after taking all these considerations, following my own personal rules of engagement by evaluating the situation before taking action, I decided to make contact.

I asked them "How's it going, you friendly?" A phrase that begins many tragic tales in DayZ. "Yeah we are friendly!" They replied. They asked me "Was that you firing earlier?" And I replied. "Ah. Yes. Zombies." I didn't bother explaining, but I had foolishly dropped my fire axe for a machete thinking it would actually be worth carrying. Was I ever wrong, I had slash a approximately zombie two dozen times for it to die. So when more than one attacked, I was forced to waste rounds on them. Anyway. Back to the story! They said we'll pretend this never happened and go our seperate ways. After they left I lingered prone for a bit with an angle on the stairwell in case they tried anything funny.

Despite the fact that I had a B95 and an empty chest holster, the rest of my attire was quite disarming. Had I not ditched my mask, military gear, and hunting backpack I'm quite certain the same scenario would have turned into a shoot out.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 2

The tksos(or whatever) stuff is my favorite as I have something very similar irl. HOWEVER.... with the new patch I am on the hunt for these new leather jackets and as a metal head I may simply have to wear them, regardless of how bandity or obvious they make me look. 

Haven't managed to find a single one though. 

I will try now cowboy style since they add cowboy hat and new rifle :D

I dress practical, I dress how I would think to dress in a real apocalypse. I don't wear combat boots because I feel they would be to heavy and limiting. I would wear Hiking shoes. I also do not wear sunglasses because I feel it would make it harder to spot people. I would wear a baseball cap to protect my face from the sun and glare. I would wear clothing with a lot of pockets water proof if possible.

I never liked PayDay. I was thinking the game would fall away into oblivion as some cheap money grab title from some unknown developer (When I saw the steam advertisement). I really do not approve of how they are capitalizing on the Batman movie with all the joker theme masks (opening scene, bank heist). I couldn't believe people fell for this unoriginality. You wouldn't believe how annoyed I was too see this fad passed into Day Z. I did not like the execution of the game either. The waves and waves of police officers, the bland graphics, the cheesy overall theme, how you help people back up after they have been shot to death. It's just to unbelievable I cant even touch it.

I useally "dress up" at the beginning to be able to cary more stuff. later i dress down again and useally end up with blackjeans/black shirt and some warm hat.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I like the pilot helmet, if I can find one, and whatever grey or black gear around that looks vaguely plausible as a flight suit. No fatigues because I feel like that almost forces people to shoot on sight. I'm not a big Role Player, but there's something satisfying about the Behind Enemy Lines crashed-pilot look, and I know I wouldn't want to shoot someone that looks that awesome, unless I had to. That's like shooting a unicorn or a Wooly Mammoth.

I wish they had an all orange jumpsuit, so I could go full Star Wars. Who cares if you stand out? It's all about the Rule of Cool.

If i find a pair of leather dress shoes I will always take them, and I try to match. I attempt to avoid cargo pants because i don't like how they flair out at the sides, I try to stick to jeans and tac shirts or just shirts in general

Currently going for the downed chopper pilot look with flight helmet and chest holster.....

however if I die....

I'm going for the cowboy hat, glasses' and shorts with a perty pink backpack, god I hope they add assless chaps.....

I just run around naked.

Something tells me you're also a fan of burlap sacks...

>.>

• Like 1

I used to wear entirely military gear, but I'm starting to get tired of that and I'm slowly moving toward a more civilian look. No orange or yellow clothes, as it sticks out too much.

Pretty much this.

I change my look each time I die, but currently I am wearing all black tactical gear with a black beret.  My guy looks like a badass.

Useally a tactical vest, (black) cargo pants (green), hunter backpack and a beanie (either black or green). For shoes I keep the athletic shoes you start off with. High speed low drag.

Practicality combined with discreet colouring is my cup of tea. Greens & browns for melding into the woods and grassy slopes are preferred, camouflage can be helpful. I prefer military clothing as that's what I'd plump for in an apocalyptic situation due to their, in general, hard-wearing qualities and large number of pockets. Currently my chap has;

Flockton.jpg

- Black Radar Cap

- Olive Tactical Shirt

- UK DPM Assault Vest

- Hunting Backpack

- TTSKO Trousers

- Grey Combat Boots

- Black Work Gloves

I'm not a fan of gasmasks/masks and I don't tend to carry sunglasses. I do carry a [Pristine] New Zealand beret in my backpack for those moments when I want a change from the Radar cap. When I start out from a fresh spawn I look to acquire warm clothing quickly (hoodie) and decent trousers. I avoid the larger rucksacks due to their increased profile and often bright colours.

Edited by rapier17

Im getting bored of camo aswell, tried civy gear for a while but now im trying for an all black clothes loadout....night ninja :D

I dress the same as how I dress in real life.

-Bright Blue Check Shirt

-Dark Blue Jeans

-Yellow Work Boots

-Black Beanie Hat

Usually my primary concern is inventory space and my secondary concern is camouflage (whether it be rural or urban). Sometimes though I get a little bored and I set myself a challenge that I'll only wear civilian, casual, "friendly" clothes and equipment the next time I have to start over.

UMKOMVg.jpg

Those red military boots are best with canvas red short pants, so the anarchy symbol is showing.

When I find those boots I'm gonna go with canvans short pants and this Freddy Krugger red shirt with black stripes, maybe Dallas mask to that.