Sign in to follow this  
3reeso (DayZ)

Ksvk

An idea i had for those of you who want high powered sniper rifles in standalone is to add the ksvk because it fits the region.

But make it so that you can only get it and use it is via finding the individual components of it (i dont know how its built) so ie you find the barrel then the reciever and the stock.

Just let me know what you guys think.

Cheers.

• Like 1

i dont get it why 99% of the dayz players are so obsessed with sniper rifles and high end Military guns <_<

• Like 1

i dont get it why 99% of the dayz players are so obsessed with sniper rifles and high end Military guns <_<

you must be new here....still, no...that weapon should not be in the game

• Like 1

The KSVK is not realistic just because it's Russian. Very few of them actually exist and I'd reckon almost all of them are in Russia.

You'd seriously be more likely to find an M82/M107, and even those I don't want.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Guys i played the original mod and loved it but there is something i miss about being hunted by a guy with a high powered sniper rifle and turning the tables and hunting him.

This game will never be call of duty i F***ing hate it when people say stuff like " ah they want it to be like cod ".

Plus this was only a suggestion guys, i was using the ksvk as an idea for the mechanic of finding individual gun components that would eventually be made into a slightly unique gun.

Guys i played the original mod and loved it but there is something i miss about being hunted by a guy with a high powered sniper rifle and turning the tables and hunting him.

This game will never be call of duty i F***ing hate it when people say stuff like " ah they want it to be like cod ".

Plus this was only a suggestion guys, i was using the ksvk as an idea for the mechanic of finding individual gun components that would eventually be made into a slightly unique gun.

Its DayZ, a game about surviving zombies and interactions with players, not "Sniper griefing simulator". The Anti Material rifles in the mod never agro'd zombies to the shooter and instead to their intended target in a unrealistic matter. Seeing how Dean Hall is trying to discourage the old call of duty days of ignoring zombies all together,gunning down other players, and discarding any loot they may have had, I don't see long distance rifles outside 7.62 battle rifles and designated marksmen rifles being imputed.

Its DayZ, a game about surviving zombies and interactions with players, not "Sniper griefing simulator". The Anti Material rifles in the mod never agro'd zombies to the shooter and instead to their intended target in a unrealistic matter. Seeing how Dean Hall is trying to discourage the old call of duty days of ignoring zombies all together,gunning down other players, and discarding any loot they may have had, I don't see long distance rifles outside 7.62 battle rifles and designated marksmen rifles being imputed.

like i think i said i suggested a mechanic of finding unique guns i only used the ksvk as an idea.

like i think i said i suggested a mechanic of finding unique guns i only used the ksvk as an idea.

Also half of the player interactions are still getting shot at or being beaten to death.

Hello there

The SVD is far more "fitting" than the KVSK IMHO, but even the SVD I feel is a little OP for the DAYZ "feel".

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I think we need some serious advanced mechanics put in place, in order to allow anti-material rifles into the game. The way .50 caliber sniper rifles were used in close combat as rail guns in the mod was just ridiculous. 

Dragunov's seem slightly more fitting then ksvk's but I don't realy know a lot about guns.

<------ Dragunov SVD, my favourite sniper-rifle. It'd definitely get my vote, even if it is a little over-powered.  :)

But yeah, making sniper-rifles too widely available would not be good for the game.

Edited by Survivor_Sabre
  • Like 1