Why KoS

Why KoS  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you KoS

• Because I want that loot!
    • Because he/she was on sight
    • Because I got scared
    • Because I used to play WarZ

I only KoS people that has got ranged weapons, if they don't i try to loot the poor guy without killing him. I find much more funny to disarm another player and taking from him just what i need, also sometimes i try to help the fresh spawns that deserve to be helped.

So KoS just the ppl that deserve to die, not everyone, it's a defensive KoS style.

That's not KoS, that's being a bandit...a...god kind of bandit...

Because this is DayZ, resources are scarce (not so much now), we all ran a LONG road to get where we are and we are not risking it all just because ''player interaction''. 

There is HUGE distrust.

People want your gear, not a can of beans or your tips.

Also, get in a clan or a group. You'll get enough player interaction.

Edited by skin_head_army

Because it's a good feeling knowing they have to start all over :)

not really a big hassle for them seeing you only shoot people on the coast you at most cost them 30min of work.Any Dayz player who knows there stuff knows you head of the coast straight away... That leaves you and the noobs playing bang bang on the coast of a 225 square kilometer map lots off space left for actual dayz players..

PS still waiting on that server address mate...

Could you explain the difference between "KoS" and killing in general? I, for one, truly fail to see any distiction between killing and killing...

I kill people and I don't loot them, so what does that make me?

I do it because I've lost count of how many times I've been running around and my screen just goes black with "YOU ARE DEAD".   Returning the favor.

Could you explain the difference between "KoS" and killing in general? I, for one, truly fail to see any distiction between killing and killing...

KOS = immediatly or within seconds of spotting another player you open fire without warning or conversation of any type. (the player most likely does not know you are there, or sees you and is already running away)

Normal killing = You may watch the player before deciding what to do with him, rob him, or run up and talk before you shoot him in the face or back. this way is not an imediate kill and requires some thought process on your part to not just go on animal instinct and attack the first thing you see.

I kill people and I don't loot them, so what does that make me?

I do it because I've lost count of how many times I've been running around and my screen just goes black with "YOU ARE DEAD".   Returning the favor.

Hitler would be proud of you.

• Like 3

I do it if i find them threatening me... Like 10-15mins ago some guy just kept running into me on purpose then he ads on his revolver and i blew him away, but i dont just shoot if i see anyone, i try to watch them but carry on with my looting

people will KoS me, so i shoot them before they can shoot me. If i see a freshy then i kill him to becuse he will find loot and will come after me. 

Currently why not when it has no bearing on my character?..

Not so much meaning that it should change my ability to play or that i should have a bandit skin for doing so. More so cause theres nothing that reflects what kind of character im playing making you have to decide that this is the route im going to take. (to add, i would be a bandit still if what i said above was possible)

So as is now.. If you have a weapon in your hands(not a melee weapon) and I see you, plan to be killed.

If you dont have a weapon in your hands you are not a threat to me yet.

Edited by cels

Only when the person forms a threat to me or my mates.

Missed that one in your list.

I KoS because I can play however the hell I want to.

I didn't used to know why people KOS, now I know, first one today :( Jesus when you hear that guy open the gate and know someone else is in the barracks with you good I had a heart attack, saw him looking into another room, and I flash backed to the previous times where I got killed at a  airbase and new he might do the same so I shot him all rounds into him with my SKS, he shot back but I must of hit his M4 and every shot missed then he dissapeared into the room and I presumed he was unconscious and I legged it as the zombies began to come in through the walls! Im shaking now, never had a game do this to me...

people get scared in this game? really? with how janky things look I cant help but laugh most of the time. I KoS because they let me I dont need or want your loot.

Well yes because I fear frikking losing all the stuff I spent 6 hours finding, especially when you turn around and theres some guy with an M4 sitting there and he could instantly take away everything you worked to get!

So, as I've stated before, I play many different ways ranging from friendly to hostile and everything in between. I take light rp parameters and apply it to each new life. Eventually all lives end from either poor descisions or recklessness wrought from the boredom of playing too efficiently and living far to long.

Now, if I'm not having some sort of murderous psychopath playthrough, I am committing to what I would call... KaO

Kill after Observation.

People who are potential threats to my well being; geared people who look sketchy (Military Gear or Masks of any kind) People who round a corner at the same time with me who have weapons drawn. Those people die too. To close. Image is everything!

There is also KoH, Kill on Hearing. If you're a tiny child or crackly squeak-teen, sorry but your juvenile antics can't be trusted. Bullet sammiches for you!
(This may be partially because I hate hiphop and dubstep with such fervor and vehemence that I take it out on you.)

And then there is KaS.... Kill after Stalking.
This happens if I find a clown mask and fireaxe. I will track you. Scare the shit out of you, then cut you into tiny pieces.

Edited by Rudette