reaping

Died by climbing a ladder

So yeah, I was full geared and everything. Decided to climb a ladder in the flat buildings of west cherno and just randomly died.

While I was climbing I just got blackscreen with the text you are dead.  :|

Should I report this? Anyone else had this?

Ladders are the number 1 killer in chernarus at the moment. Avoid them at all costs

• Like 2

There is never ANYTHING at the top of those ladders worth the risk. 

I haven't climbed a ladder since erm december.

I've lost many a fully loaded char to ladders. Either by accidentally backing off it, getting to the top and finding myself in midair, (my personal fav) getting the "no message from server" message several moments after being near the ladder, and finding out I disconnected while on it.

So yeah, I was full geared and everything. Decided to climb a ladder in the flat buildings of west cherno and just randomly died.

wJZF4c8.jpg

• Like 2

Ladders are fine...dont run around like a spastic donkey when u approach the ladder. Walk on the roof. Relax.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 1

damn ladder broke my leg :(

at the very top of course so i had to crawl down every story hahaha

oh and it is possible you got sniped, the shooter could be further then your hearing distance and you would never hear the actual shot.

I had this happen, though a little different. My character climbed the ladder, climbed higher than the ladder was - and then fell. To his death. 

I use ladders all the time. Walk up to it, give a second to attach, only move up or down, give a moment to detach. 100% success rate since I've done it that way for the last two weeks.

I've yet to die by ladder.

>.>

But I've heard the stories.

I use ladders all the time. Walk up to it, give a second to attach, only move up or down, give a moment to detach. 100% success rate since I've done it that way for the last two weeks.

Yup, only time I died on a ladder was all user error, I hit V instead of F, derp. 

Also, don't have anything in your hands when you start to climb, yes, it will put the item away, but it can cause it to bug and make you fall.

In 200 hours i've never died from climbing a ladder. Just take it slow.

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

I've never died from a ladder either until today. Was just randomly climbing a high ladder in the middle of the flat building.

When mounting a ladder:

- Don't crouch or crawl. You will become a perfect target as soon as you climb anyway.

- Free your hands, holster or shoulder your gun, don't be in aggresive stance (space).

- Get into a safe distance, don't be too close to the edge of the wall, don't be too far away, about half a meter up to a meter seems fine.

Ladders have become safer in my oppinion, it is still possible to gltich off of them, but especially as the fall damage is now supposed to work correctly, a morphine shot might be all you need after most ladder glitching.