Sign in to follow this  
igotrage

Time to retire my trusty Mosin?

Its a matter of prefence.

With the SKS ; its very versatile ; its really the only weapon you will need to carry. However the limitation of 200m effective range has caused me to stick with the mosin. You become limited on your engage distance and lose the ability to properly recon.

I carry a mosin (LRS & PU scopes) along with a magnum and sawed off shotgun. Depending on the situation is what gun I will use. But I normally play solo and have a bad case of paranoia on 25+ pop servers so I tend to do a lot of reconnaissance before I enter high traffic areas.

Reason I stuck with the mosin is , for close distance combat , I tend to come out alive in close quarters situations due to the magnums stopping power. Rarely do I get suprised in an area I have reconned ; and when I do; they get a face full of .357. I've dropped many m4 users as well as SKS users with the magnum. So until the SKS LRS clipping issues are fixed. I will continue to use the mosin.

Plus at times I get bored and just like to be the asshole sniping at NEAF ; can't really do that with a SKS.

Also you can paint the SKS.

What... I tried and it didn't work.

Not exactly reliable anymore. Recoil is through the roof and unusable at range unless you have a spotter.

Are you serious?

LOL even with a LRS the sks would not be effective at range as its dispersion is twice that of a mosin you wont hit jack at over 300 m unless its lucky or you blast all 10 bullets which is an option i guess if you have enough ammo.