stationmax

FPS DROPS LAST PATCH - MORE INFORMATION (SPAM TO DEVS)

Do not start posting your topic across the forums.

I stopped spamming, if you see other posts by me of the same topic are made 30-40 minutes ago. Btw i send you a pvt message.

I'm only talking here in my post now.. im sorry i was just trying to help the community.

It will not happen again.

see this for more information: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8308

Edited by StationMax

This definitely has something to do with multiple players being in proximity to each other. Tested with six players tonight. If we all entered the same network bubble, frames dropped to the point of crash. When on your own, your fine.

Good new is, you know if your frames go to shit and the game crashes, there's a player close by. Alpha baby alpha, the game is awesome and when these bugs are squashed it's going to be one of the greatest of all time.

• Like 2

This definitely has something to do with multiple players being in proximity to each other. Tested with six players tonight. If we all entered the same network bubble, frames dropped to the point of crash. When on your own, your fine.

Good new is, you know if your frames go to shit and the game crashes, there's a player close by. Alpha baby alpha, the game is awesome and when these bugs are squashed it's going to be one of the greatest of all time.

Finally someone who tested ! see im right... please take a look at my report and vote up thanks

Everyone is making a false correlation with the whole "15-30 minutes after you log in performance drops" because this is how long it takes you to get into areas with either several friends or many other players. I would eat my hat if it isn't something to do with multiple players in the same network bubble.

Everyone is making a false correlation with the whole "15-30 minutes after you log in performance drops" because this is how long it takes you to get into areas with either several friends or many other players. I would eat my hat if it isn't something to do with multiple players in the same network bubble.

i have tryed with my friend 4 hours ago and i can tell you that there are INFECTED PLAYERS xD i mean some player in the "network bubble" make this bug happen.. ( im one of them) and my friend starts lagging as hell for no reason ahah..

Edited by StationMax
  • Like 1

man i give up, nobody seems to care about it... i gave the solution in a silver plate and no one cares.. im trayng to make a report feedbak but cmon..

So you really think that 'killing' your character is valuable solution? No it's not.

Edited by Lachance

So you really think that 'killing' your character is valuable solution? No it's not.

Yes... killing your char and hide old equip, take in mind that other player with that bug must do the same thing, maby devs can be fix it with a general solution but if you want to play right now without problem try it.. afterall loot its not everything in this game

and last things these topic can be useful for devs to reproduce the bug and fix it...

Edited by StationMax

spawned and freeze,5 times.its unplayable.my friends too

I can confirm the OPs problem and the 'solution'. My pre-patch character experienced a framerate drop of 60 to 1 FPS after the update. I thought it was the rain but when he got killed (couldn't fight off 2 zombies at 1 FPS even tho armed w/ fire ax and M4A) and respawned the framerate problem disappeared, even in heavy rain.

For the love of god people, post your damn systems specs.  Every thread I've read about fps issues no one has posted their damn system specs.  That info alone is very important for helping solve your issues.

Read his posts and you might actually understand what he is saying.

I have read everything rocket has said so far on the subject, and everything everyone else has suggested, and all of the system specs posted on reddit to help. None of that helped anyone NOW.

This solution and one other seem effective, someone else mentioned that it was ruined or damaged items in a nearby inventory that was causing the issue, sure enough a 6 man team (not the only people to successfully fix their problem) emptied of ruined and damaged items and is now able to play with no memory leaks or fps problems. 

I don't see how this is spam or anything other than helpful to be honest, only the posts following the OP were a little off, mostly because they didn't read what he had to say in the first place. 

Worth noting that I can't verify it personally though, I haven't logged in tonight.

Edited by Torinx

and all of the system specs posted on reddit to help.

Not all of us use that cesspool site

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

I use only the posts Rocket uses, maybe you should too and you would be more informed of what's going on, or not, I don't care, I was just telling you what you don't know.

I use only the posts Rocket uses, maybe you should too and you would be more informed of what's going on, or not, I don't care, I was just telling you what you don't know.

And I' telling you that not adding your system specs when making bitch posts on this forums isn't going to help either.  There is a lot of posters on here who can easily help but without out the proper info it's just a crap shoot.  For all we know the majority raging about their fps issues are running 10 year old machines.  

I am having the same issue as well, and my system is not 10 years old, shit, its not even 2 months old.

And I know a lot of people that just bought a brand new dell and can't figure out why it doesn't play the latest games...... :rolleyes:

Ok guys here is a solution of this Problem!
(at first sorry for my bad english ;) )

Me and my clan g4m3.eu tried out diffrent things to find the reason for this problem. There are some items which has a buggy textrue. They are looking like the items in the picture in the appendix. if these items are lying on the ground and you will approach your fps will drop down! only if you move away from the point where they are lying your frames will go up again.

The same happens if there is a guy who carries items like that with him. if he is in the near of you, your frames drops and if he will go away the frames go up again.

hope the developers will fix it soon!

photo-176-b5c8ebb7.jpg

• Like 4

For the love of god people, post your damn systems specs.  Every thread I've read about fps issues no one has posted their damn system specs.  That info alone is very important for helping solve your issues.

while i generally agree, this problem does not seem to have anything to do with system specs

• Like 2

None indeed, most high end users who run without fraps dont notice the fps drop, but they will feel the stutering for sure.

My fps from 40-60 went to 15-35.

Edited by whothehellishe
  • Like 1

To the performance-issue: Running on Intel Core i7 2600 and AMD Radeon HD 7970 with the new Catalyst 14.1 beta-driver (Windows 7 64bit) I got good Frame-Average Outdoors and also in the big cities. Doesnt matter if raining or not. Not a single drop under minimum 30 fps. Most Graphics pushing on normal or high except for ambient conclusion, post-processing, and hdr-quality (which are disabled or low).

Also suffered not a single freeze in 4 houres of constantly gaming (a friend on me neither).

Might be intressting i was on a low populated Server (max. 12 players).

My PC took a Sh!t so here I am - my specs were fine before this update  - simple.

Edited by Attackm0de

Ok guys here is a solution of this Problem!

(at first sorry for my bad english ;) )

Me and my clan g4m3.eu tried out diffrent things to find the reason for this problem. There are some items which has a buggy textrue. They are looking like the items in the picture in the appendix. if these items are lying on the ground and you will approach your fps will drop down! only if you move away from the point where they are lying your frames will go up again.

The same happens if there is a guy who carries items like that with him. if he is in the near of you, your frames drops and if he will go away the frames go up again.

hope the developers will fix it soon!

photo-176-b5c8ebb7.jpg

Thanks a lot. It solved the dropping FPS issue.

Yes this happens to me now too.  I haven't played since before the new patch(es), last version I was playing was 11456 or w/e.  Now when I play I run for about 5 minutes and get a ridiculous drop in framerate.  It's so bad that the game becomes unplayable as it takes me a good 20 seconds to just look from left to right.  I double checked all my gear to make sure I didn't have any 60 round stacks of 5.56 or boxes inside boxes (which I was told might cause this) and I didn't have any of these things.  I tried setting my video settings all the way down and get the same thing.  I'm not sure if it's related but my Green Magpull Handguard and green magpul buttstock on the M4 are also blinking/flashing as if it's having trouble rendering.  It might be what is causing it or a symptom of the problem.  I don't know but hopefully someone can look into this because as of now I can't operate my character.

Well if the only solution is to kill of you character then they should do a wipe.

Of course that wouldn't solve the issue of those items still being ingame.