Sir Schmoopy

Remove Spawn Timer when joining same server.

I feel like 90% of the people who responded to this thread didn't bother reading a thing the op wrote.

He wasn't asking to completely remove the system, just remove the penalty when logging in to the SAME server. I don't see any down sides to that.

And you apparently didn't read any of the responses that explained clearly what you are asking about.   The timer on login prevents the OP from logging out, sneaking around behind you, logging in fast and shooting you in the back.   The timer is great and I haven't had any trouble from it, and as someone else noted above, there's a lot more loot in the military areas since the implementation of the timers as well. 

Keep it.

• Like 2

Clearly you don't have the intelligence to comrephend much beyond "ME BUY DAY Z, ME TEST, ME NO COMPLAIN, ME MAKE FUN OF SILLY NOOBS FOR COMPLAIN, ME WIN DAY Z"

You should just uninstall the forums until you get a brain.  All of these measures they put in for "combat logging" are clearly affecting players negatively, don't sit there and throw up an "it's an alpha" response, just don't even bother replying.

no I'm... 100% sure this is just people being impatient and complaining about it. If you don't like the timer don't jump servers/login then logout so often, that's basically... no, exactly how it works.

I feel like 90% of the people who responded to this thread didn't bother reading a thing the op wrote.

He wasn't asking to completely remove the system, just remove the penalty when logging in to the SAME server. I don't see any down sides to that.

that completely negates the point man. the timer is there to keep people from ghosting/combat logging, not just server hopping.

How is 5 minutes such an inconvenience? Read a book or some shit.

How about some of you read the thread before you try to type nonsense?

How in the *%$^ is someone supposed to ghost on you by joining the same server they logged out of - Especially when it takes 30+ seconds for them to even LOG OUT?

It's about joining the SAME server, not joining a different one..

Edit: Waah, they logged out and logged back in after I went past them! Tough titties, people log in behind you who were NEVER in your server, even AFTER a 5 minute timer.

Edited by AllDayZSimon

The downside would be reappearance of ghosting.

Six_ten your the one not comprehending this thread

For someone to ghost/ log out and sneak around you, he would have to switch to another server. He's asking for the removal of the log in timer when logging in to the SAME server.

Ghosting wouldn't return, you have to join a different server to move position, doing so would still net you a log in timer

• Like 1

I appreciate your situation Mr. OP, I'm sure a lot of us have had shitty ISP's in the past and a large number of us has inadvertently glitched into walls getting stuck in the process. But removing the log in timer will just bring back open season for loot hoovering server hoppers, which would make the game more difficult for everyone else in terms of finding the things needed to survive. So no, the timers should stay.

Maybe some allowance could be made for rejoining a server you just left if you haven't visited another server in between but I've got no idea how do-able that is, but then this could be abused in much the same way that combat logging was. Say I see a group of players crossing the same field or open woodland area I'm in and I really don't want to run the risk of being spotted, I could just go prone, log out, wait at the server screen for a minute or two for them to pass then log back in and carry on.

So you see, it's probably not as simple as just removing the timers to solve your problem as it just opens new problems elsewhere.

You might just have to grin and bare it for the time being until lagging through walls is no longer an issue.

Edited by Woodland Creature

How about some of you read the thread before you try to type nonsense?

How in the *%$^ is someone supposed to ghost on you by joining the same server they logged out of - Especially when it takes 30+ seconds for them to even LOG OUT?

It's about joining the SAME server, not joining a different one..

Edit: Waah, they logged out and logged back in after I went past them! Tough titties, people log in behind you who were NEVER in your server, even AFTER a 5 minute timer.

This made me laugh so hard why cause its you and your crew crying the rest of us are happy we have it the way we want. Keep crying on the forum mate maybe one day you will get to wear ya big boy pants......

And im currently STUCK inside a glitched room on the boat that i CANNOT get out of. Why make this thing SO buggy?

its purposfully buggy just to PISS YOU off. yes..you.

Joining the same server you were just on is the situation I feel the timer should be longest. 

Unfortunately I do not agree with the Server timer as I have died more from the game killing me or not saving my character than players or zombies combined, so I say let me server hop until they can fix the current status of the overall game and make the servers stable. Imagine spending 3 days looting to find decent items only to find the server has not saved any of it or you load the server and your dead.

This made me laugh so hard why cause its you and your crew crying the rest of us are happy we have it the way we want. Keep crying on the forum mate maybe one day you will get to wear ya big boy pants......

Lol what? My crew?

You're the one throwing around insults, maybe one day YOU will get to wear those pants. And please to anyone saying "____ Will make a comeback", please explain just HOW that would happen?

The reason it's there is some ghosters can't combat log and reappear quickly ( can be done in 10-15 seconds)

With the timer, if they log and try to log into re same server there's a good chance the person they combat logged from has moved on

This is not going to be removed

The downside would be reappearance of ghosting.

And you apparently didn't read any of the responses that explained clearly what you are asking about.   The timer on login prevents the OP from logging out, sneaking around behind you, logging in fast and shooting you in the back.   The timer is great and I haven't had any trouble from it, and as someone else noted above, there's a lot more loot in the military areas since the implementation of the timers as well. 

Keep it.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but in order to ghost you need to join a different server, right? This will STILL initiate the penalty. You will get penalized again when re-joining the initial server too, not to mention the log out timer for both servers. I don't see the problem with removing the penalty for consecutively rejoining the same server. You can't ghost with one server.

Loot being in military bases has nothing to do with "hopping" if it's on the same server, well, because it's the same server. I think the 30 second log out timer should be changed to 1-2 minutes and the log in timer should be removed if it's the same server.

-No combat logging (improved if logout timer is increased)
-No ghosting
-No server hopping
-No penalty for joining the same server if you've crashed or something

Edited by solodude23

Pretty much title says it all. Its the most complete bull shit ever. I relogged just to try to get out of a glitched wall on the stupid boat, which is the MOST BUGGY place in game mind you, and i have to wait the full 5 minutes? Im all for the timer when server hopping early but when joining the SAME server? No sense at all.

---------------

Edited by Highlander007

The timer is also incredibly annoying if you join a server that's about to crash, when you change server again you will have to wait the 5min for no reason.

and how would anyone know a server is going to crash?   I have joined servers before that restart 4 mins after i got in them...guess what..I re joined it as soon as it was back up..no timer.

the timer is there to PROTECT you from ghosters.

before the patch people were whining to have a timer in place...they put in a timer......people whine about the timer.

get over it and learn to deal with it.

Id rather have to deal with such inconveniences than combat loggers/ghosting.

I think it's talking about the same server you were previously on. Server hoppers have no benefit of rejoining the same server, although ghosting could still be a problem. However, this would take into account people who crash/desync/disconnect for testing/whatever other legitimate reason.

meh like everything in this game the timer isn't perfect keep searching theres ways around waiting.