blissfulkunt

Its not the Rain, there is a massive Memory Leak.

Mostly posting this so everyone doesn't think its the rain causing the issues. Opened my task manager and noticed the CPU usage constantly rises, then someone on another post of mine told me there is a big memory leak issue.

Anyways if you can only play for 10-20minutes before the game decides to take a sh*t and leave you hanging, you are not alone.

Hopefully fixed soon, till then I suggest we find something else to do.

Also assuming this is mostly affecting those of us with lower-medium end computers, the guys with high end ones probably wont have this problem as they can put out a lot more memory/CPU usage.

• Like 7

Mostly posting this so everyone doesn't think its the rain causing the issues. Opened my task manager and noticed the CPU usage constantly rises, then someone on another post of mine told me there is a big memory leak issue.

Anyways if you can only play for 10-20minutes before the game decides to take a sh*t and leave you hanging, you are not alone.

Hopefully fixed soon, till then I suggest we find something else to do.

Also assuming this is mostly affecting those of us with lower-medium end computers, the guys with high end ones probably wont have this problem as they can put out a lot more memory/CPU usage.

While I agree with you, the fact that they're leaving the game like this on a Friday is pretty bad.

• Like 3

Same issue, load in, wait for the game to stabilize (takes a while on my crappy connection) play for 5-10 minutes starts to develop massive lag eventually unplayable.

For science

Windows 7 64bit

FX-4170 4.2GHZ

MSI 990FXA-GD80V2

6850x2

Corsair vengeance 16gb DDR3 (8gbx2)

OCZ agility 120g SSD

Same issue, load in, wait for the game to stabilize (takes a while on my crappy connection) play for 5-10 minutes starts to develop massive lag eventually unplayable.

For science

Windows 7 64bit

FX-4170 4.2GHZ

MSI 990FXA-GD80V2

6850x2

Corsair vengeance 16gb DDR3 (8gbx2)

OCZ agility 120g SSD

I'd say thats kind of high end :)

I am running core i7 quad and am having the problems too :(

While I agree with you, the fact that they're leaving the game like this on a Friday is pretty bad.

c'mon Grimey it's a game, they are allowed to finish work on time and have weekends like the rest of the free world; they're not our slaves ... unfortunately :P

• Like 5

I'd say thats kind of high end :)

I am running core i7 quad and am having the problems too :(

The CPU and the GPUs are rather dated, and were mid-range when new, been looking to replace them for a long time but I don't play any games they can't run well so I haven't been able to justify it.

I kind of hope that they were forced to leave it there for Monday.

I hope Rocket and the team have been instructed to take more care of themselves, after spending the most of 2012 chasing after the ever expanding mod, constant increasing demand and after the last six months of crunch in 2013, until DayZ was finally released. As much as I'd like they to work all weekend to hotfix the latest problem, I'd rather have them pace themselves for the long run, instead of burning out midway through the alpha.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

c'mon Grimey it's a game, they are allowed to finish work on time and have weekends like the rest of the free world; they're not our slaves ... unfortunately :P

I don't begrudge them their weekends, I just wouldn't have dropped a patch on a Friday for this reason. Patch days are better off dropped at the beginning of the week as more people are working and at school, and the developers are, well, working. Now we have three days with no game. It's a bad day to be an addict. :T

• Like 5

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY I HOPE THEY'RE WORKING A BIT OF OVER TIME AND WILL RELEASE TOMORROW

Need my DayZ fix!!

god.gif

Edited by DoctorWhy
  • Like 1

I don't begrudge them their weekends, I just wouldn't have dropped a patch on a Friday for this reason. Patch days are better off dropped at the beginning of the week as more people are working and at school, and the developers are, well, working. Now we have three days with no game. It's a bad day to be an addict. :T

Unfortunately I agree 100% BAD WEEKEND to be an addict =/

• Like 1

I'm guessing nobody here has had to track down a memory leak? If they'll have a patch ready on Monday, someone is working right now and likely through until then.

• Like 1

there were people stuck being dead before this latest patch

triage

I mean couldn't they have released this patch monday?....

just saying, the only reason they even forced this patch out is because everyone was crying that they couldnt respawn, when there were several very easy solutions posted to the issue.

All i'm saying is pushing out a major hot-fix patch with serious issues like a memory leak that makes the game INCREDIBLY unplayable with no known fix at the moment is pretty obnoxious if you ask me.

I mean seriously, it's just poor planning. They could have had a normal friday of work doing whatever, then waited the weekend and spread the info about the fix for the perma-dead glitch, and then forced the patch out on monday. That way they could work on this massive fuckfest that is this new patch throughout the week lol.

just being realistic. I mean they're working really hard, yes. But that's their job. We appreciate their hard work, but in the future, hope they plan something like this a little better.

there were people stuck being dead before this latest patch

triage

there were numerous forum posts on known fixes to the issue, no one bothered to bump them or spread the news. everyone thought complaining and making "OMG IM DEAD PLEASE FIX WTF" was way more productive.
Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

Though it may be frustrating please bear with them. They are adding massive chunks to the core of the game. Im sure we will have MUCH worse than this before they are done.

Though it may be frustrating please bear with them. They are adding massive chunks to the core of the game. Im sure we will have MUCH worse than this before they are done.

sure i'll bear with them, obviously. I'm excited for the game and i already spent my money on it. i just hope they don't do something so sloppy and seemingly not-thought-out in the future.

Best thing would be to magically surprise us with a fix tommorow, however I dont see it, pretty sure rocket is still streaming.

sure i'll bear with them, obviously. I'm excited for the game and i already spent my money on it. i just hope they don't do something so sloppy and seemingly not-thought-out in the future.

Like I said, im sure there will be a couple bad patches that make this one look like a walk in the park. Until beta rolls around, and even after there are going to be crazy problems with every patch.

But I understand the frustration, we all love the game and want to play :)

Well Rust, you finally after 3 weeks will have my attention for the weekend LOL

• Like 1

well, my opinion is:

if they are going for a rushed hotfix, that hotfix should only fix one bug, so there is less chance of this happening...