boonaroony

is dayz teh new tf2?

tonight i found a pink baseball cap, two cowboy hats, 2 green hard hats, a white hard hat, about 10 motorbike helmets, 2 ushankas, a red beret, a couple of beanies, a headtorch and a bobble hat. I went for the cowboy hat with shades cos it was ubergay...I want a rubber glove to make a chicken head or at the very least one of those beer helmets so i can carry a couple of extra drinks :)

• Like 7

its called diversity so not everyone looks the same.

totally agree with that one

• Like 1

we want pix of the cowboy-hat.

Oh, and never call a cowboy-hat "ubergay".

Just don't.

• Like 4

I hate to do this, but I think the cowboy hat is riding a little high on the player's head.

Just don't.

Ah sorry ok maybe not uber but still a bit gay if im honest, it wasnt the hat per say it was the chaps and studded waistcoat, they really tied the outfit together...

Just don't.

Lemme guess, you like that John Wayne idea of being a cowboy. Always riding off into the sunset with the boys, spending time around the campfire with the boys. Sleeping under the stars with the boys, going into town with the boys, ignoring women so you can drink with the boys. See where I'm going here?

Also, no "cowboy" alive or dead, could of carried a Canadian lumberjacks jock, jack.

Edited by Ineedscoffee
  • Like 1

Lemme guess, you like that John Wayne idea of cowboy.malways riding off into the sunset with the boys, spending time around the campfire with the boys. Sleeping under the stars with the boys, going into town with the boys, ignoring women so you can drink with the boys. See where I'm going here?

Also, no "cowboy" alive or dead, could of carried a Canadian lumberjacks jock, jack.

more time with the boy's i see...

see where I'm going here?

besides...most cowboy's have female horses.....lol

Edited by excitable1
  • Like 1

i was a little dissapointed when the brim of the cowboy hat was curved up. Always a sign that the hat is saying something rather than doing something - ie protecting you from the sun.

Cullen-Bohannon-cullen-bohannon-32276931

this is the hat i was thinking of, a fucking mans hat. 

Lemme guess, you like that John Wayne idea of cowboy.malways riding off into the sunset with the boys, spending time around the campfire with the boys. Sleeping under the stars with the boys, going into town with the boys, ignoring women so you can drink with the boys. See where I'm going here?

^apparently missed all the westerns featuring cowboys/gunmen and Indians killing other cowboys/gunmen and Indians over woman

Here

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800308/

Ok it was about money mostly, but in the end a guy gets dropped over a woman.

But for the ultimate NOT gay cowboy from cinema I give you Captain Augustus McCrae.

On topic, I dislike the number of hat spawns, ok so some of them look cool, but lets face it they don't DO anything and something that was actually useful could have spawned there, i will change my tune when and if they help with glare.

Oh and +1 for beer hats, so long s they have two slots that can take beer or soda or two water bottles

Edited by Franchi

i was a little dissapointed when the brim of the cowboy hat was curved up. Always a sign that the hat is saying something rather than doing something - ie protecting you from the sun.

Cullen-Bohannon-cullen-bohannon-32276931

this is the hat i was thinking of, a fucking mans hat. 

please define a "man's" hat....

Lemme guess, you like that John Wayne idea of being a cowboy. Always riding off into the sunset with the boys, spending time around the campfire with the boys. Sleeping under the stars with the boys, going into town with the boys, ignoring women so you can drink with the boys. See where I'm going here?

Yes, of course!

like here:

Nah, srsly.

To be honest, i would prefer this type of hat:

AZTcstmGGWHGamblerGingersnapWestern.jpg

over the "current" cowboy-hats.

qelrdlye2ip9.jpg

But i am not the guy, who talks everything bad.

Man, these hats are big steps in the right direction.

Maybe not exactly not what i want, but not toooo far from it.

but

Its-something.jpg

See where I'm going here?

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

While new additions are nice, I'd prefer it in the form of storage and accessories. A rifle sleeve for one, tactical thigh holster for the fnx for another. Attacking a compass to your belt loop. Belts may also increase movement speed by keeping your drawers up, and used to tie off wounds, stop bleeding, secure backpacks, etc. having a survival knife strapped to the outer side of your jungle boots is easily feasible to. Unless you roll your ankle.

On that subject, I'd love my old survival knife I had growing up. Thing had a compass on the bottom, metal hilt, hollow with enough room for line, matches, etc. also had the back serrated for cutting light branches.

• Like 1

There's a new/modern compass in the gamefiles already

(@ least i've seen one). and it looks like we're able to hang it to smth.

DEVs are discussing about leg-holsters and I already suggested beltholsters/belts ;)

and we got the improvised backpacks as a new storage 1-2 patches ago.

With the canvas-pants, down-jackets, lots of different boots, hard-hats, berets, etc. we also have new accessories.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

While new additions are nice, I'd prefer it in the form of storage and accessories. A rifle sleeve for one, tactical thigh holster for the fnx for another. Attacking a compass to your belt loop. Belts may also increase movement speed by keeping your drawers up, and used to tie off wounds, stop bleeding, secure backpacks, etc. having a survival knife strapped to the outer side of your jungle boots is easily feasible to. Unless you roll your ankle.

On that subject, I'd love my old survival knife I had growing up. Thing had a compass on the bottom, metal hilt, hollow with enough room for line, matches, etc. also had the back serrated for cutting light branches.

Hate to say it, but those style of knives tend to not hold up when push comes to shove. In my honest opinion, the hollow handle is cool, but it is meant to serve as a distraction from the other, shittier facets of the knife. The handle is hollow, so there is no tang. This is a structural disaster waiting to happen. Your knife could snap off at the crossguard whenever you try to do some heavy cutting. You can carry survival equipment in a purpose-built survival kit. Hell, I've got my survival kit lashed onto the outside of the sheath for my KA-BAR. Works wonderfully. 

Some excellent knife-makers I recommend are :

KA-BAR. not just the big combat knives, though they make excellent survival knives, even if they aren't "designed for it". The company makes good, solid folding knives and multi-tools

Gerber. I have several multi-tools from Gerber, and I love them. One is lashed to my survival kit, the other permanently attached to my bag.

• Like 1

Some excellent knife-makers I recommend are :

KA-BAR. not just the big combat knives, though they make excellent survival knives, even if they aren't "designed for it". The company makes good, solid folding knives and multi-tools

Gerber. I have several multi-tools from Gerber, and I love them. One is lashed to my survival kit, the other permanently attached to my bag.

gerber is a monstrously useful knife. 

Just don't.

What if it's pink and on a male?

Personally i like the diversity. The more colors and different hat styles the better.

I didn't find any green hard hats yet but i found one pristine white and one yellow one which i keep on me at both times. I really love running around with the yellow one i dont give a crap if ppl see me. Whats the point of the clothing if your to damned afraid to use it ever?

I also have seen blue hard hats and a very rarer orange classic one. I love the pilot helm to so i kept one.

Im a sucker for anything hard hat related or military/police related in that area.

I would LOVE to see some hockey helms and goalie face mask available to. Im mean Russians i imagine do play hockey. Shit we even get some really good Russian players that play here in the states.

Dude iv already suggested extra weapon holster attachments and stuff like that. Would love to see things to hold more gear.

• Like 1

Yes, of course!

like here:

OH MY GOD SOMEONE ELSE WHO PLAYS PLANETSIDE?? 

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

Personally i like the diversity. The more colors and different hat styles the better.

I didn't find any green hard hats yet but i found one pristine white and one yellow one which i keep on me at both times. I really love running around with the yellow one i dont give a crap if ppl see me. Whats the point of the clothing if your to damned afraid to use it ever?

I also have seen blue hard hats and a very rarer orange classic one. I love the pilot helm to so i kept one.

Im a sucker for anything hard hat related or military/police related in that area.

I would LOVE to see some hockey helms and goalie face mask available to. Im mean Russians i imagine do play hockey. Shit we even get some really good Russian players that play here in the states.

I just can't wear anything ingame, I wouldn't be seen with IRL. This is why I can't wear motorcycle helmets, hardhats, bandanas, berets, designer sunglasses, respirators or other masks. I just can't.

nah TF2 is a better deathmatch.

Ha! day z is just deathmatch isnt it? especially in a big town....