Sign in to follow this  
cejota14

Women Clothes

Also, military helmets and motorcycle helmets should be A LOT rarer. In fact, maybe they should only be a rare drop from zombies and certain northern military installations. Then we would see more people getting use out of beanies, berets, headscarves, baseball caps and what have you. And there should be no clothing restriction per gender-- all players should be allowed to wear all clothing items.
Edit: Op, "cute" was a really unnecessary tag.

Edited by bobotype3334
  • Like 1

Why not just improve the current models for female characters? vanity items are fine i guess, but they're not gonna be in a while. 

as the guy said above me, no to heels, they'd only be useful in the cities, you'd be fucked once you got off the pavement. 

• Like 1

Also, military helmets and motorcycle helmets should be A LOT rarer. In fact, maybe they should only be a rare drop from zombies and certain northern military installations. Then we would see more people getting use out of beanies, berets, headscarves, baseball caps and what have you. And there should be no clothing restriction per gender-- all players should be allowed to wear all clothing items.

Edit: Op, "cute" was a really unnecessary tag.

hehehe I know ^^

OP, yes to skirts and leggings and shit. In fact, some men wear leggings anyway IRL for the warmth, and you can pass off a skirt on a man as humourous pretty-princess behaviour. But a flat out NO NO NO to heels.

Seriously, NO NO NO.

Seriously,

no.

NO, Seriously,

NO.

totally agree on the heels shit

What about nun survivors.

Off topic but "johnny mad dog" is good movie.

• Like 1

I don't know about heels, long boots or the boots that are currently in game would work just fine, but some (thight, not loose) skirt and girly shirt should exist in a post apocalyptic world. I don't mind seeing men wearing girl's clothing either, but I think that would kill some of the realism. Anyway, this is just an idea...there's a lot of women who play DayZ and would be nice to actually feel like a female survivor and not a skinny male with a pony tail

That kind of thinking is wrong on so many levels. If you want to play ridiculous looking babes, play any other game, seriously. Stop trying to speak on behalf of women who play DayZ, it's your personal preference that it's only a woman if it wears a skirt and shows it's bellybutton.

• Like 4

The girls in this game need so much work , they move like guys , they sound like guys and they dress like guys . I really think the devs just put a girl skin on the guy model as a quick fix . I know its alpha but they need soooo much work hopefully we wont be left as is .

• Like 2

We should get tanktops, skirts, and summer dresses.

All of which should be for both genders, however badly fitting it would be on a mans hips and shoulders.

It should be customisable from the menu for woman only, so that any man wearing it is atleast insane enough to have taken it off a dead body.

• Like 2

That kind of thinking is wrong on so many levels. If you want to play ridiculous looking babes, play any other game, seriously. Stop trying to speak on behalf of women who play DayZ, it's your personal preference that it's only a woman if it wears a skirt and shows it's bellybutton.

Nobody wants bimbos as survivors, but even in the apocalypse skirts and women boots would exists, and I speak on behalf MOST women that play DayZ. It's not my personal preference, I'm just the girl who posted it. But maybe every single girl should make the same post exposing the same idea, right?

• Like 2

I dislike the ideas to make special clothing (or options) for women only. I prefer not to have any special customization and not to keep men from wearing womens clothes, if that's what they want.

This only adds to the complexity of creating the clothes for the devs. You'd not only need two models for the clothes - one for women one for men - as it is currently ingame, but you'd also need extra code that runs on the server and checks if the clothing can be worn by that character.

We already have a lot of vanity clothes ingame: canvas pants, cowboy hats, ushankas, beanies, etc, they all serve no apparent purpose, I don't mind if a few other items would be added to that.

Tanks tops are a great unisex thing to add first, a lot of men wear these things in real life. Make a skirt look like a kilt on a male model, hot pants are worn by some dudes in real life (although I think that was more popular back in the 70s or 80s).

Character customization is a different topic. I like it, but I think it is not good to discuss it here (it has been elsewhere) and it is said to be implemented anyway.

Edited by Baarn
  • Like 1

I agree there should be girls clothing, but shouldn't be limited to girls. It will become a gameplay advantage otherwise.

• Like 1

nobody would wear a payday mask in a real apocalypse and cowboyhats in Russia are as stupid and unrealsitic as wearing combat clothes and gasmaks only ( like most of the male players do)...But this is the fun part and rollplay aspect of the game but I have to agree that there is not much room for female players when it comes to that point ....btw talking about realism....isn't it more unrealistic to find only unisex or male clothes ??

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 4

nobody would wear a payday mask in a real apocalypse and cowboyhats in Russia are as stupid and unrealsitic as wearing combat clothes and gasmaks only ( like most of the male players do)...But this is the fun part and rollplay aspect of the game but I have to agree that there is not much room for female players when it comes to that point ....btw talking about realism....isn't it more unrealistic to find only unisex or male clothes ??

agree!

Also, most of the men's clothing can be wore by women IRL but I don't see too many men wearing girl's clothes  :lol: anyway I don't mind seeing men in dress

• Like 1

I play Fallen Earth a lot, and you can dress up your female toons (and a lot of actual woman play woman toons) in a variety of suits and dresses and styles.. The game makes a mint selling Keys and clothing items (its F2P, the keys open lock boxes with a chance of finding new clothes). So i think mini skirts need to be in the game...? lol ummm yeah i like a girl in a mini skirt.. but while im looking at that through my scope i might be more likely to get shot from behind >< More dress up items might be cool though, but I wont be dressing up if it doesnt offer protection. Also note that people in the game will dress their male characters in female atire... like wedding dresses (complete with veil) sometimes i think just to mess with others heads. :blush:

• Like 1

I feel that if this game is going to be called a MMO then yes it needs female clothes. Eye candy type should be included. Every great MMO has it. I'm not saying have half naked types but if you have female characters in the game then have skirts, tanktops, flares(bell bottoms) something a female would wear. I've played MMO for over 10 years and everyone one that blew up all the girls want thier avatar to look cute lol just come with the terratory.

This is in russia, they don't have stupid slut whore looking american summer clothing nor do I want that bullshit in a apocalyptic scenario.

• Like 1

This is in russia, they don't have stupid slut whore looking american summer clothing nor do I want that bullshit in a apocalyptic scenario.

Russian%20brides,%20Dnepropetrovsk%20marof course they don't... BAKA.

• Like 3

I'm all for this. Any sort of clanism, hierarchies and prestige are impossible right now because there's no storage/bases. I assume, just like mod, that larger social networks will grow when that happens. Complex interactions allow for specialization, meaning not everyone will wear the same exact "practical" clothing.

Already we see competent groups wearing the cowboy hat for style because they feel confident enough in their power to show off a little.

I could totally imagine a large group headed by a female leader. She may not need to tote around a gun and all that bullshit anymore. Having largess and security, and basically power, in DayZ is a whole other "end game".

Side note-Griefing is huge! Of course we want to dress hostages like prostitutes while feeding them disinfectant. The idea of kidnapping a guy, disarming and stripping him, then dressing him up all lady like and dropping him off in the middle of cherno on a busy server, sounds too hilarious to me to not happen.

• Like 2

I think there should be skirts - nothing too kinky, just 6" above the knee and containing the same number of pockets as an average pair of pants.

How about if a guy comes up to a skirt, he cannot wear it but can tear it into rags or tie it to his backpack for extra storage (to compensate for not being able to wear it).

• Like 2

The question is: If female clothes are introduced (which I think is a good idea!) will male be able to wear them too?

Maybe for a little queer* parade through Cherno? :D :D :D

• Like 1

This is DayZ... this is teh story of how you die. If you want to die like a manly pretty princess in stockings, pumps, and a mini-skirt then, by god, you should be able to...

This sums it up to be honest. It would be utterly foolish to use any of the clothes in the first post in a post apocalyptic world where function is everything, and the addition of such items should probably be about the very last thing the designers bother getting around to, but there is fundamentally no reason why these are omitted from the game. Just as with everything else in the game, there should be no restrictions on how these items are used.

Remember people acting crazy in the game should just be thought of as having gone crazy due to the post apocalyptic stress!

• Like 1