Sign in to follow this  
Beetlejuice (DayZ)

A new idea to stop the "kill-on-sight" mentality

In time with more additonal features I'm sure "KoS" will decrease a bit, but you have to understand something. Killing, whether on sight or not, will always happen and there's no reason to try and stop it. The very nature of this game is that you can/may/will die very often by the choices you make. Even if you believe your choice was "good" or correct, it can and will get you killed.

I have no problem with killing! You obviously don't understand what i mean and what my concerns are.

As some people KoS other people and especially new people to this game will KoS more frequently until this game is all about KoS and cheating again!

KoS is something you will never stop, if people wish to play that way, they will..

The only thing I can offer as far as any info is that Devs are looking at suggestions for things that will make people put more thought into the decisions they make though without affecting gameplay for deciding which way you play. (And no not skins for being good or bad)

And all i want is to make this game more realistic. And my suggestion wouldnt completely stop KoS. It would just make people more reliant on each other. But of course the Call of Duty people here don't want that!

KoS is something you will never stop, if people wish to play that way, they will..

5th time someone said that.

Please at least read the threat before you post something like this. It's not my point to completely STOP KoS

If you don't want to get killed on sight be more careful, think twice before you aproach someone if you see them first, try to look as less threatening as possible (no gasmasks, no full militar gear...)

5th time someone said that.

Please at least read the threat before you post something like this. It's not my point to completely STOP KoS

Well that was based on your thread title, you should change your thread title to be more fitting to your topic. Like 'Idea about skills'

As far as your topic, Dean spoke about skills at some point and cant remember what he said but im looking for it.....

...and found it.. any kind of skill or learning he said would be more based on learning as you go. So basically do it alot and you get better at it.

Maybe part of the issue is that people run to the same cities spawn after spawn, sprinting around like they are on too much PCP, looking for something to go shoot or bash peoples heads in with... I guess what I am saying is don't be so oblivious to whats around you, and try staying out of sight a bit...  

There is a solution most can agree with , dont wish to be KOSed dont be seen. If you seek new player interaction (which i do its a thrill the not knowing) stay out of sight stalk them and when you have the jump on them declare yourself have a little chat with them faced the other way with ya gun out test your skills of reading people by there voice what they say and see if you can find the few good players around.

When you decide there shifty terminate them you will have had fun had interaction ......

Will you make mistakes and die becausee of this yes but you make mistakes and die all the time anyway (many arent mistakesmerely wrong place wrong time) but just the playing stealthy will increase ya life span what ya do with it is your choice...

Edit i know what you are trying to say yes i agree it is not realistic everyone has every skill needed to do everything from spawn and as such doesnt rely on another player at all if they dont wish to it aint realistic KOS levels aint realistic to what most likely would happen (human race doomed) but then its a game about a zed apoc it aint realistic at all if you think about it may have semi realisitic balistics etc but in general its more as rocket puts it authentic than realistic...

Edited by SoulFirez

I'm willing the bet the people who are adamant about the "stopping" of KoS/SoS are probably the people whose average survival time is in the lower percentile lol

This is very likely.

• Like 1

KOS doesn't need to be fixed because its not broken. Its a part of the game and quite frankly if you dont like it maybe Day Z isnt for you. There is an entire slew of other games out there that you can play where getting killed by players wont be a problem, but this game isnt one of them. 

KOS doesn't need to be fixed because its not broken. Its a part of the game and quite frankly if you dont like it maybe Day Z isnt for you. There is an entire slew of other games out there that you can play where getting killed by players wont be a problem, but this game isnt one of them. 

Missing the point... Thank you for not reading!

• Like 1

Can i get your in game name, server you play at and what time you will be on. Yes my intentions are to kill you and yes multiple times.

I'm for no. KoS is not a bug, nor needs fixing. Let's face it - you getting killed too often isn't the fault of the game but yours.

The people that KOS are great antagonists. The fact that there is little way to get back at them is god damn bullshit.