Johnny Depth

Can't wait to go on hunting trips up north!

I will become a mountain man and transcend the usual PVP players. Until then though, you already know what's up and where I regulate traffic.

Who else is excited to hunt and make fires/camps? The north will be great! Plus I have a couple books I can relax and read outside my tent.

• Like 6

fire draws too much attention and reading book distracts you from your suroundings. I'm behind you. Stick em up!

Edited by sYs
  • Like 3

Yes I have been wanting them to add hunting to this game for some time now. I love the idea of never having to go to town again. Bows and arrows, and hunting is what I need in this game. 

Haha yeah but the chances of someone finding my campsite way up there is pretty slim I would think. And if you must rob a man while he's reading, you've already set your discourse in life.

Once I have somewhere to hoard my books, I'm going to open a library.

(And force people to read at gunpoint)

• Like 3

Great in theory, but... There is what appears to be a layout for building's up north, it's hard to tell but it doesn't seem like a town, I'm of the thinking maybe a resort getaway kind of place, or maybe a high security prison, actually hoping it's not another military base.

• Like 1

Great in theory, but... There is what appears to be a layout for building's up north, it's hard to tell but it doesn't seem like a town, I'm of the thinking maybe a resort getaway kind of place, or maybe a high security prison, actually hoping it's not another military base.

While I do appreciate the work they do on the map, it is indeed beginning to feel a little cramped. Less and less actual wilderness and more buildings. It would be great if the map could be expanded, but I guess that would be impossible for various reasons.

• Like 1

While I do appreciate the work they do on the map, it is indeed beginning to feel a little cramped. Less and less actual wilderness and more buildings. It would be great if the map could be expanded, but I guess that would be impossible for various reasons.

I have to agree.  From my experience with the mod, I would be VERY hesitant to light a fire anywhere on a packed server.  We need more wide open, empty spaces in IMHO.

Might depend on server resources etc, I've walked out into the dead zone on the edge of the map wondering what I'd find and it's just rolling landscape from what I can tell. While it may be no issue to just throw down a few tress and make a large wooded area, it might be some internal limitation that prevents the placement of objects in the deadzone... damn next experiment drop items in the dead zone and see what happens....

I will become a mountain man and transcend the usual PVP players. Until then though, you already know what's up and where I regulate traffic.

Who else is excited to hunt and make fires/camps? The north will be great! Plus I have a couple books I can relax and read outside my tent.

Well maybe i will stalk you :)

Today i followed a player for 20 minutes without being noticed ;)

Was fun watching him constantly trough my crosshair while he was "carefully" looting houses.

When i finally got bored i waited untill he entered a house again and then i sit down at the front door waiting for him to come out again

Of course he shot me without warning but it was really fun.

in the very very north west?

this will be a big prison for 80%, i think.

it was said smth. about big big prison from Dean, and "there's so much space...

Go weeest"

"Go West, young man, go West"...

I am planning on following in the footsteps of my ancestors. As the North and East fills up, I will head West. In-game, it looks like the northern part of the map will have more development eventually. There looks to be more "open space" on the western side of the map. I can set up a camp, etc.

Eventually, I would like to see some more long-term survival stuff put in. A still/tank for purifying/holding drinking water. A firewood holder to automatically feed a fire (I've built a few in real life, they work pretty good so long as you get the angle right), Traps/snares for small game(rabbits and squirrels). Blackpowder weapons (and you can make your own blackpowder in-game) to hunt the big stuff with. Eventually, crops and homesteading. 

I love Bushcraft.

Hunting I believe would eliminate a lot of the whining about "servers being picked clean". It would give you a way to survive in a high-pop server that's been cleaned out, while at the same time fighting for survival. 

Then again I'm a fan of loot not respawning in the future so i'm in the minority here.

• Like 1

Until then though, you already know what's up and where I regulate traffic.

Not really.  You still haven't posted the server.

Edited by Mdogg2005

...so are you supposed to be famous or something?...

never heard of you

I have been giving this some thought, after exploring the map a lot, I was thinking that the design is such to allow the map to be larger if needs be. Otherwise from an immersion point of view, why would the dead area not be closed off with mountains or coastline?

...so are you supposed to be famous or something?...

never heard of you

He's the guy who made the super troll thread about "If you want to die, come to _______".  Basically he thinks he's cool for killing fresh spawns and not allowing any real competition or challenge by telling people what server he does this in.

Edited by Mdogg2005
  • Like 1

Yeah, when playing earlier I just noticed a huge plot of land and road layouts just NW of Gvozdno. Looks like a city will be there eventually; there's even a soccer field already! But it's not like it's wilderness anyway - it's already cleared of forest.

Unless you meant the far NW.

Edited by solodude23