Sign in to follow this  
rodolfoxiii

Airfields and military bases are dumb

Everybody knows that the best items spawn in airfields and military bases.

Everybody knows that most servers resets every 4 hours.

What is happening now is that everybody loots airfields and military bases as soon as the server resets.

Why not put an use to that huge map and spawn items in random locations?

Sorry but the way it is now is really dumb.

Edited by silverman
  • Like 2

The loot system is a work in progress, Rocket has said at some point (I think it was in a livestream I saw) that he wants loot to respawn eventually but if I recall correctly he said they're still working on exactly how such a system would work. They're probably trying to avoid the model used in the mod as it was easy to exploit.

They do spawn in random locations.  I've found M4s in the houses with pianos in Stary Sobor,  an SKS in Solnichniy, and the colt in Dolina.

Yes chances are HIGHER they're there but you can find them anywhere.

• Like 5

Everybody knows that the best items spawn in airports and military bases.

Everybody knows that most servers resets every 4 hours.

What is happening now is that everybody loots airports and military bases as soon as the server resets.

Why not put an use to that huge map and spawn items in random locations?

Sorry but the way it is now is really dumb.

I think they wanna funnel people to the same place to incite violence...or at least give the already violent the means to be violent.

But I agree...at least make a few random items appear throughout the world.

Can I get ANY backyard-shed-loot-love?

Wat. Wrong thread 'cos I'm retarded. LULZ.

Edited by Diddums
  • Like 1

They do spawn in random locations.  I've found M4s in the houses with pianos in Stary Sobor,  an SKS in Solnichniy, and the colt in Dolina.

i`ve found them pre patch in piano house but not since.. could have just been my luck though.

Never found M4's anywhere other than military bases, airfields or Riffy.  Always the bloody shotgun in the piano house for me! :( 

i`ve found them pre patch in piano house but not since.. could have just been my luck though.

It's random but it happens

Never found M4's anywhere other than military bases, airfields or Riffy.  Always the bloody shotgun in the piano house for me! :(

Found my SKS in the Orange school house in solnichiny my first game since patch.  It's what I'm sportin now.

One place I see M4s a lot is the top floor of the office buildings (the one everyone calls a school). There's a single room up there that seems to guarantee a weapon of any kind along with random attachments or ammunition.

• Like 4

I always seem to find an M4 at the top floor of the school when im hoping for a mosin

I think they wanna funnel people to the same place to incite violence...or at least give the already violent the means to be violent.

But I agree...at least make a few random items appear throughout the world.

Can I get ANY backyard-shed-loot-love?

As noted already you can arm yourself pretty well without going to a airport/mil base. It makes sense though that your higher chance of getting higher level mil loot will be in a mil base or surroundings lol. This fits with risk reward people know they are there people go to them and the blood shed starts.

So risk head to a place everyone knows is good therefor risk being shot reward better chance of walking away with a mil style weapon.. The formula works......

You're dumb. :(

No but in all seriousness the hot zones should have the lowest total % chance to spawn ANYTHING, but should maintain the highest (relative!) % chance to spawn the best gear.

One place I see M4s a lot is the top floor of the office buildings (the one everyone calls a school). There's a single room up there that seems to guarantee a weapon of any kind along with random attachments or ammunition.

Also The mosin, revolver, and(likely) the rest of the firearms as well. Te roof often has ammo and attachments.

Furthermore, the stairwell in the new office building often has mosins and melee weapons.

Wat. Wrong thread 'cos I'm retarded. LULZ.

Finally..finally.. a confirmation.

• Like 1

You needed a confirmation? Who's the retard now eh?

The loot system sucks , i'm fed up running around in an area when theres little chance of everything not having already being looted its one of the main reason i can't stand playing dayz currently

• Like 1

The loot % in other buildings is not worth the time.

Not true. From my experience the school and the office building are guaranteed to spawn a weapon. Hitting the apartment complexes, which have, between them, a hospital, jail, 2 supermarkets, a school an office, and about 20 self storage units is enough to get you a mosin with attachments, a pistol, ammo for both, medical supplies, a melee weapon, a can opener, food and water.

The only thing I have trouble finding there is M4 attachments and extra magazines. (The jail is your best bet, but finding more than one magazine seems a long shot.)

The loot system sucks , i'm fed up running around in an area when theres little chance of everything not having already being looted its one of the main reason i can't stand playing dayz currently

hNzU4L3.jpg

• Like 2

They are working on getting re-spawning loot and zombies. Patience, patience...

Also according to Dean (his AMA on reddit like 2 weeks ago) he is planning on military grade loot to be extremely rare. Making traveling to military loot areas less likely to get you the best stuff. Not sure how this will effect things at the moment though.

• Like 2

They are working on getting re-spawning loot and zombies. Patience, patience...

Also according to Dean (his AMA on reddit like 2 weeks ago) he is planning on military grade loot to be extremely rare. Making traveling to military loot areas less likely to get you the best stuff. Not sure how this will effect things at the moment though.

That sounds good.

Thank you.

:)

It is rather obvious that the current loot system is mainly in place to test whatever new items are introduced (hence the abundance of new items after each spawn, while various items gets rarer). The current system is in no way near representative of how it is going to be.

However I don't know if it is going to be so randomised as you suggest, even though I personally think it is a good idea. It doesn't make any sense to have military loot spawn only at airfields and civilian loot only in civilian places. The loot is clearly not leftovers from civilisation but leftovers from other survivors, which is why any item could technically spawn anywhere.

• Like 2

The loot is clearly not leftovers from civilisation but leftovers from other survivors, which is why any item could technically spawn anywhere.

That is precisely how I am hoping they go about drawing up the loot tables. It would be a little too predictable if we purely assumed where items would have been found prior to Z-Day.

• Like 1

Found a couple of M4's at schools. Tis a crappy gun though so I left them.