Grimey Rick

The new logout system is bad. Very, very bad.

Youre defending something that clearly wasn't working. Brainless fanboy chatter.

I logged out by a bush and came back in and was in the middle of town, no cover, next to 2 zombies.

For you to say "that is working" is a clear indication that you a.) really dont understand anything B) . just a babbly fanboy.

He never said that it was working, he said, "The logout system is fine", in reference to the way it's designed to work. This is not to say there wasn't a bug that made it so the game forgot where you logged off. In fact, he stated it was a known bug that's already fixed. Did you read the thread at all?

Good choice of forum name btw.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

I suggest you have a look at the definition of "category error" because I am not making that error.

Yardpro's thread was a discussion about the order in which the servers were adjusted. Stability vs punishment.

As stability would solve this issue, then there is a clear connection.

I know I said I wouldn't respond again, but you're making a slightly different point now:

They just fixed the issue this thread is about, are the servers stable now Skyline-GTR?

When yardpro made his thread about his issue, yes he was making the larger point "they should work on server stability before a system to punish combat loggers", I addressed that very point in his very thread by saying they do work on server stability. There's been at least one note about server stability in each of the last few patches, including the patch today. Server stability is clearly a high priority for them, but I was of the opinion that yardpro's issue sounded more like a client-side issue and as such I was trying to direct him to the Troubleshooting forum.

So, now we have cleared this up, are we done hijacking this thread? This thread is not about the same issue. It is about a separate, secific issue which is now fixed and all we're doing is hijacking it.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 1

haha give up dude, your trolling.

Just relax, maybe take a break.

Everything is not as black and white as you make out.

Edited by Skyline-GTR
  • Like 1

haha give up dude, your trolling.

Just relax, maybe take a break.

Everything is not as black and white as you make out.

I'm not saying it's black-and-white, if anyone is it's you because you keep overly simplifying the issue to "server stability". But okay, I explained the issue and you have resorted to "lol u trollin", I'm hoping it's sunk in a bit now.

• Like 2

It's not the log-out system's fault the rollbacks happen. That's just a bug they introduced. It's not perfect but its an alpha.

I prefer how it is right now compared to how it was before where everyone just combat-logged. The amount of people i killed that sat down after combat-logging proved me right.

• Like 2

It's not the log-out system's fault the rollbacks happen. That's just a bug they introduced. It's not perfect but its an alpha.

Dear jesus...

• Like 2

I never said they were the same issue.

repeat again for i think 5th time: The cause is the same.

That's a hard connection to make for sure considering the bug is fixed yet server stability is still quite iffy. Where did you hear that the bug is caused solely on from stability? I'd believe it if a DEV confirmed it, but in the meantime, there's no reason to assume that's what caused the bug, especially considering it was easily fixed in the experimental (now stable) and people are still having server stability issues.

The thread you posted originally, however, is indeed about general stability issues and the dude being pissed about losing connection and having to face a timer penalty when re-joining. Not the same as this thread at all really.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Was just playing with the wife and a friend. We decided to quit for dinner after making our way from Berezino to the north-eastern airstrip. We ran to some pine trees in the field just south of the airstrip, waited for about a minute in-game, then logged out.

Upon logging in an hour or so later, my character appeared just in front of the prison on the hill in plain view of basically everywhere. The first sounds I hear? The FNX popping off, followed by, "You are dead". Yeah. Fucking awesome.

This isn't the first that this has happened either; it just happens to be the first time that I ended up taking bullets to the face because of this terrible system. I definitely waited long enough. We were there for at least a full minute. Fuck.

I agree that we need a valid logout system to deter combat-loggers, but this is not it. I've seen negative feedback when the World of Warcraft logout system has been mentioned, but... why? Find somewhere safe, click exit, a countdown timer appears, after the [20] second countdown, your character is logged out where you fucking logged out. Not ten feet from where you logged out. Not a mile from where you logged out. But exactly where you logged out. Crazy, right?

I'm posting a screenshot of this system from World of Warcraft that I just took in case there's some confusion:

sOkJKMV.jpg?1

WORLD OF WARCRAFT FTW

I played it for 9 years and counting :D

• Like 1

That's a hard connection to make for sure considering the bug is fixed yet server stability is still quite iffy. Where did you hear that the bug is caused solely on from stability? I'd believe it if a DEV confirmed it, but in the meantime, there's no reason to assume that's what caused the bug, especially considering it was easily fixed in the experimental (now stable) and people are still having server stability issues.

The thread you posted originally, however, is indeed about general stability issues and the dude being pissed about losing connection and having to face a timer penalty when re-joining. Not the same as this thread at all really.

Not really hard to determine that server stability is the cause of both issues. That is to suggest you understand the meaning of stability.

Also, 1 known issue that is logging in at a different location then you logged out, does not mean the servers are now stable. It simply means one aspect has been fixed.

The Yardpro issue, I believe is a server issue simply because of the amount of reports and my own personal experience. Many people claim no issue on their end, yet experience lag and disconnects.

This differenet location issue, was confirmed to be a systems error. If you dont know the systems are servers.

Not really hard to determine that server stability is the cause of both issues. That is to suggest you understand the meaning of stability.

Also, 1 known issue that is logging in at a different location then you logged out, does not mean the servers are now stable. It simply means one aspect has been fixed.

So, you're saying that:

1. The bug is caused by server stability.

2. The bug is now fixed.

3. The servers are still unstable.

In other words, in general, server stability wasn't the issue. So now you're saying that "one aspect" of server stability has been fixed? I don't see how server stability itself was the error then is something more specific was the cause.

The Yardpro issue, I believe is a server issue simply because of the amount of reports and my own personal experience. Many people claim no issue on their end, yet experience lag and disconnects.

I'm sure that's server stability issue. There's a direct correlation between disconnects, desync, lag, and server instability without question.

That thread's OP, however, never once mentions the 30s logout timer or the bug that caused players to spawn in a different location (as Grimey Rick did in both cases). He mentions the server-hopping penalty. That's where this convo really started, when you said "There is a thread about this" when the thread in fact is about a different issue. Not attacking, just attempting to clarify.

Anyway, I don't think I'll reply anymore as this has already dragged on too long. Baseline is: This thread and the thread you posted have different topics, regardless of what causes the location bug.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

"In other words, in general, server stability wasn't the issue. So now you're saying that "one aspect" of server stability has been fixed? I don't see how server stability itself was the error then is something more specific was the cause."

NO.

Im sorry if I used the wrong phrasing.

Ill try explain again.

Servers are unstable, causing numerous issues. 1 issue has been resolved. Servers still unstable.

Servers being unstable is not very specific, I agree, but it is a high level explanation of the cause. To go into more detail would be foolish as only a small number of people would actually understand. On top of that, any suggestion about the specific cause would simply be speculation. The devs would not release information at this level for security reasons.

So...your saying your mad because of a bug and want to dump the whole system all together. Good logic. Are you saying the design is bad? Or are you just saying a bug ruined your night? Please be Careful of thread titles that are misleading. They can have a Negative effect on the community.

I confess I only read the OP.

Edited by SIDWULF
  • Like 1

So...your saying your mad because of a bug and want to dump the whole system all Together. Good logic.

Relax man!  B)  He knows now.

• Like 1

So...your saying your mad because of a bug and want to dump the whole system all Together. Good logic.

Who is this aimed at ?

Ah gotcha. Well he should change the thread title and the op at least. More people will flood in here not understanding.

Edited by SIDWULF

WORLD OF WARCRAFT FTW

I played it for 9 years and counting :D

Yep, same. :3

November '04, baby. Warsong US PVP! (And, erm, Medivh US PVE too... -_-)

jesus christ all of you new-posters stfu with this "It's an ALPHEEERR!" shit. it won't help you fit in faster and it's annoying. Maybe if this was page 1 it'd be different, but this is the FIFTH FREAKING PAGE! It's not necessary

I agree with you.

I often tell people to calm their bitch tits because it's an alpha, so problems will arise.

But because it's an alpha, it's our duty to report the bugs in the tracker as well as discuss it, vent about it and make noise so others can either,

A.) Not get screwed by the bug, and

B.) Hopefully get more people up voting the reported problem so it gets more attention.

But yeah, most people seem to be saying it's an alpha to dismiss someone's complaint.

Then again, when someone whines about the lack of zombies or their AI, I want to gut punch them because THAT'S an alpha issue that has been beaten to death, even by the devs.