oscarhjerne

SKS Attachments

I think you should be able to use the same attachments on an SKS that you can use on an Mosin. I would really like to have a long ranged scope and a bipod on my SKS instead of just the PU scope and a bayonet.

They removed the ability to use the LRS in the latest patch. Not sure if I agree or not since I haven't actually used the sks

no thankyou. 

the sks has an effective range of about 400 meters, at least in game, and an long range scope and bipod would make it something it's not ie - a DMR.

• Like 3

the sks has an effective range of about 400 meters, at least in game, and an long range scope and bipod would make it something it's not ie - a DMR.

Exactly, the SKS is a battle rifle. A scope like that will do two things: 1) it will remove its intended role and 2) IF YOU BUBBA THAT FUCKING SKS I WILL SLAP YOUR SHIT DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PERFECTLY GOOD SKS'S ARE RUINED BY REDNECKS AND TACTICOOL FAGGOTS. NO I BET YOU DONT. IT'S THE REASON THESE ONCE $99 RIFLES(I'm not exaggerating) NOW COST $500! TACTICOOL SKS'S WILL BE A KOS FOR ME, AND I DONT EVEN KOS.

And that is the rant of a gun enthusiast like me. Good day sir.

• Like 2

LRS was removed due to the fact IRL, you wouldn't be able to properly load the rifle with such a cumbersome scope hanging over the receiver.

• Like 2

LRS was removed due to the fact IRL, you wouldn't be able to properly load the rifle with such a cumbersome scope hanging over the receiver.

A friend of mine has two Romanian SKS rifles. He's modified one to be a sniper platform...Modified...Heavily...Custom cuts and fittings for the receiver to mount the scope. Which is still a Soviet PSO-1 scope.

The weapon cannot be loaded with a stripper clip but can easily be individually loaded per round. And he's currently in the process of doing AK magazine fitting customization to make it so he can use a 20 round mag with the rifle. A longer magazine would make the bipod no longer functional when laying prone.

It can be done, it just takes some machining to make this possible.

On the flip side I agree it shouldn't have a long range scope...

Edited by DaedalRogue
  • Like 1

I would like to see some basic accessories for the SKS (30rnd mag/ 75rnd drum/ combat scope) These are all common to the armies that use SKS rifles. :beans:

• Like 2

I would like to see some basic accessories for the SKS (30rnd mag/ 75rnd drum/ combat scope) These are all common to the armies that use SKS rifles. :beans:

what have you been smoking. SKS is out of service, ceremonial use only. Dont ruin the gun. Who puts a clip larger than 20 rounds on a semi automatic gun anyway? especially 75 rounds, thats insane and unrealistic.

• Like 1

no thankyou. 

so real life sks with scopes is crap? This is a survival game - and guns are huge part of it. There is no logical reason why wouldn't you have an option to fit long range scope on sks.  If mount points allow it - it should be even fitable on m4. 

so real life sks with scopes is crap? This is a survival game - and guns are huge part of it. There is no logical reason why wouldn't you have an option to fit long range scope on sks.  If mount points allow it - it should be even fitable on m4. 

If thats the case, depending on the factory version of the SKS you recieve it'll only have the muzzle loaded grenade launcher, and Bayonet attachments.

Because soviet weapons during that era didn't have modern attachpoints for equipment, not in the terms you're refering to today.

It'd require some pretty good customization and machine work into the receiver to create those attachpoints and if done incorrectly you'll need additional custom fittings to make sure the scope can be calibrated correctly to be accurate. Now this is for any scope you look to add to the weapon. Long range or otherwise.

It'd require some pretty good customization and machine work into the receiver to create those attachpoints and if done incorrectly you'll need additional custom fittings to make sure the scope can be calibrated correctly to be accurate. Now this is for any scope you look to add to the weapon. Long range or otherwise.

attachment weaver rails have been available forever

but you make an EXCELLENT point, perhaps the greatest balance to using non standard optics is that you have to zero them to the rifle your using. i'd find this to be a welcome addition to the realism of the game

what have you been smoking. SKS is out of service, ceremonial use only. Dont ruin the gun. Who puts a clip larger than 20 rounds on a semi automatic gun anyway? especially 75 rounds, thats insane and unrealistic.

What have you been smoking! (crack obviously) SKS can take all kinds of attachments, are still being made and is widely available. Who cares if it's out of service! Just go online to see all the latest models/attachments. Your words about 20rnd clips on semi automatics is retarded. The M4 can take a dual 30rnd = 60rnd and it's semi/full auto... As for the SKS compatible 75rnd drum, tell it to the Russian army who created it! But you're right, a weakling like yourself probably couldn't handle it... :rolleyes:

LRS and bipod for the Blaze!

:D

(Or at least bipod)

Edited by irishroy

LRS and bipod for the Blaze!

:D

(Or at least bipod)

Hush, or you'll start them off again...  ;)

SKS isnt the best rifle to use with LRS and a bipod, it wasnt designed to be a sniper rifle.

If you want realism like I do, then the long range scope doesn't match the mounts on the Mosin or SKS, so we would only have PU scope and bayonet.

No ugly bipods/ giant scopes.

And the long range scope at the moment would only fit on the M4.

Maybe we could get a weaver rail attachment for the SKS and Mosin, in which case you could add long range scope.

If you want realism like I do, then the long range scope doesn't match the mounts on the Mosin or SKS, so we would only have PU scope and bayonet.

Maybe we could get a weaver rail attachment for the SKS and Mosin, in which case you could add long range scope.

I'd also say that the LRS is more suited as an attachment for the B95 as that features mounting grooves for most modern long range scopes.

I wouldn't say that the SKS shouldnt have anymore attachments I just think they don't need anymore optical attachments as the PU scope is fine.

I would say that it IS possible to get an SKS with a FIXED 20 round magazine (which takes two stripper clips to reload) and a special SKS type 30 round AKM magazine which can be removed. Now I don't know how well they'd work with surplus Russian SKS weapons as these two attachments are normally used on the Chinese copy of the SKS.

Additionally another attachment I could see working, is a stripper clip pouch for mounting on the stock of the weapon, such as this one:

Romanian%20SKS%20Pouch.JPG

It could potentially hold 4 Stripper clips of ammunition or 4 slots for ammunition only and have it immediatly attached to the weapon to allow saving valuable inventory space AND allow for quick reloading on the fly (without having to find the bullets in your inventory)

• Like 1

PU scope would be more than enough if it had real zoom of 3.5x, and not 1.5 like in game. SKS has beter range and accuracy than AKM of same caliber, but not close to Mosin that uses more poverfull round...

First off, I would like to see the bayonet retractable.

8727436-wts-collector-s-fancy-yugo-59-65

Second I would like to make use of the launcher that the model in DayZ uses.

hqdefault.jpgm1a2gren.jpg

Once grenades get added, we could sometimes find these, and on a more

rare occasion one with a grenade attached to it.

m1a2_grenade_adapter_markings_2.jpg

Or these: (I realize that this is an AKM in the picture but it uses the same launcher...I think.)

riflegrenadeYugoAKM-Spigot.jpg

They could also add the extended mag:

MG438.jpg

closeup.png

Then there's scopes and mounts:

1%20SKS%20SCP%20MNT%20CMBO%20TRI%20RAIL%

6484-skstrirailscopemountbase-s2.jpg

MNT_642B_APP_1.jpg1169495_02_sks_scope_mount_and_cover_new

LEM640T5.jpgLEM640TR.jpg1004624_AC10882_A_400.jpgjgnqsm.jpg

645388_01_sks_yugo_59_66_with_scope_640.

Um...ok!

scout_scope_m.jpg

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83