Sign in to follow this  
yardpro

Talk about priorities...

You guys are being really mean.

You are hijacking the OPs discussion thread about the Order in which things were done.

Sidetracked by whether it is server or client problem.

THIS

THIS SO FRIGGIN BAD I WANNA SCREAM

Edit No tuna for my man skyline...nothing but PRISTINE SPAGHETTI!

Edited by yardpro

You guys are being really mean.

You are hijacking the OPs discussion thread about the Order in which things were done.

Sidetracked by whether it is server or client problem.

I already replied with a post about the priority/order in which the team is approaching development, but I think yardpro's issue is probably partly or entirely client-side.

• Like 1

I already replied with a post about the priority/order in which the team is approaching development, but I think yardpro's issue is probably partly or entirely client-side.

LOL

K

...just for shnitz n giggles...what do you base your theory on?

If you have addressed the issue and expressed the view then thanks. please stop arguing over a side issue.

Edited by Skyline-GTR

LOL

K

...just for shnitz n giggles...what do you base your theory on?

I already told you, that I haven't seen your issue come up a lot on this board. Most of the servers are run by a small group of hosts, e.g. the European/UK ones seem to be run by hosts like Vilayer and Gamingdeluxe. If this were a widespread, fundamental problem with the server software then I would think we'd be barraged with threads about people being unable to connect for 90 minutes, as we do when there's a actually a widespread issue or when the Steam servers are down.

I never denied the servers have issues, I just haven't seen people complaining about the one you have. That's why I think you'd get more joy in Troubleshooting.

If you have addressed the issue and expressed the view then thanks. please stop arguing over a side issue.

I'm trying to direct him to a more helpful forum but getting I'm pretty convinced he's just here to gripe and not seek actual help.
Edited by DarkwaveDomina

Ill make one comment on this. I have no issues with servers being unstable. I stick to gamerserver.com, MPGS and vilaryer servers only and have never been dc'd and only very rarely get small lag spikes. I would say i have decent internet but its not fiber optic or anything. That is all.

I already told you, that I haven't seen your issue come up a lot on this board. Most of the servers are run by a small group of hosts, e.g. the European/UK ones seem to be run by hosts like Vilayer and Gamingdeluxe. If this were a widespread, fundamental problem with the server software then I would think we'd be barraged with threads about people being unable to connect for 90 minutes, as we do when there's a actually a widespread issue or when the Steam servers are down.

I never denied the servers have issues, I just haven't seen people complaining about the one you have. That's why I think you'd get more joy in Troubleshooting.

I'm trying to direct him to a more helpful forum but getting I'm pretty convinced he's just here to gripe and not seek actual help.

I VERY CLEARLY SAID

I log on and get booted after 15 minutes or get bad lag so I can't even draw my weapon.

So I relog. And that was fine and fixed the problem but now I get punished for relogging

I never said I couldn't log on for 90 minutes.

I am not here just to gripe.

I thought you were sincere but now I see you are either drunk, incompetent, or nuts.

Please move along to another thread thank you.

Edited by yardpro

Ill make one comment on this. I have no issues with servers being unstable. I stick to gamerserver.com, MPGS and vilaryer servers only and have never been dc'd and only very rarely get small lag spikes. I would say i have decent internet but its not fiber optic or anything. That is all.

Thank you I will try that.

I log on and get booted after 15 minutes or get bad lag so I can't even draw my weapon.

So I relog. And that was fine and fixed the problem but now I get punished for relogging

I thought you were sincere but now I see you are either drunk, incompetent, or nuts.

I know what your issue is and I said I don't see many people complaining about it like they tend to do when the servers are having widespread problems, your issues sound like client-side issues. Whenever I have been disconnected from the server end I have not had a relog timer, maybe I have been lucky but the worst I have had is the plain "Wait for host..." screen and that's usually at server restart or rare cases when the game is misbehaving and I have to reconnect (which gets me back in).

I am sincere, I think Troubleshooting would be much more helpful than this forum.

Another winner that can't read...no... I played WoW and GW2...from the looks of the intelligence level here I think I might be better off with the 12 year olds in Azeroth.

Maybe I misread what you had wrote...so you didn't stare at the computer screen for an hour and a half? But.....that's what you said you did.

The funny thing is I accidentally posted the Ps4 vid when I meant to post Deniro, but the more I watch this one, the more it is equally funny and fits this little situation we got ourselves.

I spent 20 minutes playing today...and no joke...AN HOUR AND A HALF staring at the "wait" screen. How silly of me, I thought you were being literal. Speaking of intelligence, your post was devoid of it. Stick with WoW kitten, you won't find any sympathy here.

Another winner that can't read...no... I played WoW and GW2...from the looks of the intelligence level here I think I might be better off with the 12 year olds in Azeroth.

Maybe I misread what you had wrote...so you didn't stare at the computer screen for an hour and a half? But.....that's what you said you did.

The funny thing is I accidentally posted the Ps4 vid when I meant to post Deniro, but the more I watch this one, the more it is equally funny and fits this little situation we got ourselves.

I spent 20 minutes playing today...and no joke...AN HOUR AND A HALF staring at the "wait" screen. How silly of me, I thought you were being literal. Speaking of intelligence, your post was devoid of it. Stick with WoW kitten, you won't find any sympathy here.

If you said something different, by all means, post it so I can find my mistake and correct it...

If you said something different, by all means, post it so I can find my mistake and correct it...

yeah but then I repeated ad nauseam in 15 different posts...that it was an hour and a half broken up into 15 minute burst...log on...log out...stare at the screen...

like I said before...you didn't read. You assumed then you made an ass out of you. You don't come in as a dick and then try to be fair...piss off.

edit...memes and gifs and vids are weak. use your words.

Edited by yardpro

There is clearly a reasonable discussion about priorities here, Server stability vs Disconnection penalties.

Really if you have nothing constructive to say then please.

There is no need to question the validity of one specific case or the way in which the OP was written,

There is clearly a reasonable discussion about priorities here, Server stability vs Disconnection penalties.

Really if you have nothing constructive to say then please.

There is no need to question the validity of one specific case or the way in which the OP was written,Meh...

Meh...got another string of bad loggins again...I'm done...$30 PoS game...Elder scrolls comes out soon and this will all be moot.

Thanks again Skyline for being fair.

• Like 1

As i said earlier, server stability seems fine to me. Server stability is a long ongoing process. Combat logging/Server Hopping/Ghosting were having a large negative effect of gameplay, so the developers released a method for us to test to fight this. In my opinion the system works well. Further, the servers are not owned or operated by Bohemia, meaning they can only work on server stability from a software standpoint. This can be difficult due to difference in server hardware. Some servers are gonna be great, others are going to suck, so at what point do you decide to stop working on optimization? They only have so many resources and right now most of those are devoted to fixing direct bugs in the game, and adding new content and systems to test.

Should they continue to optimize servers? Yes.

Is it going to happen quickly? No.

Should they prioritize the optimization? They are.

Meh...got another string of bad loggins again...I'm done...$30 PoS game...Elder scrolls comes out soon and this will all be moot.

Thanks again Skyline for being fair.

Sorry that you feel that way, but you were warned before you paid for an alpha.

Truth be told, whether it's client side or server side, I think the priorities are dead on with implementing this system. The timer is very small price to pay for a temporary fix to a very HUGE problem. Connection problems do exist, and maybe those problems are worse for others. Still, they could fix the servers for years and still always have problems. No game is immune to connection problems.

Here's my opinion on the whole thing:

Consider loot as currency in this game. People accumulate it like wealth, and the inflation rate is through the roof. It's nothing to just go get geared. Take into account loot doesn't respawn and servers reset to respawn said loot, it makes it even EASIER! Also take into account there were no penalties for just logging out and going into another server at the same juicy loot spot to keep grinding, ad infinitum.

The abundance of loot and the ease of which to get it only lessens the value of life in-game. Making EVERYONE not care if they get killed or not. It also had bad players logging out in combat situations without penalty and server hopping for loot as much as they wanted.

Yes, I hear the OP, but I feel these issues are much bigger than a 300 second timer for getting disconnected, be it server or client. Much much bigger. The last thing any game devs need is an over-inflated market, or people breaking the game by combat logging. If this lessens it, which it has significantly, then I am all for it.

Edited by Esolu
  • Like 4

yeah but then I repeated ad nauseam in 15 different posts...that it was an hour and a half broken up into 15 minute burst...log on...log out...stare at the screen...

like I said before...you didn't read. You assumed then you made an ass out of you. You don't come in as a dick and then try to be fair...piss off.

edit...memes and gifs and vids are weak. use your words.

I've been playing DayZ for about 3 hours now while you are still bitchin' on these forums. I was in no way dropping down to your level in my last post or trying in any way to be fair, humble, or forgiving. My assumption was correct in that you made me laugh my ass off over some petty bullshit you are experiencing. I was being sarcastic, something I would think an intelligent man like yourself would get. You lost this bitch session with your original post. Now it's like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Let me write it out in crayon for you this time without any sarcasm. I like memes, gifs and vids. They are not weak, they are very humorous and enlightening. I am using my words. You are a certified dipshit. I am going to play DayZ now. Have fun pissing and moaning some more, be sure not to beat up the Mrs. because nobody agrees with you. I bet you toss and turn all night because of these priorities. Thanks for the laughs kitten...

Edited by orlok
dont insult other members.
  • Like 2

Again, I've been playing MMO's since dialup...this is not new...step one deny there's a problem and funnel/lock all complaints but leave one or two so people can't say you're silencing anyone.

Plus there's the banning of the 90% of the complaints that ask for refunds and or swear and cuss etc.

That way any potential clients reading up on the forums to see what players are actually saying about the game before you buy it don't see the bad stuff.

Meanwhile the devs take care of the problem and never have to admit there was a problem in the first place.

Or haven't you noticed that every company uses phrases like "I'm sorry you are having difficulties" they will NEVER say "sorry we effed up".

One of the threads that got locked this morning was mine with over 20 replies....none by me.

That's why this is a brand new account.

Anyway...just thought I would do my part to get the word out...maybe some kid ready to spend 30 bucks has second thoughts before parting with his leaf raking money.

See...some people...like kids in my neighborhood...actually work for their money and don't just scan a credit card.

So while all the cute folks with 300+ posts get to sit here all day chatting...some people got be outside working (cept when its 30F outside thank gawd)

And then they spend it on a game that doesn't work.

So I did my part to prevent anyone else from getting a bad deal..

Right so your account got banned and now you have made a new one??

'One of the threads that got locked this morning was mine with over 20 replies....none by me.

That's why this is a brand new account.'

So you had to make a new account because your thread got locked, that does not make much sense??

Anyone who has been playing the mod for the last year or two will be completely open to these anti combat logging measures, and agree they needed to be implemented ASAP. Combat loggers are fucking everywhere and make you feel completely cheated after you finally come out on top after a 45 minute firefight just to have the jackass(es) disappear in front of your very eyes. This is probably the reason all the new guys like the OP are getting completely shunned by most(if not all) of the players who have been dealing with combat logging and server hopping for years now. I understand it's very frustrating for both sides seeing as how the servers could definitely be in better shape, but maybe it's time for you OP to take a break from SA until such issues are resolved? No one is forcing you to play the Alpha in its current state. I suggest trying out the mod for a while or a different genre entirely and coming back in a month or two to see how things are doing then.

You certainly act like one!

Instead of trying to seek help for your problem, take advice, or answer questions that might lead you to a solution you choose to wallow in your tantrum.

Not that I'm taking a side here but Knocc's reply could easily have been interpreted as an insult by OP - OP in turn pointed out that if Knocc had read the full post he wouldn't have posted the same reply.

He's seeking help, not insults and his intention not throwing a temper tantrum. Maybe you should do a little re-reading before you post anything.

Hello there

We have some possible Ban evasion and alt accounts happening here.

You may encounter other "interesting" users in thread. If you do please report.

We are looking into this now.

Lastly, no matter how irritating a poster can be, please dont insult them. Hit the report button if theve broken rules and ignore them.

No need for insults.

Rgds

LoK