Sign in to follow this  
Phineas

Last night had stuff, this morning new spawn. What?

Last night I was reasonably equipped and finally getting to the NE airfield.  With the hangars barely in sight, I went prone and logged out.  This morning, I fired up DayZ and my character had nothing in the preview, and when I logged into a server I was a new spawn with a flashlight.

So what the heck happened?  Did I sit up when I logged out and got sniped?  I cannot even tell.  No zombies nearby, on solid ground, not sick or anything.  I had a partial map and a splitting axe, food and drinks, a defrib unit, no gun though, and it took days to get near the hangars.  The spawn tables are very stingy now so just getting enough food to leave a city is a challenge, and after some 20 hours I did not find one gun but a few cleaning kits and ammo. I'm kind of frustrated.

You got shot probably, i feel you bro, try log out safely..

Yes.  :thumbsup:

Thanks.  I needed some closure.

Also, playing as a girl and not wearing pants is apparently no defense.  When can we remove our undies?

This never happened to me since I got the stand alone when it came out. It happened to my friend and others. Basically just be careful when joining a server, check the server provider as different hives hold different information.

I play on Vilayer servers for my regular hive character and I have an hardcore character on a private server. (still, the public hardcore hive)

You might've died too since the 30sec logout has been implemented.

Last night I was reasonably equipped and finally getting to the NE airfield.  With the hangars barely in sight, I went prone and logged out.  This morning, I fired up DayZ and my character had nothing in the preview, and when I logged into a server I was a new spawn with a flashlight.

So what the heck happened?  Did I sit up when I logged out and got sniped?  I cannot even tell.  No zombies nearby, on solid ground, not sick or anything.  I had a partial map and a splitting axe, food and drinks, a defrib unit, no gun though, and it took days to get near the hangars.  The spawn tables are very stingy now so just getting enough food to leave a city is a challenge, and after some 20 hours I did not find one gun but a few cleaning kits and ammo. I'm kind of frustrated.

How to get gear "fast":

Join low pop server, run to a town, get food. Run to military base, get weapon. Time taken, less than 2 hours.

Join low pop server, run to elektro, go into firestation grab an axe. Join high pop server, listen for gunshot, run to shooter and kill him, take all his gear. Time taken, less than 30 minutes.

Also, playing as a girl and not wearing pants is apparently no defense.  When can we remove our undies?

The misogyny is strong with this one.

Actually that is sexist on two levels. One that women need to be naked to have value and second that men are brainless idiots led by their penis even when the female is pixels.

The misogyny is strong with this one.

Actually that is sexist on two levels. One that women need to be naked to have value and second that men are brainless idiots led by their penis even when the female is pixels.

Not at all.  I respect and love women.  That I expected a similar response apparently cost my life.  I have killed no one in the SA, but encountered a few other players.  Killed twice, hello once.  Killing players in DayZ seems so boring to me. I get the medic clan, and think I may join them.  The paucity of spawns and the tenacity of the zeds are supposed to prompt us to cooperation.  Sadly, there is a derth of brotherhood, and therein lies my angst.  Nevertheless I will fight the good fight and assist. People invest emotions in this game, I see. Well, I have my reasons, and each one was vetted, and each one is just.

So what the heck happened?  Did I sit up when I logged out and got sniped? 

Most likely. Never log out when in sight of an airfield.

That or you accidentally joined a hardcore server (I sense you play regular).