Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

Goodbye KoS = Crafting: Cannot chamber/load magazine with ruined ammunition

How does this change anything?

Aim for the head, or rob them then kill them.

LOL Most of the KoSers/Bandits have bad aim. Although unless you use the Mosin like me, it's no problem. :P

LOL Most of the KoSers/Bandits have bad aim. Although unless you use the Mosin like me, it's no problem. :P

Bandits don't, KOSers do.

Amazing signature picture by the way.

• Like 1

How does this change anything?

Aim for the head, or rob them then kill them.

Bandit is a broader term. KoS is a subgroup of bandit which well ... KoS people only without holding them up.

With the next patch, you won't get any items if you decide to KoS. All items(food, ammo, clothings, etc) will be unusable.

KoS will go down and people will hold strangers meaning more funny player interaction scenarios. I don't mind KoS but I always welcome more interactions.

• Like 1

Bandits don't, KOSers do.

Amazing signature picture by the way.

Ohhh stahp it! ;)

mmm yeah i feel this thread needs a definition between KoS'er and Bandit real quick.

Both might kill you, sure. However, a standard "bandit" is a player on the "dark side" of things who plays within the ideology of DayZ. They engage their target in a game-friendly manner. Notice I said game-friendly... doesn't mean they'll be nice at all. This may mean point blank robbing them, whether they kill afterward or not is really of no consequence, or if they know they're going to kill they may stalk their target first without saying or engaging the player directly at all. It is up to the player being stalked to recognize this.

A KoS'er is either a scared player, or a person looking to play a shooter. They are killing people to protect their own ass in lieu of everyone having a good time by the design of the game.

It's all this same mentality with KoS'ers, exploiters, hackers, glitchers, or whatever they're called this year in this game. Their enjoyment of the game is, at any cost, vastly more important than everyone's shared enjoyment of the game.

What they don't realize is, if you find a lobby/server in a game where everyone is playing "properly," whether they're working against eachother or with eachother, or some combination of the two, everyone in the game has exponentially more fun. 

• Like 3

Now the only reason you would KoS is to be sadistic/kill someone for no apparent reason.

No apparent reason is still a good enough reason for a lot of people.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

Bandit is a broader term. KoS is a subgroup of bandit which well ... KoS people only without holding them up.

With the next patch, you won't get any items if you decide to KoS. All items(food, ammo, clothings, etc) will be unusable.

KoS will go down and people will hold strangers meaning more funny player interaction scenarios. I don't mind KoS but I always welcome more interactions.

Can you provide a link to this information, and clarify whether it means all items will be destroyed or if they will be destroyed relative to damage done to them. It would be wrong for them to make the game so that if you land a perfect headshot on a person you ruin anything more than their headgear. The soda in their backpack would obviously be shaken, but unharmed.

Now wouldn't a shaken soda mechanic be awesome!? If the soda's status is "shaken" and you try to drink it, it instead sprays all over you and you waste the soda.

Can you provide a link to this information, and clarify whether it means all items will be destroyed or if they will be destroyed relative to damage done to them. It would be wrong for them to make the game so that if you land a perfect headshot on a person you ruin anything more than their headgear. The soda in their backpack would obviously be shaken, but unharmed.

Now wouldn't a shaken soda mechanic be awesome!? If the soda's status is "shaken" and you try to drink it, it instead sprays all over you and you waste the soda.

I am not going to go through all the patch topics for you so I'll explain it for you. Currently, if you shoot someone it almost always ruins the things that one is wearing[shirts, pants, jacket, backpack, main gun, etc]. If it is ruined[shirt for example], all the items stored under that particular item is ruined. Currently, ruined food, canteens, magazines, medical supplies and equipment, is unusable. The only thing that could be of use when ruined is the ammo and portable boxes/cases. With next patch ruined ammo will not be usable. 

This is alpha so they may rework the system for this with hit detection like they had done for the health status. All we can do is wait. It's already pretty awesome as is in my opinion.

Edited by CrazyandLazy

before the patch.. if you had ammo that was ruined you could split it and the split ammo would be 50/50 ruined/pristine, you could keep doing this till there was one bullet left and the rest were pristine. havent had a chance to test this out on the new patch.. maybe someone else can. cheers

put ruined ammo in pristine magazine and then empty it and u got pristine ammo ....

I don't think i agree with the whole "everything" broken, it should be based on hitboxs, would be more entertaining to avoid hitting someones backpack if i want stuff in the backpack, or there jacket if they have a jacket i want, ect.

• Like 1

before the patch.. if you had ammo that was ruined you could split it and the split ammo would be 50/50 ruined/pristine, you could keep doing this till there was one bullet left and the rest were pristine. havent had a chance to test this out on the new patch.. maybe someone else can. cheers

I tried this last night, still works. I got a ton of m4 ammo from a fallen friends ammo box

still its playstayle and you need to be carefull, noone to trust this days... specialy full TsKo guys on airfields   :rolleyes:

It would be fun to hold someone up, make them take off their backpack, smash the backpack up with an axe, then leave them.

• Like 1

Its going to be an awesome patch, I mean its way more fun to hold up people than to just shoot/kill on sight.

I was looting in Vybor and stumbled across someone so I said 'Friendly, Friendly!!! I'm leaving now." Well I ran out and a couple seconds later shots rang out and my screen turned reddish. I didn't fall over or die so I kept running until I hit tree line (he was still shooting but missing.) I hid behind a treenand shouldered my Mosin. Found the guy and killed him and another showed up and started shooting as well so I killed him.

Went to loot their bodies and everything was ruined.... about 80%-90% of my gear was ruined from taking shot shell in my back pack. (This was before the update) I spent 2-3 hours replacing all my gear before the update went stable. So yeah it should cut down on KOS with people who want other peoples gear.

Edited by mick17
  • Like 1

i got in a gunfight last night. shot a guy with a mosin right after he shot me with a shotgun. he broke my leg with the hit and i couldnt stand. i killed him when i was unable to stand.

since he shot me in the leg, everything in my pants was ruined. everything else was fine.

since i shot him in the chest, everything on his chest pockets was ruined. everything else was fine.

i ended up with a ton of food, bandages and ammo.

banditry to continue!

Edited by DirtyscumbagLith
  • Like 2

banditry to continue!

dude do you know whether the patch note is true for the broken leg? did it stay with you after disconnect/reconnect? It's pretty cool now that you can break people 's legs by shooting at them.

It's all this same mentality with KoS'ers, exploiters, hackers, glitchers, or whatever they're called this year in this game. Their enjoyment of the game is, at any cost, vastly more important than everyone's shared enjoyment of the game.

What they don't realize is, if you find a lobby/server in a game where everyone is playing "properly," whether they're working against eachother or with eachother, or some combination of the two, everyone in the game has exponentially more fun. 

You seem to not know the history of DayZ.

It wasn't meant to be a 'fun' game, but more of a tool to show people what attempting to live through a desperate situation is like.  I suggest some of you go back and read what the creator had to say about this.

mmm yeah i feel this thread needs a definition between KoS'er and Bandit real quick.

Both might kill you, sure. However, a standard "bandit" is a player on the "dark side" of things who plays within the ideology of DayZ. They engage their target in a game-friendly manner. Notice I said game-friendly... doesn't mean they'll be nice at all. This may mean point blank robbing them, whether they kill afterward or not is really of no consequence, or if they know they're going to kill they may stalk their target first without saying or engaging the player directly at all. It is up to the player being stalked to recognize this.

A KoS'er is either a scared player, or a person looking to play a shooter. They are killing people to protect their own ass in lieu of everyone having a good time by the design of the game.

I'm glad you have taken upon your vast shoulders, the role of arbiter for the community in deciding what gameplay style is "proper". I have been running and looting, aimlessly wandering without a clue as to how to play this game "right", but now you have defined it and become my Messiah.

I dont want your gear. I have my own or know where to find it.

I want you to respawn by Berezino, and know that you just got rolled.

My enjoyment of the game comes from playing how I want to play, not how YOU think the game "idealogy" dictates what is right or wrong for gameplay styles. If I rob you its because I'm bored, not because 'thats the way rocket wants me to play'. Going out on a limb here, but my guess is that rocket doesnt give 2 fucks for how you or I decide to approach our gameplay- the open world sandbox design is indicative of that, a lot more than anything in game is indicative of your perceived 'game idealogy'. Sorry pal, but I am not changing up my playstyle just so you can have exponentially more fun. I kill on sight because thats what WE want to do, and thats what gives US exponentially more fun. And if it gets you butthurt in the process, THAT makes it exponentially more fun for me and my crew, so please continue whining about us when we rape you with no apparent rhyme nor reason- remember, you'll be making the game exponentially more fun for us.

dude do you know whether the patch note is true for the broken leg? did it stay with you after disconnect/reconnect? It's pretty cool now that you can break people 's legs by shooting at them.

I didnt try to disconnect. I accepted my fate and crawled to a Zed and everything went white.

• Like 1