Sign in to follow this  
NickderSchlitzer

Abandoned Olympics

Now the Winter-Olympics are coming, I searched a little bit through the World-Wide-Web and found some abandoned places which pretty much fit in the DayZ-Map.

2472f409faf361754106cce54cd4d469_image_d

5d79339a7d5a26f3f05d1415f5693891.jpg

b78047040ad602f00c270ed5b4b808fb_image_d

755d78a4b9a386ca560947c1c94148a3_image_d

9cfe0fa6477e77c6fca260b5b04cd966_image_d

4bf0a6430365b7cea2903654940b99b2.jpg

I would really like to see something like that in the game. Maybe in a year from now ;)

• Like 25

i think the last pic is from germany, olympics under hitler.

Nvm, cool idea,

Damn these leakers, OlympicZ is the name of the first official Addon to DayZ, featuring all new disciplines like Zombie-head-tossing, jumping over a hole filled with hungry Zombies and last but definitely not least the popular Zombiathlon!

Edited by blackest
  • Like 3

Yep. If you travelled to the the open stadium in the north wastes you'll see there is immense space there. Actually zones are marked for future structures already, simple tarmac squares and structure position plans all around that area.

Lol i was just about to post the very same thing. :)

The german magazine DER SPIEGEL featured an article about it today. Here is the Link, for those speaking german, it's actually a pretty interesting read and has some more pictures with it. ;)

I think it would be a great addition to the now somewhat empty far north. Maybe an abandoned winter-sports area, with ski lifts, big abandoned hotel towers, restaurants and stuff! Would be an amazing area to explore!

Edited by schadowhunter

I would love to see the indoor pool in the map. It's something people of all ages enjoy and would have such a strange but cool atmosphere when looking so abandoned with the people gathering up in there.

I'm all up for more unique locations in the map.

It would be really, really cool if there was an indoor pool in one of the bigger cities.

There is also one in Prypiat city inside the chernobyl evacuation zone, it was already used in several other computer games including Call of Duty and STALKER.

04_big.jpg

_67155588_9swimmingpool.jpg

I like this idea.  We need more map degradation.  The towns need to be more run down and have blood/other atmospheric stuff in them because right now most of the towns look to perfect.

Id be so fucking down to battle in these places! Snipe from the top of the slopes and shit lol

And that last pic looks like Pripryat Ukraine. (if you played Call of Duty 4 you'll know exactly what I mean)

I know this is just an alpha but i find the lack of unique buildings a little sad. It would be great to have a few places that are not duplicated anywhere else on the map. The idea of an abandoned Olympic Village is also a really cool idea. You can easily find pictures from the onlympics in China in 2008 and athens in 2004 and these places look like they are straight out of Dayz SA.

Ummm... add a map after release (so like 2-3 years not rushing the devs!)  that is an abandoned Sochi?  Anyone?  Abandoned Sochi Russia?  You know you want it! :beans:

I know this is just an alpha but i find the lack of unique buildings a little sad. It would be great to have a few places that are not duplicated anywhere else on the map. The idea of an abandoned Olympic Village is also a really cool idea. You can easily find pictures from the onlympics in China in 2008 and athens in 2004 and these places look like they are straight out of Dayz SA.

Had the same idea today. :P Every village should have a least 1 building you can find nowhere else! Would make them much more unique. Could also help people communicating where they are/ help new players. "The town with the car dump and the ancient windmill (do they have windmills there?)" can be recognized much easier than the name Staroye. The fact that the signs are Cyrillic makes unique villages and towns even more important.

God that would be awesome to see an Olympic village like this, maybe some of the athletes were turned into zombies, making a whole new breed of hurdling & sprinting zombies.