aeoliana

I have never had so much fun

Staring at a black screen watching numbers count down because I'd rather spend 5 minutes doing nothing than spend 20 running to another town with fewer and worse quality spawns.

So you suggest setting the anti-server-hop timer to...dunno...30 minutes? :)

Edit: And if you never had so much fun, I'm really worried about you.

Edit2: Poor little troll. Here have some badly damged low hiking boots (yellow). Now go outside and play. :)

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 10

Staring at a black screen watching numbers count down because I'd rather spend 5 minutes doing nothing than spend 20 running to another town with fewer and worse quality spawns.

c0806a07049e9a7419091bb366643680a2cc5820

People play the game different ways, by adding the hop timers they've increased the time it takes the players that want to gear up and fight to be able to achieve that experience. They're stifling the game by introducing these artificial constructs meant to force players to follow a specific 'vision' for the game. Metagaming happens no matter what you do to prevent it, you don't need introduce a feature that negatively impacts every single person that plays the game to try and mitigate it.

I repeat:

Poor little troll. Here have some badly damged low hiking boots (yellow). Now go outside and play. :)

Edited by LaughingJack

The op has a point that has been bothering me about the timer, sure it will slow hoppers down, but in no way will it stop them, why the hell wouldn't they eat the timer? The alternative is to spend 30 minutes to an hour running to another loot spot with equal or lesser spawns, sure for most of us the looting on the way the tension and the potential fights make it worth it, but to them? All they want is to gear up as fast as possible, so they will invariably eat the timer.

Best way to stop them is to pick an 0-4/40 server, go to an airfield, close all the doors and get yourself a good sniper perch, kill them loot bags dead! If enough people did this server hopping would still be around, but they would be stuck with just the inside of one building or lower profile and less rewarding hop points.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1

you don't need introduce a feature that negatively impacts every single person that plays the game to try and mitigate it.

Well I have to disagree it has not "negatively impacted" my game play at all. In fact it has enhanced it but everyone has their own style of playing this game and their own "personal requirements" to enjoy the game.

Sorry you find the timer impacting your loot hunt........

• Like 1

I did not try logging in after this patch. But during server selection before starting actual playing, I have to hop few servers to find a decent/good connection. Will timer still kick in?

Will I have to play on a server which i joined and lags like hell for 5 mins to try another one? 

I did not try logging in after this patch. But during server selection before starting actual playing, I have to hop few servers to find a decent/good connection. Will timer still kick in?

Will I have to play on a server which i joined and lags like hell for 5 mins to try another one? 

Yes, I don't even server hop much. Just until I can actually find an elektro that hasn't been looted. But trying to find a server you and your friends can all get good connections to is almost impossible to do quickly.

no you will be able to log out, but your character will sit on that server for 20 seconds after log out, and it will be 5 minutes before you cna join another, best bet is to find servers you can play on and add them to favorites so you can find them next time without having to wait out the timer.

Well I have to disagree it has not "negatively impacted" my game play at all. In fact it has enhanced it but everyone has their own style of playing this game and their own "personal requirements" to enjoy the game.

Sorry you find the timer impacting your loot hunt........

Whenever gameplay includes how you navigate the server list and main game menus, you're not talking about gameplay.

• Like 1

I'm glad that you are glad.

I'm glad that you finally have some fun in your life.

I'm glad that your PC doesn't blow up at the end of the countdown.

I'm glad that most of the users here are smart enough to not discuss with a troll.

I'm glad that you are a troll because I like making fun out of bad trolls, and you Sir, are really bad at trolling.

So now we are all glad here and can continue to watch My little pony, stare at the login timer, kiss a girl, drink irish coffee or whatever makes someone happy.

Yes, I don't even server hop much. Just until I can actually find an elektro that hasn't been looted.

errrmmm.....ye...well...uhm...really...

In my humble opinion, changing server to find loot is cheap and pointless in this game, the possibility of finding a town completly empty is one of the strongest points in the survival hardcore gameplay, it pushes you to explore the map in the search of your precious beans, if you find another player it will push you to decide between teaming up in the search or killing him/her to loot their bodies. In short, server hopping = casual gameplay, ruining the experience that this game is aiming to offer. It's up to you how you play, but if you're going to keep on doing what you say, you're going to get bored of he game before release and you'll be still a noob.

Instead of just standing around and waiting, why don't you actually play the game?

Last night my guy was killed by 3 wankers who was seriously camping the same spot for 2 hours. Did I cry or start a forum post about it?

No, I respawned. Ran my ass off. From the coast to Novy and Stary Sobor. Found some gear. Then went to the military base east of Stary. Empty, Then I ran to Vobor. Found a magnum. Then to the NWAF. Empty. Did I start crying and changed server? No. Because that's the easy way out. I waited there, and after a while a dumbass fully geared guy came walking in like he owned the place. He didn't like the taste of my .357 rounds. I liked the taste of his tears, and his pristine M4. That's the way the game is. If you don't like it, maybe you should play another game?

• Like 1

You guys do realize it wasn't the best move to counter server hoppers when there is no form of respawn for loot aside from a restart. Having respawnable loot would of solved about half of the server hopping issues, the other being the ghosting. Until respawning loot happens people will server hop. 

• Like 1

You guys do realize it wasn't the best move to counter server hoppers when there is no form of respawn for loot aside from a restart. Having respawnable loot would of solved about half of the server hopping issues, the other being the ghosting. Until respawning loot happens people will server hop. 

Yeah, I get that people are going to server hop. But they shouldn't. And they shouldn't cry about the implemented features to stop them from server hopping.

Why can't they move to another base instead? It's not that hard. And if you move like a ninja, you probably wont get shot. And if you have some friends, your survival rate will be even higher.

Yeah, I get that people are going to server hop. But they shouldn't. And they shouldn't cry about the implemented features to stop them from server hopping.

Why can't they move to another base instead? It's not that hard. And if you move like a ninja, you probably wont get shot. And if you have some friends, your survival rate will be even higher.

But the same could be said about people who bitch about server hoppers. When you go into a server an nearly everything is looted wheres the fun in that? I've made long, boring trips from the northern airfield down to Balota, to a bunch of other places and all of them were looted, so how is it fair for me to just stay in the server and wait for a restart?

And numbers =/= survival rate. It's all about your play style. Relying on numbers to survive most of the times could be a crutch, someone fucks up, like shoots when they need to be silent, or makes a wrong step, anyone could be alerted to your area and safeties come off. 

People play the game different ways, by adding the hop timers they've increased the time it takes the players that want to gear up and fight to be able to achieve that experience. They're stifling the game by introducing these artificial constructs meant to force players to follow a specific 'vision' for the game. Metagaming happens no matter what you do to prevent it, you don't need introduce a feature that negatively impacts every single person that plays the game to try and mitigate it.

This looks suspiciously like politician speech. I'll translate.

Some people like to get guns and supplies really quickly, while avoid a key element of the game - searching for items. They've stopped me from easily being able to server hop so I can have a mosin and LR scope within thirty minutes, so I can shoot new spawns from a hill top and not have to move myself from my hill. Metagaming ruins games all the time, and I think DayZ should be no different, so don't introduce a tiny inconvenience that shouldn't effect my game experience if I play the game properly in an attempt to mitigate it.

• Like 3