Erikp3

A good use for pen and paper

So now that the pen and paper work together again I've finally thought of a good use for it. I'm going to use it to write a journal and keep the pages of it on me for as long as I can. That way if anyone does ever need to kill me they could see a bit of who I was or what I was doing. 

• Like 20

Not actually a bad idea. 

Good show old boy

90% of the guys who kill you are probably very young and don't give 2 shits about the pen and paper that you have on you but care more for that "Sweet" mosin ammo

• Like 5

90% of the guys who kill you are probably very young and don't give 2 shits about the pen and paper that you have on you but care more for that "Sweet" mosin ammo

Sad but true.
  • Like 1

What's your idea of very young? I haven't really gotten the impression the game is overrun with preteens teenagers and kids :/

edit: "preteens" sounds creepy 

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

Great idea, I hope 'Ruined' paper is still legible. Would be a real shame otherwise.

• Like 1

I do this already, bad thing is it takes space and most of the player won't even care for the paper on you and just get your shit

You guys should pre-write your death rages so we don't have to hear you scream them when you die!

Hilarious! I'm looking forward to the warning letters, like "Elektro is my turf brah, you enter and you die"

What they need to do is allow you to attach paper to a stick to make a sign. There's a distinct lack of communication across time in servers.

Edited by Old_Crow_Whiskey

Hilarious! I'm looking forward to the warning letters, like "Elektro is my turf brah, you enter and you die"

What they need to do is allow you to attach paper to a stick to make a sign. There's a distinct lack of communication across time in servers.

That would be great and so would being able to use spray paint to paint messages on walls, signs and roads. Until we get loot respawn implemented though everything will disappear every time the server restarts.

That would be great and so would being able to use spray paint to paint messages on walls, signs and roads. Until we get loot respawn implemented though everything will disappear every time the server restarts.

Spray painting walls and stuff was already talked about a lot but Dean is worried about the billion cocks and bad words everywhere, which is exactly what would happen within minutes of them implementing it with the quality of most players here already :p 

The other 10% make this game worth playing.

Im going to find a pen and piece of paper, and write this message:

TURN BACK NOW!

Then leave it in the middle of the road on the coast.

Then ill go down the road a ways and wait....

at least they wont be able to say they weren't warned...

Edited by Crazykage

What's your idea of very young? I haven't really gotten the impression the game is overrun with preteens teenagers and kids :/

edit: "preteens" sounds creepy 

I've actually met quite a few squeakers in the game and not everyone has a mic, so I'd imagine that there are a lot of them playing the game. They're definitely not the majority since this isn't CoD, but I'm sure there a plenty of "very young" people. I most likely wouldn't have the room in my inventory or the time to bother reading your journal if I kill you, especially if the server/area is highly populated.

I havent found paper yet, to try it out, but cant wait. Have been curious about it since day one.

I will deffo read anybody's notes. I already read books in game during downtimes, or when waiting for buddies.

Also, couple of my buddies are "squeakers" as some call 'em, and totally not kos'ers, cod'ers or the like. They're actually quite interesting to play with. Dont blame it on the kids, i say, because a lot of the uncaring players are young adults and adults.

Please do write journals. If i find yours, i shall keep it with me.

Actually, I wish we could also draw on the paper. I'd put:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and draw a stick figure guy in the middle. Duct tape it to a tree in the forest near Elektro so it is found

Yesterday I found paper on the ground, remembering that pen&paper work (again?), I decided to have a look at it...what did it say?

"lOOK DOWN! bam your dead"

While I was happy that I found a note from another survivor, the "your" annoyed me so much, I wanted to handcuff the guy who wrote it and feed him rotten kiwis...

And I already write on pieces of paper and scatter them, but I prefer strange notes like "GARY! They are coming...they are COMING! RUN!" or "We meet at the well when the sun goes down.", but keeping a journal (or even write a steamname on it...hm wait...I should write a random steam name of somebody else on the server o0n it and carry it with me just to confuse people....

Edited by LaughingJack

I've been putting notes at the base of every sign post with the name of the town in English.

• Like 5

Never tried but i am guess paper doesnt stack. Id be happy to write or read someone elses pages but seeing each page taks a slot its rather excess for room..

A multi page journel would be awesome or like i say the ability to stack pages...

• Like 2