Jackgundy

New Patch = Gift from God

Simply saying this. New login timer is the greatest thing since canned beans. I will sacrifice ten lambs to Rocket tonight.

I love it.

Specailly that there is so much players that  automatically press their shift+alt+f4 macro every time you shoot at them. They need to adapt to that disconnecting will not save them anymore.

Edited by Frosti

not all aspects of the patch are bad, I strongly dislike the direction the devs have taken in regards to server hopping and combat logging.

Logout timers that count down while ingame and making gear spawn client side instead of server side would make me happy, but it's not the direction the devs want.

The new patch effectively forces you to play a low population server to obtain military gear or play on a high pop server and run more pointlessly in the barren north....which would be fine if vehicles were in the game but they are not at the moment...

Logout timers while you are ingame are lame...

Loot spwaning client side ? Kind of cheater boy huh ? If the loot would spawn client side, it woul bei totally abusde by hackers.... worst idea i ve ever read on the forum...

The servers population numbers keeps steady for longer, no sudden drops or increases and hopping is somewhat less viable.

Makes server owners happy having a steady use of their boxes :) ( more players for long time, more fun )

not all aspects of the patch are bad, I strongly dislike the direction the devs have taken in regards to server hopping and combat logging.

Logout timers that count down while ingame and making gear spawn client side instead of server side would make me happy, but it's not the direction the devs want.

The new patch effectively forces you to play a low population server to obtain military gear or play on a high pop server and run more pointlessly in the barren north....which would be fine if vehicles were in the game but they are not at the moment...

Well then, you should be prepared for a lot of directions you don't like. This was never a game intended for instant PVP. Even if over 50% of the current players would like insta phat loot, that will never happen.

The point of the game, believe it or not, is not to obtain military gear as fast as possible, and then go to the nearest gankfest. If that's how you like it, then I feel sorry for you, because you are not going to like to upcoming patches very much!

In time there probably will be respawning loot, but as for now, it's too damaging to the servers.

so they didn't intend to allow me to move the gamma slider all the way to the right? its not a bug/glitch its there shitty settings they allow us to change. 

Its obvious some form of exploit.

But go ahead, use it. Sooner or later a patch will take care of this exploit.

so they didn't intend to allow me to move the gamma slider all the way to the right? its not a bug/glitch its there shitty settings they allow us to change. 

oh looks it's the same defense that combat logger's used.

Until they fix the gamma exploit I won't play night servers seems unfair that while I'm fumbling about some kid who feels they deserve an advantage will kill me.

It's the night.

It's suppose to be dark. Why else do we have flashlights? There maybe even be NVG in the future.

Do you honestly really think the devs are not going to do anything about people using the gamma/brightness slider to see everything when it's suppose to be dark?

And to compare it to sound is just so far off...turning the volume up is nothing near as advantageous as turning up the gamma.

Edit: If you have a slider to increase the sound-range, then we could compare the volume to gamma.

Edited by paulus83

Moonless night doesn't stop my gamma.

The gamma exploit relies on the moon being visible...

The gamma exploit relies on the moon being visible...

I wouldn't know.

I've never used it. Also I hear its possible to remove the skies to see the moon. I guess this is an exploit too.

I wouldn't know.

I've never used it. Also I hear its possible to remove the skies to see the moon. I guess this is an exploit too.

Nope, if you turn clouds off the moon goes too. It's a whole lot darker at night with clouds turned off.

The new patch lowers the fun factor of the game, a big thumbs down from me for a variety of reasons.

The new patch effectively forces you to play a low population server to obtain military gear or play on a high pop server and run more pointlessly in the barren North

ooohhhhh you have to leave the coast now ? So sad...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I am extremely happy with the current update. Was meeting up with a friend at Veresnik military base.. He had his legs broken and was crawling around trying to get to safety.. I was coming in from the north bringing him Morphine, and saw a military geared player who just logged in (5 players on the server including my friend and I, this guy was last on the list), running toward the military base in an open field. I crouch, take aim, and open fire.. 3 shots later, he goes into a "sitting position", then a "prone" position, then I score a headshot.. His body disappears before I can loot it, and he logs out of the server immediately. 

Thank you, "Drew", for being the first dipshit combat logging server hopping douchebag that I scored a kill on. You will be forever remembered.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 2

Still doesn't stop people combat logging, sadly. my gang was in a firefight in Electro last night/this morning, I was pinned down on the school, we had two guys on the roof of the hospital and three guys on Sniper Hill. Two ducked into a building out of our sniper's LoS and were never seen again.

Regardless, it's a major improvment. that's the only instance I've seen of it since patch :)

EDIT: In hindsight though, they might not've been combat loggers and just bugged out and left their mate to die. Either way, bastards xD 

Edited by Cenobyte

Still doesn't stop people combat logging, sadly. my gang was in a firefight in Electro last night/this morning, I was pinned down on the school, we had two guys on the roof of the hospital and three guys on Sniper Hill. Two ducked into a building out of our sniper's LoS and were never seen again.

Regardless, it's a major improvment. that's the only instance I've seen of it since patch :)

EDIT: In hindsight though, they might not've been combat loggers and just bugged out and left their mate to die. Either way, bastards xD 

Log out should be at least a minute, at most two minutes. 30 seconds in not enuff

I am extremely happy with the current update. Was meeting up with a friend at Veresnik military base.. He had his legs broken and was crawling around trying to get to safety.. I was coming in from the north bringing him Morphine, and saw a military geared player who just logged in (5 players on the server including my friend and I, this guy was last on the list), running toward the military base in an open field. I crouch, take aim, and open fire.. 3 shots later, he goes into a "sitting position", then a "prone" position, then I score a headshot.. His body disappears before I can loot it, and he logs out of the server immediately. 

Thank you, "Drew", for being the first dipshit combat logging server hopping douchebag that I scored a kill on. You will be forever remembered.

Seems the logout timer needs some working on. If a person gets killed while logging out, the body most definitely shouldn't disappear when the countdown reaches zero.

It's not 100% fool-proof, but it helps avoid/discourage a lot of combat logging...

For example: You see a guy running across a field, (as described above), and you either hold him up or start shooting at him.. Instead of instantly logging out, he's forced to either face the situation like a man, or die.

In extended shoot-outs where both parties have cover, however, logging out can obviously still be exploited..

For example: You're looting NWAF, and a player runs into the barracks.. you speak over direct and instruct him to drop his weapon and come out with his hands up.. He doesn't come out, but you don't dare try to enter or else he has the positional advantage. You wait a few minutes, then start scouting the building and upon closer inspection you realize he's not in there.. It would be easy for him to go into a back room, close the door, and just log out and hope you don't storm the building. There's a risk in this, but it would work against most players because most players won't storm a building like the barracks without a lot of friends backing them up.. and even then it's dangerous.

I'd like to see them add a proximity check for other players, before allowing you to log out.. possibly 50-100meters.. This way, the game literally FORCES you to stay connected and unable to log out until you're away from others. 2 problems with this:

1. How do you stop people from Alt-F4ing? Maybe kill them? But then what happens if someone just loses connection?

2. If you're hanging out with some friends and need to relog, it would be a pain in the ass to have to move 100m away from one another all the time.

Edited by Etherimp

Seems the logout timer needs some working on. If a person gets killed while logging out, the body most definitely shouldn't disappear when the countdown reaches zero.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the countdown timer, but that sounds logical. His body laid there for less than a minute, I'd say.. I shot him, killed him, moved up a few meters to get a visual on my friend, and by the time I looked back to see if the body was still there, it was gone.. Less than 2 minutes, for sure.. 

The 30 second logout timer in a firefight is actually very useless, most firefights me and my friends encounter are stalemates of patience and the fact they can logout in 30 seconds basically does not punish the player at all. There has to be something more, you can't shoot first, get surrounded in the Prison building at NEAF and then decide "Nope, I don't want to fight, bye". 

The 30 second logout timer in a firefight is actually very useless, most firefights me and my friends encounter are stalemates of patience and the fact they can logout in 30 seconds basically does not punish the player at all. There has to be something more, you can't shoot first, get surrounded in the Prison building at NEAF and then decide "Nope, I don't want to fight, bye". 

Maybe log out timer will be extended in future.

beanz for that patch.

gameperformance +9 (more fps overall, indoor movement lot better, bigger cities still got some fpsdrops, but quite ok)

faster weaponswitch +8 (after 2h of gaming it starts again with lagging, but just 2hits on the buttons instead of 5)

logtimers +5 (should be increased to double, airfields are now empty as shit the whole server uptime)

new loot +2 (police/ambulance stations still empty; not seen a lot of it after doin complete unlooted svetlo 2times)

excisting loot -1 (we got a melee weapon hyperinflation, no gunz after svetlo 2times)

fixing issues +8 (items still drop thru buildings or floors)

sprayin items +8 (pretty cool to have an black, black/green or green mosin or a green m4; make helmets and masks paintable!)

Edited by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Rorschach