Sign in to follow this  
synik4l

The antihop/exiting timers..

Okay so i completely agree with having both the timer to prevent combat loggers, and to prevent server hopping. But i think it could be handled better. First off the game is buggy. So it kinda sucks to have a timer put on you. When your game screws up and you have to exit and rejoin the same server. I think if you join the same server why should you have to wait a minute and 10?

Second I though you guys would make it to where it counts down 30 seconds and you can see whats going on. When leaving a server. To prevent combat logging. Instead of just leaving and having ur guy just standing there. I dont really want to die and not even have a chance to stop it. Because I decide to log inside a house somewhere(not that i normally do). and someone walks in, in that 30 seconds. Heck id wait 60 seconds. As long as I could see whats going on while my char just stands there. Of course everyones going to stay. Dont log in a bad spot. But in DayZ no spot is a good spot. I dont care where you are. And i think its rediculous my char just stands there defenseless for 30 seconds thus punishing me. And i'm not even a logger. Anyone else agree?

edit: okay im going to edit this since people dont read my newer posts.

People dont seem to understand that we're in no way saying the timer is stupid. and that you shouldnt stand there for 30-60 seconds. We're merely saying that you should be able to see what is going on. See the timer. And cancel the timer if you want. and come back to shooting if you need to. In case randomly someone walked by u. or came into the same bush you were in. Or was tracking you for awhile(and you didnt even know he was there). and saw you lay down to exit. There's many cases. where this is not combat logging. But merely us wanting to know if were gonna get killed in that 30 seconds and be able to do something about it. I mean I could basically leave a game thinking im completely safe. and would still be fine. but instead im dying and have no clue about it. 

They could make it. where if you alt+f4 you sit there for 30. Or you can sit there for 30 and watch the screen. I dont understand why people dont get this?

Edited by synik4l
  • Like 7

When logging out, imagine you are in Kodiak country and making camp. Check your surroundings thoroughly before logging out. Anywhere within 500 meters of a high priority loot spawn is not safe.

• Like 2

Don't log off in a house? Why would you do this unless you are a server hopper? Run out to a forest, find a tree to hide in. If you die in the next 30 seconds that means someone spotted you and was already enroute to kill you.

Having said that I would prefer to have it be a countdown in game as well but it isn't a deal breaker for me at least.

• Like 6

Newsflash:

If you catch the five minute wait time... do something else for a little bit...

It's like a game-appointed snack time really.

• Like 15

I think the system now is kinda clumsy. The approach WoW takes is way better imho. If you exit the game, you get a popup with a xx sec countdown and you are unable to move. After the countdown has expired you log off and your character dissappears from the server. If you are in a hurry you can cancel the countdown and exit right away, but your character will stand in place for the remaining countdown and is able to get killed.

The current solution seems like a quick workaround to me. It also seems that after logging in you wouldnt spawn in the exact location you loggged off, but a location you visited like a minute before. That is a terrible bug and needs to be addressed asap.

So ,no beans from me for the approach they chose, let's hope it's a temporary workaround until theyve figured out something smarter, like the WoW loggoff system.

• Like 9

I think the system now is kinda clumsy. The approach WoW takes is way better imho. If you exit the game, you get a popup with a xx sec countdown and you are unable to move. After the countdown has expired you log off and your character dissappears from the server. If you are in a hurry you can cancel the countdown and exit right away, but your character will stand in place for the remaining countdown and is able to get killed.

The current solution seems like a quick workaround to me. It also seems that after logging in you wouldnt spawn in the exact location you loggged off, but a location you visited like a minute before. That is a terrible bug and needs to be addressed asap.

So ,no beans from me for the approach they chose, let's hope it's a temporary workaround until theyve figured out something smarter, like the WoW loggoff system.

agreed. This is exactly what im saying.

problem is... the system cant tell between us server hopping or Joining the wrong server and want to leave or the server is set at night and we want to leave for this reason i say the timer is Too Long or not to smart

• Like 1

Join the wrong server? Pay closer attention to which server you are joining. Joined a server at night but wanted to play during the day? The server in game times are posted on the browser. It's not the best mechanic and probably isn't going to last once something else is designed but it does help the problem it's designed for (doesn't fix it but only private servers would fix it) and it's better than nothing.

• Like 6

dean commented on this variant, saying that they found it exploitable in internal testing. i am not bothered, finding a safe spot before logging out isnt hard

• Like 7

dean commented on this variant, saying that they found it exploitable in internal testing. i am not bothered, finding a safe spot before logging out isnt hard

Ahh i gotcha. Although I will say thats taking the easy way out.

Edited by synik4l

The current solution seems like a quick workaround to me.

Alpha you know? Lots of people were complaining about it, so this is the first adempt. I dont think it will stay like this.

• Like 1

Ahh i gotcha. Although I will say thats taking the easy way out.

It's not a matter of easy way out. It's either this or nothing until something better is designed (or the exploitation of preferred methods are fixed).

problem is... the system cant tell between us server hopping or Joining the wrong server and want to leave or the server is set at night and we want to leave for this reason i say the timer is Too Long or not to smart

How could anyone besides you know if the server you joined is "wrong" or not? Your joined the wrong server: you did it. Now you pay for not being smart.

There is a Favorites list and you can add any server to Favorites. Its up to you to find reliable servers. You should have already been doing this.

Solution: Find reliable servers that you like and add them to favorites. Its the easiest solution out.

Edited by Good Greef
  • Like 2

The current loot system is terrible this is the main issue for me , i'm fed up running around for 30-45 minutes finding nothing when i start a new character until my player s virtually dead from lack of food and drink , i have no issue scavanging but its zero fun running in and out of buildings just tryin to keep yourself alive.

Funny how the Pro Anti Hopper / Combat Hopper are Just worried about that! this System still cause Problems not only Wrong server joins but also rejoining Server Fast to get to the Aid of friends in Combat if i Die and i EXIT Game it thinks i am also server Hopping and the time to WAIT KILLS the Action game time... 

Edited by TrueGiga

Just went to a server i am a PRO DAY SERVER i don't play Night and my Crew Don't Play night as well... NOT ALL SERVERS SAY DAY24/7 or Night.... It has Happen to us already.... then when we do jump to next server We have to wait. Freaking 300 Seconds? so some one on the last server can Kill our Progress cause the System thought we was server Hopping? Needs fixing

Just went to a server i am a PRO DAY SERVER i don't play Night and my Crew Don't Play night as well... NOT ALL SERVERS SAY DAY24/7 or Night.... It has Happen to us already.... then when we do jump to next server We have to wait. Freaking 300 Seconds? so some one on the last server can Kill our Progress cause the System thought we was server Hopping? Needs fixing

Who cares what the server name is. Do you not see the column for time of day, over to the right? It tells you what time it is ON THE SERVER- so no matter what the server is named the time is what matters.

• Like 7

Guys... have a tiny modicum of patience.  I know thats a hard concept for you adhd kiddies but really, a few seconds, you can do it.

• Like 2

No its not, but i wont explain cause you are hopper and this will only help you hop more safely.

• Like 1

Dont log in a bad spot. But in DayZ no spot is a good spot.

Spoken like someone who hangs out in Chernogorsk all day; just go sit in a bush and logout. 999 times in 1,000 you will be fine.

As for the 1000th, tough titties.

One could always run to a tree as suggested above and instead of beginning the log out procedure/timer and hoping no one sees you (player or infected), you could just simply wait thirty seconds to a minute observing from the cover.  Once satisfied you were not followed, exit the game.

Of course, caution is thrown out the window when the wife is hollering that she needs you to do something for her immediately.

Ump

• Like 6

For one, learn punctuation.

Second, and huge pro tip, log out in bushes in forests.

Logging in houses/villages and complaining about getting merc'd on logout/login? It's going to happen more bud. A lot more.