Sign in to follow this  
synik4l

The antihop/exiting timers..

U can cheat with an ingame exit timer....

sit near a wall press double Q , loock throu the wall and start the exit timer, if u see ure enemy entering ure house/hangar/barrak what ever, u cancel the timer and shoot him..

for now no one is save if he combat log near enemys... problem solved

I initially wanted an MMO-style countdown with an abort button but the more I have thought about it the more I realise there's nothing wrong with the current system. If you find somewhere relatively safe to log out, you're not going to be found within thirty seconds. I always log out in treelines, inside the brush of a dense bush or tree if I can, so far I have not logged back in as a newspawn.

• Like 1

Being able to control your guy for the duration of the timer, and being able to interrupt the timer and defend yourself then continue the timer, are two very different things.  What I've been trying to suggest is let us click disconnect then start the 30 sec timer.  If we see trouble, we can stop the timer, defend ourselves, and then disconnect and commence the 30 sec logout period where can we look around holding alt, but can't move less we interrupt the timer again.

What is the point of an interruptible timer? it has all of the inconvenience with none of the effectiveness.  If you can interrupt the timer and defend yourself then there is no reason not to combat log, you just have to do it in a slight different manner.  How do you not see this?  you have to be truly vulnerable or there is no deterrent.

And thats not just speculation, it was found to be the case in internal testing.  Interruptible timers just don't stop people combat logging.

jesus...

i will AFK for 5 to 10 minutes at a time, out in the woods hidden in a random tree. I dont care if sever pop limit was 100 players, there are more than ample spots to afk safely, let alone log out/log in.

and go get a drink, have a smoke, grab a snack, take a shit for all that matters...5 minutes is definitely not an issue, unless you are trying to hop, and it doesnt seem to apply to rejoining the same server (not 100% certain of that, though).

• Like 2

i will AFK for 5 to 10 minutes at a time, out in the woods hidden in a random tree. I dont care if sever pop limit was 100 players, there are more than ample spots to afk safely, let alone log out/log in.

Same here, and the logout timer is only thirty seconds so I don't see why everyone is getting so upset.

• Like 1

TIMER Still Don't work Regardless of your Hiding, so you wont get killed or any other ideas you might have to defend your self's! But HOLD ON Now not only do i have to worried about some noob with a sniper rifle in the woods waiting to get a FREE/EASY Kill we now have to be worried about the dumb Timer Giving away a free Kill and also Killing Hours of Progress JUST CAUSE It was a Cool IDEA well Guess what its not a cool idea No more.... My Time is Worth Money and Just cause its not your time and you don't care about Your Time don't make it right...

TrueGiga: If you use common sense and log out somewhere that 30 seconds won't get you killed, you don't have to worry.

• Like 1

It sounds like you and your girlfriend need to have a conversation. Also it doesn't take 10 mins to get to a safe spot.

Yes, person named weedmasta from the internet, please give me advice on my relationship. I also do freelance work from my homeoffice. If a client calls I can't be like, oh just hang in a second, I'm playing this game and they have implemented this feature where I would have to run and find a safespot, so would you mind hanging on for a minute or two.

The current system is better than not having logoff protection at all, agree. But I'm not willing to fear for my ingame life after I quit the game.

some of us don't spend Hours finding gear just to have a system designed to protect us be used to kill us! defeats the purpose.

some of us don't spend Hours finding gear just to have a system designed to protect us be used to kill us! defeats the purpose.

Are you listening? 30 seconds won't get you killed if you log out somewhere sensible, what is your problem?

• Like 3

Are you listening? 30 seconds won't get you killed if you log out somewhere sensible, what is your problem?

He, and his friends, can't server hop to gear up or combat log and ghost on people anymore.

Edited by xRann
  • Like 3

dude you just aint getting it. GTFO town, and go into the woods farther than 20 feet. 500 meters...a quarter mile... but GO. Quit whining and spend 60 seconds to get out of the populated area, find a tree, sit down and chill for a minute to let your position sync with the hive... then log. when you rejoin youll be in the same safe place.

and it doesnt matter where you log out, ever, because no place is safe. ever. accept it, or find a different game to play, because thats a fundamental part of this games design and that, my friend, will NEVER change.

Rule#1 of DayZ: Do NOT get attached to your gear. Ever.

• Like 1

One issue I do notice is joining a game with your friends... Say I hop online, go into a server, and 20 minutes later my friend gets on and I need to hop into his server, mine being full?

Oh wait, all I have to do is wait five frickin' minutes.

Things that can take longer than five minutes:

Getting something to eat/drink.

Taking a shit.

Masturbation.

Mastication.

Spending time with loved ones.

Spending time with cats.

1/3 an episode of your favorite animated series.

a game of Loadout, a f2p game on steam

how long you might wait to respawn in Insurgency

need i continue?

the longer you spend in one server the less time you wait to join in a new one.

lol why can't you understand my Point and still you all keep trying to force feed it to me like your some kind of Mass Media Outlet set on changing the world?
I DON'T LIKE THIS TIMER it Needs Fixing That's all 

Thank you!

You haven't told us why. You said you're worried about being killed while sitting down for 30 seconds but we told you that it's nothing to worry about if you find a sensible place to log out, like in trees. Maybe the guy above is right, maybe you're just mad that you can't server hop or ghost any more.

• Like 1

Yes, person named weedmasta from the internet, please give me advice on my relationship. I also do freelance work from my homeoffice. If a client calls I can't be like, oh just hang in a second, I'm playing this game and they have implemented this feature where I would have to run and find a safespot, so would you mind hanging on for a minute or two.

The current system is better than not having logoff protection at all, agree. But I'm not willing to fear for my ingame life after I quit the game.

is it the games fault you are working and playing?

so because "you" are attached to your gear and afraid to lose it, we must suffer with the combat logging and ghosting? 

Thank you!

translation : I cant server hop or combat log.

this is what im talking about

/u/Duckettorama on reddit

ZnE8da0.jpg

Already tested and already dismissed.

I will admit that I have thoroughly checked through an area to be sure it was safe before logging off... only to log back in later and find my character dead, and been completely annoyed to find it was because of a zombie who spawned after I logged out. But honestly, that's a rarity. If you don't have the time to play DayZ, you shouldn't play it. The timer needs to be longer, not shorter. I'd say at least 4-5 minutes because it's very easy to climb on top of a building with a ladder that takes 30 seconds and then log off because the people couldn't catch up to you in time.

lol why can't you understand my Point and still you all keep trying to force feed it to me like your some kind of Mass Media Outlet set on changing the world?

Thank you!

No one gives a shit what YOU want...

• Like 3

No one gives a shit what YOU want...

i Gave you some Beans so you can run along now!!

i Gave you some Beans so you can run along now!!

Cheers bro...  but no one gives a shit still.

I DON'T LIKE THE FACT I DIE WHEN I'M SHOT, it Needs Fixing, That's all.

• Like 1

Cheers bro...  but no one gives a shit still.

I DON'T LIKE THE FACT I DIE WHEN I'M SHOT, it Needs Fixing, That's all.

Your just being a Troll Nothing new ran across thousands like you and at the end they all EAT CROW! more beans for you! Happy?