Puffy

The player name field doesn't work.

Whenever I create a new character, it won't let me change my player name.

I click, double click, backspace, type, everything, but the Player Name field always says "PLAYER 1" and I can't change it.

I play in servers as PLAYER 1 because I can't change my name.

How do I fix the player name field guys?

Please help I can't play as PLAYER 1 forever.

Change it under profile/edit at the main menu.

Even when I do that it doesn't work.

It's like the player name field is locked.

You'll have to create a new profile, it wont make a difference in DayZ, because your character is saved to your game id.

You guys aren't understanding.

I cannot click the Player Name field.

When I click it no cursor shows and it stays the same no matter what I do.

For fucks sake! I just posted a link above that will tell you EXACTLY how to do what you are asking for. Do I need to hold your hand as you read it?

Step One

GCI9x.jpg

Step Two

DAdGm.jpg

Step Three

1PjAE.jpg

Step Four

a9Lnf.jpg

I appreciate you guys trying to help' date=' but my situation is different.

A. My character profiles do not show up like they are in the 2nd picture.

B. I CANNOT type in the place where it says "Player Name: PLAYER 1"

[hr']

For fucks sake! I just posted a link above that will tell you EXACTLY how to do what you are asking for. Do I need to hold your hand as you read it?

I'll use that link as a last resort.

I would REALLY like to understand why my game is fucking up.

This belongs in the troubleshooting section of this forum.

Anyway, each local player profile is stored in its own folder (called "Arma 2 other profiles") on your hard disk. For example, the default for win7 is ":\Users\[your username]\my documents\ArmA 2 other profiles". The name of these profile folders are the same as your ingame profiles.

Try to find this folder on your hdd and change the folder name of any created profile to whatever profile name you want. This should work.

edit:

Oh, and as far as I know, you cannot change the name of your (first) main profile. Could that be your problem?

If not, create an additional profile, set it up as you like and change it's name in "arma 2 other profiles" as mentioned before if it won't let you do that ingame.

This belongs in the troubleshooting section of this forum.

Anyway' date=' each local player profile is stored in its own folder (called "Arma 2 other profiles") on your hard disk. For example, the default for win7 is ":\Users\[your username']\my documents\ArmA 2 other profiles". The name of these profile folders are the same as your ingame profiles.

Try to find this folder on your hdd and change the folder name of any created profile to whatever profile name you want. This should work.

edit:

Oh, and as far as I know, you cannot change the name of your (first) main profile. Could that be your problem?

If not, create an additional profile, set it up as you like and change it's name in "arma 2 other profiles" as mentioned before if it won't let you do that ingame.

My created profiles aren't listed.

They don't appear where the created profiles list is supposed to be.

In my case, the game folders are on the D: drive, but the folders required are found in MY DOCS on the C: drive, could this be an issue?

Ok, just to be clear, you created additional profiles without any problems (well, except changing the name), so they show up in the profile list every time you start Arma2?

Yet, you looked in "My Documents\Arma 2 Other Profiles", but there are no subfolders in it at all?

That sounds strange, maybe it's an installation issue. Can you play normally with your main profile?

Ok' date=' just to be clear, you created additional profiles without any problems (well, except changing the name), so they show up in the profile list every time you start Arma2?

Yet, you looked in "My Documents\Arma 2 Other Profiles", but there are no subfolders in it at all?

That sounds strange, maybe it's an installation issue. Can you play normally with your main profile?

[/quote']

No, when I make a new profile it's as if I didn't save it or whatever.

When I go to the Player Edit area, it says "Select Profile", but there are no profiles there.

Something must be wrong with your installation then. It should have created a main profile automatically (it shows up in the "select player" list in SupWithThat's second picture) whose name cannot be changed (usually your windows user name afaik). Then you would have to create and work with additional profiles if you want different player names. But if there isn't even that main profile in the list, I'd suggest a reinstallation.

This is really only going to be helpful if you are having issues with the my Documents Arma 2 and Arma 2 Other Profiles folders.

Run Arma2:CO as admin at least once to ensure that all your registry keys get created. Could be causing the game engine not to be able to find where it is supposed to be placing your profile info.

If you have the Steam version then run Steam as admin and then run Arma2 once and Arma 2 OA once then to ensure Combined Operations is correct launch it once. Not sure about reatil and CO whether or not you have to run Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA seperately or if launching as CO works.

After running the game as admin at least the first time you should not have to do it again.

I did all of that.

I think I just need to re-install the game.

Fucking took 11 hours last time....