Krayz (DayZ)

You are dead, but cannot respawn !

Hello, i have a little trouble in dayz.

I try since one hour to respawn because i was kill yesterday evening, but it s impossible to click on respawn and if i change server i was alwayz dead but can't click on respawn like if i am alive.

thanks for helping me ^^

P.S : i can play on hardcore server but not on regular

post-15037-0-29761100-1391601714_thumb.j

post-15037-0-45444700-1391601723_thumb.j

• Like 3

same problem here, i died to zombies pressed respawn 30seconds wait , didn't work did it a few times.

then i go to another server and i get the you are dead screen but the respawn button can't be pressed ( grey button)

and now i can't respawn on anny regular servers...

I have exactly the same thing..

I died this morning in a Regular Server and logged off after. Didn't respawn as new char..

Now on every Regular I get the message "You are dead" in screen and no respawn button.

My brother died yesterday evening and didn't respawn too and is in the same boat as me.

Any solution available? work-around?

Else this is a bug and needs a fix.

I still had a Hardcore newspawn and that is working fine.

Cheers,

Snake

same exact issue, i was lying prone in a field idling, got attacked by a zombie, died, went to respawn and I can't respawn.  I've restarted the game, i can log in under my hardcore character just fine. i log off and log back in to spawn on a regular server and it says i am dead when i log in.  Funny thing is when i disconnect and try another server I am not getting the penalty when i go to try another server.   And when i do log into the other server still dead and still can't spawn.  

I will be following the bug tracker on this.   Thanks!

Edited by Moseph

Hit respawn again, and be patient. I've seen this behavior - and in the servers that appear to be affected by it - usually within a 120 second window you'll respawn.

Looking into the root of the issue.

• Like 5

i am alive now. Waiting longer seemed to fix it unless they did something from behind the scenes.   I must have waited about 30 to 40 minutes before i tried again.  Seems like time solved this issue.

Out-a-time!

ya same here cant respawn the servers are all shit right now well the ones i have tryed cant play was good one my screen than boom dead

I'm dead too.  Died before patch, logged out.  Been 20 minutes waiting on the You Are Dead screen on the same server.

In addition the Respawn button is greyed out, and unclickable.

Edit: Also my character has disappeared on the menu screens.

post-193106-0-69896800-1391622177_thumb.

post-193106-0-59853100-1391622220_thumb.

Edited by xonees

Having same problem, just updated and tried to get in a game and have been unsuccessful so far.  Has anybody found any fixes? 

Tried joing a hardcore server, where i have a character I havent used in a while, seems to be working ok, I believe in my regular character server i died and never respawned. Im guessing this has something to do wiht it.

Edited by CougarHunter

Tried switching to HC server for a fresh hive, never played on HC since I only just got the game.

"You are dead"

Change server should work. Was it reading somewhere her in the forum. Test first....

Hit respawn again, and be patient. I've seen this behavior - and in the servers that appear to be affected by it - usually within a 120 second window you'll respawn.

Looking into the root of the issue.

Edit:

aaaaaand if I die, I have to change the server to respawn.

Edited by NoCheats

Can we get an actual response to this? Been dead for hours.

- Tried changing in-game name.

- Tried finding server I died on in history, but with a five minute timer, it'll take all day.

It'd be nice to hear from someone who knows something.

I actually did this since I haven't been on that many servers.  No luck.

Also I don't get the timeout for joining new servers as far as I can tell, I join and then... You are dead.

also this http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8067

- Tried finding server I died on in history, but with a five minute timer, it'll take all day.

Edited by xonees

finally got rid of and im respawning in 227 seconds i believe i figured it out if you know the dupe glitch ( when joining a server quit when ready on bottom left appears then join back ing) fixes this problem.... 

is a quick fix for this problem 

is a quick fix for this problem 

Yeah, to clarify in full sentences:

I logged on to several servers in a row and as DayZ in black and white and the background image flashed hit esc.  After a few times escaping from the load screens, I let it load to "You are dead." and switched servers again, dumping the load with esc.  Then exited the game completely.  Restarted DayZ and choose another server and it worked.  Or I esc'd two more servers and then it worked, I can't remember since I wasn't expecting it to work.

So try several times, using esc to dump at different parts of the world loading and throw a game restart in now and again.

Good luck brothers!

Edited by xonees

Have a clan member running on 10hrs now that he can't respawn, the respawn button even went grey on him. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

this worked for me, tnx:

(0044483)
xonees (reporter) 
2014-02-06 20:37

I successfully worked around this issue several times, because it happens again as soon as you die.

1. you are dead screen
2. exit
3. change servers
4. esc while loading
5. repeat 3

do that a few times, esc at different times but before "you are dead" and within 10 I usually get a game to load. Occasionally close dayZ completely during the process, not sure whether that affects it.

after that, just don't die and you'll be fine :(