Sign in to follow this  
napalmdog

Anti-zombie tactics

So the Zees are quite different in SA! I know they will change and multiply as the Alpha moves along and any tactics we discuss might be irrelevant down the road, but still;

How do you go about safely dispatching zombies?

Strafe to the right, swing to the left.. or just run up behind them.

Edited by Etherimp

Aim for the head, no matter what you're using to attack them with (hands, rusty pipes, bayonets, heavy machine guns, light machine guns).  They seam to be a bit tougher now from a patch or two ago (just slightly), before I could keep punching one in the head as a fresh spawn and not take too much damage while standing still.  Now I need to be a little more sneaky.  If you knock them (face) down keep hitting them till they fall face up and disappear.

If i'm low geared with only fists or a melee weapon, i move in circles around the Zed, aiming for his head. So you can take him down without him even trying to bite/hit you.

If i have my mosin and/or a secondary i sometimes give them a clear headshot, if he isn't in close combat range already.

That ways i normally will never loose blood to a zed

• Like 1

If i'm low geared with only fists or a melee weapon, i move in circles around the Zed, aiming for his head. So you can take him down without him even trying to bite/hit you.

If i have my mosin and/or a secondary i sometimes give them a clear headshot, if he isn't in close combat range already.

That ways i normally will never loose blood to a zed

Love running circles around the zeds, works for me!

Strafe to the right, swing to the left.. or just run up behind them.

pretty much this and i am not sure what people are talking about head shooting them ?? every test i have done 1 shot any where central mass ( chest neck head ) puts them down . Really once you have a fire axe which is one hit kill zeds are just a slight time delay rather than a legit worry....