Sign in to follow this  
carcinovich

Sewing kit + different colored pens = tattoos (!)

So the sewing kit was announced, and we already have different colored pens littering the landscape...

Sewing kit + pens = tattoos. Anyone who has served time in prison could have told you that.

Here, take diagram I made to illustrate this illustrious idea of aesthetic wonder:

ikhmTYZ.png

This is a ridiculous topic (ridiculously awesome, maybe), but pin-and-pen-administered tattoos would be a way to customize your character in a game where, well, everybody really just gears up and ends up looking exactly the same as everyone else.

Remember, there are many different colors of pens. Could choose crude (but relatively decent-looking) tattoos designs, with different colors of pens being a prerequisite for certain designs.

P.S.: This would fit in nicely with the whole "beards that grow over time" character-customization idea that is more awesome than any other idea in this forum combined.

Edited by carcinovich
  • Like 5

Would there be an inherent risk of infection (like with prison tats) and the potential transfer of blood-borne illnesses?

Also, could I knock someone unconscious and brand them?

If so, I'm on board. 

• Like 6

Would there be an inherent risk of infection (like with prison tats) and the potential transfer of blood-borne illnesses?

If so, I'm on board. 

I'm smelling what you're stepping in.

• Like 1

its a zombie apocalypse, i don´t think you would be thinking of tattoos.

its a zombie apocalypse, i don´t think you would be thinking of tattoos.

I disagree, there are certain situations in real life where similar things happen.

Lets consider the gang mentality, it is not hard to find evidence that gangs in real life do tattoo each other based on actions they have undertaken.

A similar thing may happen in a zombie apocalypse, an amount of people find each other, group up for saftey.

This group manages to survive a length of time and form a close bond. During this time they have fought off zombies and bandits and all sorts.

It may be reasonable they they tattoo each other based on amount of zombies killed, or heroic deeds etc.

I disagree, there are certain situations in real life where similar things happen.

Lets consider the gang mentality, it is not hard to find evidence that gangs in real life do tattoo each other based on actions they have undertaken.

A similar thing may happen in a zombie apocalypse, an amount of people find each other, group up for saftey.

This group manages to survive a length of time and form a close bond. During this time they have fought off zombies and bandits and all sorts.

It may be reasonable they they tattoo each other based on amount of zombies killed, or heroic deeds etc.

alright, maybe a tattoo to recognize a group member, but thats it, no more use for a tattoo in my opinion

alright, maybe a tattoo to recognize a group member, but thats it, no more use for a tattoo in my opinion

Generally tattoos are not infact useful, however they are more of a statement. Much like clothing.

Yeah, the point is that this goes more in line of "character customization"

Like beards. Why? Because it adds flavor and a sense of progression.

It could be either used for character costumazation or to reconize members of your clan. Great idea

Generally tattoos are not infact useful, however they are more of a statement. Much like clothing.

Exactly And what better statement than saying " I survived until now" . that tattoo you received from some guy up at nwaf (or wherever lawl) will be a story to tell everyone, until you die .

Best thing of this is that it further personalizes people to their characters making them not want to waste their character for stupid decisions . I mean yes it sounds silly to want to preserve a character for simply a tattoo that can be reproduced , but when you start with tattoos and then further personalize yourself by clothing your character the way you want and gearing him the way you want, you start to care more about what you've created and don't want to see it gone .

So when you get loot everyone gets that's fine you could die and not care , but after finding your favorite backpack (mines the child briefcase please don't ask why haha ) your favorite color pen for a Nasty tattoo that takes a while to draw , and finally top it all off with maybe a nice repaired vehicle ( when they come in ) and you have many reasons to live .

Wow I got off semi- off track ... but tattoos = stories and also immersion and who doesn't like that ?

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Only if they remove that god awful under shirt. 

I would totes sport a Assault Vest with bare chest just to show off mah tats.

If so, I'm on board. 

penises everywhere

hilarity follows.

Edited by ploulaf

I used to develop video-games as a 3d modeler and UV artist -- until I got out of it. From a content-creation standpoint, tattoos would be stupid easy to implement. It feel like, for at least for a few simple designs, it's something I could do over a few lunch breaks.

I'm referred to user-selected tattoos. Custom-created tattoos, however, would all look horrible -- and yes, probably consist of nothing but vulgarity and penises. Not to mention, it's technically very complicated and would require a significant amount of overhead to store/deliver all these custom crappy drawings for each client.

It just makes a lot more sense to have the user craft a pre-set tattoo. Easy to implement, a way to customize your character over time, and one more reason to keep your character alive.

Edited by carcinovich

Why would you create a tattoo, in a post apocalyptic world, where nothing is sterile and you have no chance of keeping it clean while it heals?
Why would you risk infection in the wound or potential blood poisoning, for a tattoo made with a single sewing needle?
When would you have time to do this? Making a tatoo with a sewing needle is gonna take hours tbh.

As cool as it may be, its just not worth it in a post apocalyptic world tbh.

Why would you create a tattoo, in a post apocalyptic world, where nothing is sterile and you have no chance of keeping it clean while it heals?

Why would you risk infection in the wound or potential blood poisoning, for a tattoo made with a single sewing needle?

When would you have time to do this? Making a tatoo with a sewing needle is gonna take hours tbh.

As cool as it may be, its just not worth it in a post apocalyptic world tbh.

Spray it with disinfectant? Heck if I know. It is sort of a silly idea, but gamers *do* go crazy over any form of character customization. Anything to set them apart.

Can't wait to run see people running around with tear drops tattooed all over there faces.

• Like 1