capt. beefsteak

Let's be honest we are all killers.. Try your hardest not to lie. Thanks

After 294 hours of gameplay. I agree wholeheartedly. In my opinion. everyone has to go through a process of hardening for the cruel "human" enviroment of DayZ SA. The route we choose and where we end up is ultimately dependent on our own personalities.

Speaking for myself, I was a pretty nice guy when I first started out. This was my first DayZ game and during the first 50 hours of playing the game, I was pretty nice compared to the player I have currently become. I went through these stages.

1st Stage - Learning the game mechanics and trying to talk with people and do wiggles and such.
2nd Stage - Getting killed, being wary of getting killed, and focusing on looting M4s.
3rd stage - Getting KoS and being much more alert about surroundings. No bitterness yet. Decides to learn the way of the Mosin for accuracy and range.
4th Stage - Knows how to play properly[zeroing, scouting, and flanking]. Scouts a lot. Main goal is to help fresh spawns with food and water.
5th Stage - Getting killed by spawn campers whilst on missions to help the new spawns. Quickly realizing that most people don't care about anything except for guns and ammo. Got a bit bitter here.
6th Stage - Main goal of taking out spawn campers. Went well for a while but decided it was not worth it because most spawn campers almost always go in groups.
7th stage - The true loner. Scouts a ton. Live for days. Able to survive longer if needed. Scouts and kills people in large cities up North West with Mosin. Extremely cautious and extremely patient.
8th Stage - Decides to get very bored with the game, having figured out how to kill and how to survive. Starts looking for clans and friends.

9th stage - Becomes reckless because of the group mentality. Would rambo which is completely opposite to how I have been playing. Probably due to wanting to exprience a new play style.
10th stage and current stage - Really start learning to play in a group. Still have a lot to go.

In terms of 1PP servers, I love em'. You feel so safe in 1PP. It's super easy mode. Plus it is immersive. I have played in 1PP for about 40 hours but the downside is that;

1) They are not popular at all and few in number. Around 30 or so last last time I checked. This makes choosing night and day difficult. I have only about 4 good servers for my zone favorited and if they are all night then it's annoying cause I prefer day time and do not like to gamma cheat.

2) Most 1PP servers are 30/30 players which is quite funny. It is soooooooooooooo safe playing in 1PP already but "Hardcore" players/servers don't like playing in 40/40 lol.

3) High ping and client action lag. I actually tested this a ton. Would take a while to draw out weapons.

That's why I switched back to 3PP.  

In terms of 1PP servers, I love em'. You feel so safe in 1PP. It's super easy mode. Plus it is immersive. I have played in 1PP for about 40 hours but the downside is that;

1) They are not popular at all and few in number. Around 30 or so last last time I checked. This makes choosing night and day difficult. I have only about 4 good servers for my zone favorited and if they are all night then it's annoying cause I prefer day time and do not like to gamma cheat.

2) Most 1PP servers are 30/30 players which is quite funny. It is soooooooooooooo safe playing in 1PP already but "Hardcore" players/servers don't like playing in 40/40 lol.

3) High ping and client action lag. I actually tested this a ton. Would take a while to draw out weapons.

That's why I switched back to 3PP.  

Seems that I can consider myself lucky.

There are several Hardcore-Servers in my timezone with very good ping and they are on 35+/40 characters most of the time.

Edited by YassirX

You might scream about how nice you are in game but your not. You might claim to feed the needy but you don't. Here is why:

1. The needy want not one can of food but your whole load out.

2. The only people naive enough to play this way are new.

3. Ghosting is at an all time high.

4. The game revolves around payback.

5. The exploits are at an all time high.

If you play for fun, or play for pvp, there is absolutly no incentive to lie about killing people. I've been on the super kind banwagon, and the same fresh spawns knock me out while trying to be helped.. Trust me it's a non issue now.

With over 300hrs in game, if you still play unicef your not doing it right. PVP is the game for the vast majority of the population. It's not call of fucking duty either, it's essentailly arma with Zombies.

I will say those that join on unpopulated servers may legitimatly want to play, but gear is, food, water, melee, gun's, pistol. Dude part of me want's to start a first person hardcore toon to play legit.

Go ahead call me out. I want you to, Any server I log into has empty barracks on balota, nwaf, zelen, outside vibor, and neaf. Hell most places have fucking flashlights and crap pants/shirts dropped on the ground.

My squad usually only attacks armed assholes, who shoot from the cover of trees..

Say well if you getting ghosted your in the same location to long... I say instead of logging your spawn in with an axe behind me, come fight like a man... I think this patch will do alot of justice.. I know it won't completly fix ghosting, but it will give me a little longer to kill the bastard.

i haven't killed anybody on this game nor do i want to.  I have been killed tons of times for no reason, just running along and get sniped, no idea why.  If people want to lay in a bush and snipe why not go play battlefield or something.  There is no point of kos, there is plenty of loot around for everybody, to many people treat this like call of duty, they run and get a gun, they lay down in a bush and shoot people passing by, doesn't even feel like a zombie game or survival game, at this point it feels like a deathmatch game on a huge map, i have a feeling people who struggle at call of duty come on here to camp and get kills.

• Like 1

kill or be killed its as simple as that and i rather be on the killing side.

if you want to truley help me give me that m4 on your back to go on a killing spree because that is what make the game fun for me and about 95% of the population. dont stop me and give me crap like food and drinks because you are wasting both our time because that i time i can spend finding guns and go on a man hunt. the game is fun because hunting man is fun.

TC has nailed this head on especially how he says that people are not interested on your "food" what people want is everything in your inventory

i haven't killed anybody on this game nor do i want to.  I have been killed tons of times for no reason, just running along and get sniped, no idea why.  If people want to lay in a bush and snipe why not go play battlefield or something.  There is no point of kos, there is plenty of loot around for everybody, to many people treat this like call of duty, they run and get a gun, they lay down in a bush and shoot people passing by, doesn't even feel like a zombie game or survival game, at this point it feels like a deathmatch game on a huge map, i have a feeling people who struggle at call of duty come on here to camp and get kills.

so once you have a fully attached m4 with around 1200 rounds what are you going to do with it?

hunting new spawns is a tactic that reduce geared players because once people get geared they kill. if you can keep those players in a respawn cycle its a easy way to be the top dog in the world of dayz.

Edited by BaitedHook

In the mod, I pretty much killed everyone and everyone pretty much killed me. :P

In DayZ, at the start I killed a lot of people, but as I played more and more I realized it's a lot more friendlier than the mod in my experiences. Stopped killing so much, now it's more of a neutral state. I was running around Zelenogorsk the other day unarmed with my other unarmed friend. Our gear in general probably didn't look really threatening, but of course I hear a couple bangs off in the distance and my friend told me he was dead. I let out a sigh of annoyance because Zelenogorsk... ('nuff said). I charged out with my fists up thinking "I don't care if I die, this guy is going down for his heinous crimes." After locating him, he starts firing his SKS at me... goes through seven rounds, emptying the rest of his ammo. I charge him, he runs away and then pulls out a sawn off! I do a complete 180, ran around trying to make him think I was terrified of him and waited for the perfect moment... that sweet, sweet moment where he would empty his last of two rounds. One of them hit, one of them missed, I charged up and punched his lights out, effectively avenging my friend.

If we had run into him and he didn't shoot at us and instead had a different response, he'd probably still have all of his decent gear... and pride. I'll get to the point, I used to be a killer. Now I'm neutral, I probably won't kill you unless you've brought it upon yourself. Actively helping people? Sometimes, but not often.

Personally I've found far more enjoyment in the game while not killing people or at least not killing them immediately.

Edited by Sab

i feed  those in need .. even got my ass blown of after patching a screaming VOIP rapein dude! but that only made me be more careful but not go on barserk mode :) But true since i got SA  90 % ppl are hostile so my gamestile changes acording to it i have to give u that! Just beaten  a bambi seconds after i spawned... rushed me with a fire extinguisher  <_<

i feed  those in need .. even got my ass blown of after patching a screaming VOIP rapein dude! but that only made me be more careful but not go on barserk mode :) But true since i got SA  90 % ppl are hostile so my gamestile changes acording to it i have to give u that! Just beaten  a bambi seconds after i spawned... rushed me with a fire extinguisher  <_<

he made the best tactical decision,

if he won he gets your shit

if he lost he gets a better spawn point potentially

win win for him

especially this patch they made jumping off buildings not killing.

so imagine you spawn in a shit location and there are no zombies in sight....

some dude full geared wants to "help" you by giving you worthless food items since people never hand out nice shit out anyways...

there isnt really another choice

Edited by BaitedHook

Typical response.. This was what I'd personally like to attack.

If your not killing people, your dying

You'd like to attack him, yet you say you aren't a killer?

awatdafak?

Deepfryer, just because people say that they play "neutral", "friendly", or as a "hero" doesn't mean they're a liar, geez. What a conclusion to make from absolutely nothing. It just mean's there's likely a higher amount of people on the forums that play nice than there are people in the game that play nice. In other words, people that participate in the forums are likely more dedicated to DayZ and therefore put more effort into varying play styles rather than just killing on sight. Or maybe it simply means that "killers" don't want to reply to your thread.

Who the hell knows, but your player generalization and continuous "liar" allegations are silly and juvenile man, c'mon.

Vulnerable?? that's fucking funny.. Fully geared guy is super vulnerable here, vs a tired hungry lonley spawn? However, these tired hungry spawns are able to punch out people in no time take your stuff and kill you.. fuck helping them, how is that surviving, risking your own life and the toon you spent hours on, to go help and get knocked the fuck out..

Like I said, nice = "you are dead".. I don't kill everything I see on sight, I like to mix it up, but to say you don't kill, hmm,

No, you're not getting what he is saying. You make yourself vulnerable by thinking that just because you want to play nice and help a fresh spawn means he's gonna play along. If you maintain control of the situation, he will  NEVER have the ability to punch you in the face. If he takes that chance, you blow him in half. Not only does this WORK, it also rewards the cooperative/nice fresh spawns. Don't let your guard down just because YOU want to play nice.

What a terrible reason to give up.

Edited by solodude23

I only really kill on certain situations, armed people (with the gun at the ready) on airfields, or self defence

I agree and i can't imagine why anyone else would be so cautious in a zombie apocalypse or in a land where goofballs kos for fun. They deserve to die, obviously.

You'd like to attack him, yet you say you aren't a killer?

awatdafak?

I'm speaking about his response... Attacking his response..,

Edited by Deepfryer

so once you have a fully attached m4 with around 1200 rounds what are you going to do with it?

hunting new spawns is a tactic that reduce geared players because once people get geared they kill. if you can keep those players in a respawn cycle its a easy way to be the top dog in the world of dayz.

i try and surivive, kill zombies and just adventure around, im not here for a deathmatch, i just literally don't see any point in killing people in this game.  After i spawn and play for maybe an hour or two i am back to having guns, ammo, food etc.. what is the point of shooting some guy with gear half as good as yours or even worse a brand new spawn?  there is no k/d in here, there is no point system for kills, i just don't get it, it's supposed to be the people surviving against zombies, in this game the zombies might as well not be there, because all you have to worry about is people laying in bushes sniping.  This game at this point strongly resemble how GTA IV played online, without vehicles tho.

Edited by kobeandodom

i try and surivive, kill zombies and just adventure around, im not here for a deathmatch, i just literally don't see any point in killing people in this game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably rage daily then.

I see no reason for a gun if you intend soley on killing Zombies, it's a one hit axe situation, as where a gun gives away your position to those that pvp...

Edited by Deepfryer

I only fire in self defense and I haven't even had to do that since SA release. Run into 30+ people now, half of them armed, other half largely new spawns. All but two were friendly and we either parted ways, traded goods, ran together for a bit etc. If you are smart about how you play you will find there are plenty of people out there who don't want to shoot on sight and only do so because they think the other person is a threat. If you act in a non-threatening way, most people ( at least the ones I have encountered anyway ) will respond in kind.

I'd say I'm not a killer.

mostly it's just because I suck and die before having the chance to kill someone.

If you act in a non-threatening way, most people ( at least the ones I have encountered anyway ) will respond in kind.

You've been lucky. I have met a lot of twisted people in this game where they would use voicechat to lie or distract. People are so sneaky xD

I play in highly populated servers and go around to talk with people, help them if necessary, etc. I feed the needy.

I also play with groups/people, as well.

haha you know what you are? you are a leech. You stich with a stronger group and change your master when they gain more power.

There is zero part of his statement that says he leeches. Did you miss the part where he helps people and feeds them? Random conclusions are random.

There are only two kinds of people: one's who seek power (use power as leaders)  and who persuade power (Hide behind the leaders) ;)

Edited by raphier

I'm always helping people, but sometimes there is this moment where i want to go to Elektro, hide on some building or tower and shoot everyone with my mosin until freshpawns or other people can finally kill me....or until my ammo runs out.

haha you know what you are? you are a leech. You stich with a stronger group and change your master when they gain more power.

There is zero part of his statement that says he leeches. Did you miss the part where he helps people and feeds them? Random conclusions are random.

TBH, feeding the needy is bullshit, all your doing is using position power.. Go feed the needy, and show off your weapons... It's no worse than killing anyone.. Nobody in this game is "Needy"... Freaking weirdos