Sign in to follow this  
Sonar CZ

Why can opener?

Because some things like this add either difficulty, or balance to the game and will allow it to increase playability. How fun do you think it would be to just open all cans without an opening tool? It takes survival out of the game and makes it lean more to a deathmatch PVP genre

• Like 2

*Your character has spilled some of the beans on the floor*

Checks bag

1% of beans in the bag...

• Like 2

*Your character has spilled some of the beans on the floor*

Checks bag

1% of beans in the bag...

Would be cool, no?

Yes i agree. But it would be nice to open it like this.Nobody will starve to death because he have not can opener in real life.

Maybe 1minute to make this way? 

No, you only have 1% of the beans, 99% of it was spilled on the floor lol

• Like 1

I like the video, thanks for sharing, but don't worry there will be many ways to open cans in the future. Open with a rock, open with a shovel, open with a wrench... etc... Each will have a different chance of ruining a percentage of the food. Sometimes you have to ignore reality to make the game better.

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE  *preforms suicide animation from the trailer*

Has this turned in to imgur? Seen this four or fives times this week.

reddit-repost.gif

This guy makes Bear Grylls looks like a total wuss...

I have starved to death from not being able to open the cans on me. I even had a crowbar but it wouldnt let me use it to open the cans. They should add more ways of opening cans with different chances of spilling food. At least we can get something out of the can and not die from starvation with food on us.

• Like 2

It is NOT hard when you can find a can opener, ceral, rice, tuna, powdered milk, bayonet, combat knife, splitting axe, fire axe, and whatever else I left out to eat with.

I have starved to death from not being able to open the cans on me. I even had a crowbar but it wouldnt let me use it to open the cans. They should add more ways of opening cans with different chances of spilling food. At least we can get something out of the can and not die from starvation with food on us.

I agree that a few more objects should be able to open cans but remember that some of this is already planned but just got to be implanted.

I just eat the whole thing can and all

You must understand that some things are here for balance and/or for better game experience. Try to remember that feeling when you scavenge for hours, opening cans with just a hacksaw, spilling 50% of your food, and then, you happen to find that CAR OPENER. Finally...

Edited by fisheye

I'm cool with opening a can of anything, without inventory items, by beating it against a rock -- provided at least 75% of it spills.

• Like 1

open can, but open won't

-Master yoda, first playthrough-

Edited by ploulaf

Pretty cool but i think it would be more relevant to the strength of character, which is not yet the case.