Sign in to follow this  
korpisoturi (DayZ)

How many shots does gas pump take

I was wondering how many shots does it take to make gas pump explode.

Theres a lot of videos where people strike them with axe but haven't found one where it blows up from shooting.

So I decided to test this.

First time I tried on gas station near Factory/Solzhny. 200 rounds and nothing happened. Decided that its propably have been blowed up already.

Second test laying on the ground and firing short bursts, pump explodes after 58 bullets (few missed)

Result: it takes 53-58 M4 Bullets to blow up a gas pump.

dnql6Fz.jpg

• Like 3

Also it makes differend sound depending where you hit, don't know if damage changes depending where you hit.

Needs more testing to be done at lonely gas stations across Northern Chernarus! :P

Around 50 rounds sounds right, I went through a full 60mag. 

I wonder if they damage players stood near them though? Or is it just effects & sound?

• Like 1

Around 50 rounds sounds right, I went through a full 60mag. 

I wonder if they damage players stood near them though? Or is it just effects & sound?

Yes I think so. After all youtube is full of players getting killed after they axe the pump until it explodes.

• Like 1

A one A two A three...BOOM!

How many shots does it take to make a gas station blow? The world may never know.

tootsie-pop-owl1.jpg

Edited by KaserinSmarte67
  • Like 8

it took me 54 once. then the next time over 60.

its pretty cool and scares the hell out of you even tho youre expecting it.

can be heard from looong distances.

Yes I think so. After all youtube is full of players getting killed after they axe the pump until it explodes.

excellent-4689_preview.png

I'll be laying down some free loot then! ;)

A one A two A three...BOOM!

How many shots does it take to make a gas station blow? The world may never know.

tootsie-pop-owl1.jpg

lol, do you realize how many people on these forums have no idea what that is from?

I was wondering how many shots does it take to make gas pump explode.

Theres a lot of videos where people strike them with axe but haven't found one where it blows up from shooting.

So I decided to test this.

First time I tried on gas station near Factory/Solzhny. 200 rounds and nothing happened. Decided that its propably have been blowed up already.

Second test laying on the ground and firing short bursts, pump explodes after 58 bullets (few missed)

Result: it takes 53-58 M4 Bullets to blow up a gas pump.

Don't tell me that was you shooting the Electro gas station from a distance last night? A friend and I were watching the EGS last night and saw sparks coming off it. We were about 1,300M away scoped in. Bugged us out for sure. I started shooting the tanks---spark spark---then whoever shot it again---spark spark. It was like we were communicating lol. I think I recorded it, I'll have to check.

From the 4 or so vids I've seen on this it's up to 60 rounds but only a couple of hits with the mighty Fire Axe.

lol, do you realize how many people on these forums have no idea what that is from?

Its not from my time either but I know it very well but yes sadly it is lost on many though I got 7 beans for it so hopefully not that many.

derp

Edited by Gekkonidae

Its not from my time either but I know it very well but yes sadly it is lost on many though I got 7 beans for it so hopefully not that many.

8, motherfucker.

Bro, we ain't THAT young lol

A few days ago me and a mate, both fresh spawns with nothing to lose, tried to blow up the gas pump north of Solnichniy using our bare fist; we got bored before achieving any results, guess we went on for 4-5 minutes at least.

I just made a video of it after reading this thread, I'll post it later.

It took me 81-83 bullets.

Made it:

Please don't crosspost. Stick to the existing topics and don't create new ones.

Please don't crosspost. Stick to the existing topics and don't create new ones.

So I did this video ONLY for this topic?

I didn't even post a discussion about my new video, I just posted it in the Gallery so people could see.