Kushko

Did something just happen to the character servers?

is this a char wipe?

4realz?

or just hive down?

1) Maybe

2) yes..

3) maybe..

Mah long range scope! :( You will be missed...

Though I haven't logged in yet to confirm this, but I have no reason to doubt a wipe of some kind before the update.

Oh well, back to scavenging  :)

Edited by Badass Preacher

Same thing for me  :(

If this is a bug, it's the worst because it takes such time to accumulate things. I can accept any other bug any time but this kind of bug makes you lose the desire to play. Has happened to me several times now and it feels like the game just is to save on new things to lose them suddenly.

I'm angry at myself because I kept playing anyway. Now, surely my new character have saved over the old one I lost with all equipment...

To not only complain I would say that this is the best game that happened for the last 5-10 years

Edited by robertr81

PDZOAuO3_bigger.jpeg ‏@Hicks_206  7m

We're aware of issues people may be experiencing with the hive. We're resolving it, and will be back up momentarily. Please log off + wait.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 7

We're aware of issues people may be experiencing with the hive. We're resolving it, and will be back up momentarily. Please log off + wait.

TY DALLAS

also i gave u beans

Edited by pacific_coast

Same thing for me  :(

If this is a bug, it's the worst because it takes such time to accumulate things. I can accept any other bug any time but this kind of bug makes you lose the desire to play. Has happened to me several times now and it feels like the game just is to save on new things to lose them suddenly.

"The game" isn't even in beta, so it's a bit early to talk about what it is and isn't.

Finally  :thumbsup:  :beans:

• Like 1

"The game" isn't even in beta, so it's a bit early to talk about what it is and isn't.

you do not need to beat in open doors. The product becomes improved of the criticism it receives and it is my personal opinion.

Edited by robertr81

it's not a wipe, only a character server crash.... if it is a wipe, you wouldn't spawn a new character each time you join a server. The only problems are that you can't load your character, which result in a fresh bambi each serverjoin

Logged out an hour ago with a nicely kitted character, and when i was joining the game now i could see that same kitted character in the main menu but when i joined a server i somehow became a fresh spawn and when i tried different servers to see if i could get my character back i was spawned as a fresh spawn in a different location every time (meaning it was resetting me to a new fresh spawn each time i logged in to another server...also i did not make a mistake in choosing a hardcore or experimental server in any of those occasions).

Dont get me wrong, i'm well aware its alpha and that these things happen and im not really fussed about my gear since i can get that back in a couple hours (and besides gearing up is one of the finer aspects of the game anyway :)). I'm just wondering what is going on.

Cheers.

Same thing here on my server

Yea i keep getting new spawns all over the place meh i just kitted my char up again after having no blood and had to get defibt .. after zombies found my char nice to kill at the point i started to desync ...

I don't mind the character reset, but I do mind not being able to play!!! I have to go to bed soon and I have work tomorrow. I don't want to wait 19 hours until I can play again.

Jesus fucking Christ.. im fucking down with this game until they fix, or stop wiping characters..

That probably won't happen until final release. It's best to not get attached.

Seems to have rolled back my character to the semi-geared up one I had before all the trouble with the constant wipes and resets. They have possibly fixed the issue.

1. We're taking steps to ensure we don't experience issues like this again - my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

2.  Favorite 

More

Servers + The Hive are coming back online now. Minimal issues should be present with characters.

I just got out of game and my character is back.  :)  

When trying to express oneself, it's frankly quite absurd,
To leaf through lengthy lexicons to find the perfect word.
A little spontaniaty keeps conversation keen,
You need to find a way to say, precisely what you mean...

Dayzeealphafragalisticexpialidociuos!

Even though the sound of it is something quite atrosicous!
If you say it loud enough, you'll always sound precocious,

Dayzeealphafragalisticexpialidociuos!
Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye
Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye

Problem resolved, thanks for the work! GREAT WORKKKKK! TEAM DAYZ I LOVE you <3 :thumbsup:  , take my beans!  :beans:

Edited by Ounissi

Good news and bad news. The good news is that the hive and our characters are back. The bad news is that all the progress I made in today's session seems to be gone. So I'm short a black tactical vest and a .357 magnum and about five kilometers of travel. Well, shit. Could be worse.