Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

How often do you die from glitches?

I died when my character tried to grab a ladder but instead ran off the side of the building.

I died when I was on top of the fire station and I fell through the floors.

And I died suddenly when I was inside a big appartement complex when no one was on the server.

But I mostly die because my friends and I are messing around and we shoot ourselfs.

• Like 1

It's weird because I've accidentally stumbled into walls/buildings more then a few times (most of the times I was lagging, don't know if that was the cause) but haven't died from it one single time. The only time that was the cause of my death was because a zombie happened to be trapped in the same invisible room :( Couldn't move and the zombie was just there hitting me.. Most of the times I can get out of the glitched-in spaces too, running with fists up, climb-over-object/jump [default V] or lying down [default Z] does the trick more often then not. 

But yes I've died more often to glitches then due to other players or zombies, though I think that's also slightly because of my cautious game style most of the time. (I try to encounter as little strangers as possible when not playing with friends). Had quite a few ladders bugs and character wipes/resets in my many hours of playing but I've gotten numb to it now.

Edited by Problematic

I've had a lot of deaths from ladders at the beginning, but it seems if I make sure I'm standing up (not crouched or prone) before using them, I no longer fall off them.

Edited by Souli

had a few painful ones, but on the plus side I ain't ever once had mysterious broken bones and that really was a pain to deal with at times..

The only time I've died from a "glitch" is when I logged off of one server within a zombie spawn area. When I logged into another server, I was experiencing desync and a zombie killed me before I had a chance to sync up. I wouldn't really call that a glitch though. It was more like poor planning on my part. Shouldn't log out in unsafe locations.

Also, you won't die from falling in the current build. You can jump off of anything and it won't kill you.

Maybe Ive been extremely lucky but I haven't died to the usual mod suspects yet in SA.  No ladders or rocks breaking legs, no door deaths.  I did fall off the side of a building but thats on me.  Have been pleasantly sursprised about it.

EDIT...spelling

Edited by Phooey

i got teleported on top of a building and a jumped off, there was no other way, i only broke my legs, so lucky 

Never died from a glitch. :thumbsup: :beans: :P

Ahh, I was wrong, I remember I died one time at the ship. :(

I have never died from a ladder.  But I'm OCD-like careful.  I make sure I'm not being chased and head for a ladder.  That is a recipe for death.  When I walk up to a ladder I make sure that the white arrow head up or down is clearly on my screen, remove my hands from my mouse and keyboard, make sure the arrow head is still there.. and THEN hit the F key.

I've yet to have a problem on a ladder using this method.

I hadn't died for a week. had over 700 rounds for my M4. was ready to go! then I got pulled off the airtraffic tower at the NEAF or blown off by a gust of wind I guess?

Finally happened, fell off the top story of berezino apartment buildings while playing with my inventory. Got a lucky Berezino Spawn and got all my stuff back.. Pants ruined and 3 lots of ammo.. everything else was fine.

I had an almost fully gear character with a huge stockpile of food, bullets, pristine M4 with a lot of attachments.. walked into a building, bumped into a wall, kept walking through it and died. Needless to say I was pretty pissed.. how often does this happen to you guys, and are there specific buildings I should avoid if its regular?

thanks

Loads of times, it gets quite infuriating, happening when you are lagging?

one time i got stuck behind a rock at the quarry, which then catapulted me into the air and killed me.  But thats the only time.

I had an almost fully gear character with a huge stockpile of food, bullets, pristine M4 with a lot of attachments.. walked into a building, bumped into a wall, kept walking through it and died. Needless to say I was pretty pissed.. how often does this happen to you guys, and are there specific buildings I should avoid if its regular?

2 things that will help u most would be :

1-When u are inside a buidling, start walking slowly! - This fixes the dead-glitching shitfuck situations for me -  I only die in buildings if I have not enough action and forget to stop running. I run into steps - BAM - I am stuck into a wall or / BAM  I am dead ...

2-when u climb ladders , just put away everything U have in your hands !

If you just follow these 2 steps , AND OF COURSE ... if you dont try to climb big mountains and avoid rocks on the floor .... u will die less.