Sign in to follow this  
angrybird9

Realistic Zombie Behavior - and Birds !

So accordingly to people says zombies in dayz not supernatural thing they are just infected human beings and our chars are immune to this infection. 

- With that theory ( actually i love that theory ) zombies are just hungry predator animals. They attack people not because we are enemy, we are food for them. Ok then. 

- So predator animals attacks the most weak prey. If i hurt a random guy i met, while chasing by 15 zombies. Zombies must disengage me attack him and eat him.

- maybe theres a system or time count for zombies keep eating him and ignore me.  

- while zombies eating him if i try to save him or get too close his body they must attack me ( i mean on wild life documentaries lion hunts a deer and tries cover his food from other animals until hes done ) 

- zombies should act like wolf pack on this kind of situations, they can fight each other to eat dead guy sometimes. 

- well fed zombies should be slower and covered with blood. 

- with that way we can distract them using raw meat or body parts and blood. ( of course its gonna be loud :) )

- So about the crows and birds.

in dayz Mod dead bodies was making a fly sound and that makes finding corpses easier. 

here is the thing -  crows and vultures spawns 200 mt. away from dead body ( in air or on trees ), flies to dead guys location and start drawing circles like old western movies. Im not trying to say that should happen every time someone dies. 3 to 1 chance is good for that :)    we can see crows flying above the town and be more cautious in there.

- Sniper's worst enemy the BIRD :D

also we need birds on trees.

- If someone in treeline birds does not sing.

- if you shoot your gun in there birds gonna fly and reveal your possible location.

- also we need idenical bird sounds to know them in trees.

That would be nice feature for sniper wars. Sniper needs to relocate after shot. 

- Plz devs put some nice harmless birds at sniper hot spots and give fresh spawn guy a chance. 

Well some of these things seem hard to implement , like zombies eating bodies although I have always wanted the zombies to eat dead bodies as a way to clean up the server, that way bodies wouldn't need to disappear . The distraction system should defly come along in my opinion , but based on the lore of dayz I don't know what these zombies would be attracted to ? But I would love to see zombies get bloody when they attack , and imagine a zed eating too much (survivor) before server restart so that it's stomach explodes haha . Probly hard to put in game though to be honest . And on birds , it'd be cool to see scavenger birds eat dead bodies of Zeds and people , that is if scavenger birds are native to chernarus and if the bodies of Zeds and survivors would stay for more than 10 mins .

In Vietnam, practiced snipers would lay down grains of rice. If anyone came near, any birds feeding on the rice would fly away, which could be used as a way to detect an intruder. This would be a nice feature in DayZ, I feel.

But, to counter that tactic, American snipers would throw twigs at the birds, and then flank around to catch the enemy sniper off guard.

• Like 2

I would like to see zombies behave like the ones on Resident Evil 1, 2, 3

• Like 2

I would like to see zombies behave like the ones on Resident Evil 1, 2, 3

I would like to see that too. But let's not forget that the zombies in Biohazard/Resident Evil were infected by the T or G virus. Those zombies were dead people coming back to "life" as zombies to spread the infection.

It seems the zombies in DayZ are "infected people" running around like rabid animals.

Edit.  : Hmm. After some more research, I found out from the DayZ mod and SA wiki that the zombies in DayZ are called zombies. By it's definition, a zombie is an undead creature. So logic would imply that whoever said that the zombies in DayZ are just living people infected by some virus ( I really hope it's not Dean himself that said that...) is either wrong, or we need to call those infected humans differently. Like "infected" or something.  (ironic/sarcastic edit)

Let's not forget that most of the zombie lore did not come from cinema, and most cultures on this planet had it's own version of the zombie. Before Night of the Living Dead there was The Epic of Gilgamesh...

Edited by Odin Lowe

I would like to see that too. But let's not forget that the zombies in Biohazard/Resident Evil were infected by the T or G virus. Those zombies were dead people coming back to "life" as zombies to spread the infection.

It seems the zombies in DayZ are "infected people" running around like rabid animals.

Edit.  : Hmm. After some more research, I found out from the DayZ mod and SA wiki that the zombies in DayZ are called zombies. By it's definition, a zombie is an undead creature. So logic would imply that whoever said that the zombies in DayZ are just living people infected by some virus ( I really hope it's not Dean himself that said that...) is either wrong, or we need to call those infected humans differently. Like "infected" or something.  (ironic/sarcastic edit)

Let's not forget that most of the zombie lore did not come from cinema, and most cultures on this planet had it's own version of the zombie. Before Night of the Living Dead there was The Epic of Gilgamesh...

zombies are not real, so I don't really care the technical definition...as far as I know...zombies in resident evil are people infected with T-Virus that takes over the body and the ones in DayZ are pretty much the same, the only difference is that we do not know the source of the infection. Either way, they're already dead. So I think zombies apply pretty well to both cases

PD: I mean zombies from Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3...4, 5, 6, ORC does not apply to this (and the games were fucking awful too)