Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

Game really hard on high-pop servers

So I've tried the experimental patch since I wanted to see the SKS. I have to admit, populated servers are really hard and I was wondering if thats an issue or working as intended. I've been restarting on the same server 3 times and died 3 times in a row due to starvation. Every single building is looted, and all I'm able to find are discarded flashlights and pants. I've tried 3 different directions since I spawned, each and every one resulted arriving in a completely looted town, even when I intentionally skipped towns after finding out they are looted I just kept bumping into rotten oranges, the occasional hammer and useless headgear.

Is this how a populated server should behave like, or I'm doing something wrong?

• Like 1

It`s because they miss restarting them. I don`t know why.

Game really hard on high-pop servers = Game really hard on experimental servers Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've noticed these servers don't experience the regular restarts like regular ones do... I just wait for the patch.

Game really hard on high-pop servers = Game really hard on experimental servers

Well I am not aware of any restarting mechanic, I made this in the new player section because I'm precisely that..

if you died to starvation on a high-pop server, you are doing nothing wrong. actually, you are doing much better than a large portion of the player base. beans for that

• Like 3

Why is that? Because of bandits? Typically they are very easy to deal with from my experience, and often use the most idiotic bluffs. "friendly friendly" while charging me with an axe.. alright, better let my guard down since he just said he's friendly.

• Like 4

people who kill on sight will be your biggest concern on most populated servers. So if you died of starving or water than you were doing good not being seen and shot. But yes, I think it's a known issue that things are pretty well picked over on populated servers.

Is this how a populated server should behave like, or I'm doing something wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. The Experimental servers are supposed to be restarting every 4 hours, but I've never encountered one restarting at all. They must be, OFC, as I've logged in at times and found unlooted towns but can't attest to the regularity.

You're not doing anything wrong. The Experimental servers are supposed to be restarting every 4 hours, but I've never encountered one restarting at all. They must be, OFC, as I've logged in at times and found unlooted towns but can't attest to the regularity.

The UK servers are, the one I was on yesterday had unlooted stuff when I started playing, then rebooted as I did my suicide run into Elektro (I wanted my experimental char to go out in a blaze of glory before she got wiped).

The german ones I tried to play over the weekend never restarted in two days or so.

Game really hard on high-pop servers = Game really hard on experimental servers

How is this helpful in the slightest? He is clearly talking about the lack of loot because the servers do not restart.

Ultimately no loot will spawn if the server doesn't restart because loot spawning is broken at this point. Just play on servers that have regular restarts in order to enjoy the game... or be really lucky and wait for a server restart on the experimental branches.

Edited by jesquik