Sign in to follow this  
barbarcov@web.de

Real only PvE

It would be great if there would be an option that you cant do any damage to player on a real PvE-server or losing all things they got or get banned or both.

Beating zombies, eating, drink .... can be enoguh, if there are lots of zombies or/and not much food and drinks.

No, it won't be implemented. Learn it once and for all, that you are expected to feel constant threat from other players here. If you want to fight zombies, go play Plants vs Zombies.

• Like 3

Yep, just an idea, but this is against one of the core pillars of the game: human interaction in all his forms and risks.

Without that, DayZ would be nothing. I doubt then that devs will ever look into this idea, if not in many time after the final release.

But this mode would need a separate hive (clearly), so it's not likely possible atm.

I don't know if with modding you will ever get this either. That wouldn't be efficient.

Anyway I hope only PVE never comes, in any form.

P.S.: it's the 171616272 time that I read this idea...maybe searching would be a good idea in future :/

Edited by Gugolas

Im just thinking about people who would like to play the game but dont want get killed all the time and thats the reason why the dont buy the game.

This is a survival game, if you're getting killed all the time, you're losing the game all the time. Instead of disabling PvP, zombies, thirst, hunger, fall damage and disease, you should use every opportunity(death) to learn and improve yourself.

• Like 1

Just an idea...

a weak one.

Im just thinking about people who would like to play the game but dont want get killed all the time and thats the reason why the dont buy the game.

Then teach them how to play with guile and craft and stealth and intelligence.

Dayz punishes stupidity. Want to die less but lacking in the grey matter department?

Unlucky!

not in this game.

And i thought Bohemia Interactive would be happy for every sold copy.

to appeal to all possible demographic, you usually have to compromise to the point of becoming mediocre.

• Like 1

This is a survival game, if you're getting killed all the time, you're losing the game all the time. Instead of disabling PvP, zombies, thirst, hunger, fall damage and disease, you should use every opportunity(death) to learn and improve yourself.

Took the words out my mouth Dallas.

Guess what, I've been playing DayZ for around 35 hours (Steam records) and players killed me.... eh.. once? maybe twice? So believe me, if someone is not capable of taking care of their surrounding and moving their asses safely, DayZ is not a game for them.

Edited by yogi92

Players are part of the environment. It wouldn't be DayZ if friendly fire was turned off.

I really have no idea what the attraction to PvE is - without other players, and the threat of getting shot, DayZ is not the same game at all.

Still so many naive young chaps joining the DayZ ranks... aaahh, a breath of stale air to say the least ^_^

With time my son.. you and your 9 posts will understand the true ruggedness of the DayZ mentality :P

There is nothing else quite like DayZ. Thats why most of us that stalk these forums alot are a bit blunt when ideas like these pop up. 

Edited by liquidcactus

Can the mods just make a PVE Topic on the forum so all these dumb "hats +10" , "I was killed by someone" and " Can we have PVE Servers" threads can all go in there and stop cluttering up this Topic?

I really have no idea what the attraction to PvE is - without other players, and the threat of getting shot, DayZ is not the same game at all.

the attraction has alot to do with ignorance and frustration. 

I dont care if i get killed.

I know that, dying is important for the game, but i think you are badass DayZ players and hate everyone who didnt think the way you do.

Nobody was asking for disableing hunger or something.

I like the slow, not comfortable playstyle, the risk of meeting other players, that the game allway trying to kill you and so on.

Its the best learning by doing game that i know.

Edited by Unreallido