Sign in to follow this  
Kaczor

DayZ Alpha - How is it possible?

So how is it possible that after working for almost two years on a server architecture of the game there is still no possibility to spawn loot/zombies in real time with a good performance? After it came out i thought "Okey its just a beginning, they want to test if it work correct etc.", but after 2 months after launch  there's still no sight of this? How is it possible? How is it possible that game about Zombies and Scavenging don't have those things implemented even in the most basic form? I KNOW THIS IS ALPHA, but alpha is supposed to have working/almost working basic mechanics and these are NULL done. Why after so "much" much work put in this, we get rubberbandings(is it correct writing?)/desyncs often as hell/laggy items. I won't continue with shitty movement, shitty controls, glitchy buildings, glitchy ladders, glitchy jumping, glitchy collisions, shitty zombies etc. BUT AT LEAST WE CAN PAINT OUR MOSIN BLACK, GREAT. I just would like to know if and when this things will be solved.

How is it possible that Rust is much more polished although it was developed from the scratches when DayZ had a solid foundation under it, and big company behind it. 

If you want to write only "ITS ONLY ALFA DUDE, STFU" then please don't.

Edited by Kaczor
  • Like 3

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

• Like 12

Congratulations. You are the millionth poster of a thread like this.

Am I being helpful? No. But neither are you. If you hate everything so much, go play some other game and grab a cup of chill the fuck out :)

• Like 8

So how is it possible that after working for almost two years on a server architecture of the game there is still no possibility to spawn loot/zombies in real time with a good performance? After it came out i thought "Okey its just a beginning, they want to test if it work correct etc.", but after 2 months after launch  there's still no sight of this? How is it possible? How is it possible that game about Zombies and Scavenging don't have those things implemented even in the most basic form? I KNOW THIS IS ALPHA, but alpha is supposed to have working/almost working basic mechanics and these are NULL done. Why after so "much" much work put in this, we get rubberbandings(is it correct writing?)/desyncs often as hell/laggy items. I won't continue with shitty movement, shitty controls, glitchy buildings, glitchy ladders, glitchy jumping, glitchy collisions, shitty zombies etc. I just would like to know if and when this things will be solved.

How is it possible that Rust is much more polished although it was developed from the scratches when DayZ had a solid foundation under it, and big company behind it. 

"ITS ONLY ALFA DUDE, STFU"

sorry kacsor my good man, couldn't resist ;)

Edited by Jock McScottish
  • Like 1

I'm guessing they don't have a huge dev team, actually my guess is that its pretty small, you need to realise that dayz is a side project of a fairly small independent company.

spawning zombies are not what they are intending to do.

their plan is to spawn a certain number of zombies when the server starts and get them to migrate from town to town.

Before I continue explaining to you how game development stages works, can I ask what is your experience in developing games?

EDIT: If you really care to know the game at this stage is only 20% of the complete game.

Edited by r0b1n86

So how is it possible that after working for almost two years on a server architecture of the game there is still no possibility to spawn loot/zombies in real time with a good performance? After it came out i thought "Okey its just a beginning, they want to test if it work correct etc.", but after 2 months after launch  there's still no sight of this? How is it possible? How is it possible that game about Zombies and Scavenging don't have those things implemented even in the most basic form? I KNOW THIS IS ALPHA, but alpha is supposed to have working/almost working basic mechanics and these are NULL done. Why after so "much" much work put in this, we get rubberbandings(is it correct writing?)/desyncs often as hell/laggy items. I won't continue with shitty movement, shitty controls, glitchy buildings, glitchy ladders, glitchy jumping, glitchy collisions, shitty zombies etc. I just would like to know if and when this things will be solved.

glitches are what you have to expect in an alpha. rubberbanding, desyncs, duping and lags are what you have to expect if you use arma2's 5year old engine that was well-known for its horrible performance. obliterating the ill-designed bullshit takes some time, rather rate them based on the current speed of progress.

Because the dev team is too small and bohemia is greedy and they are using an outdated junk pile of an engine. Those are basically the reasons why this game is in such a state. 

• Like 2

Congratulations. You are the millionth poster of a thread like this.

Am I being helpful? No. But neither are you. If you hate everything so much, go play some other game and grab a cup of chill the fuck out :)

You tell him bro, you deserve some beans :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

• Like 1

Not excactly from scratch, these guys already had tons of money from an extremely popular mod, and i guess their engine is a version of the GA one. 

Their engine is Unity 3D if im not wrong. They had much more work than BI to make this functional.

Edited by Kaczor

Hi.

I admittedly don't know much about Rust, but I'm under the impression its an open empty world, with no ai, houses, towns or cities. Maybe just me, but that sounds like it would be a shitload easier to polish.

O and by the way, "ITS ONLY ALFA DUDE, STFU" :P

Regards.

Is there like some evil machine out there cranking out idiots whose sole purpose in this world is to post over-discussed and retarded threads in General Discussion?

Please tell me where it is so I can destroy it

• Like 6

Because the dev team is too small and bohemia is greedy and they are using an outdated junk pile of an engine. Those are basically the reasons why this game is in such a state. 

You realize that Bohemia are known for devloping games that are NOT main stream? This makes them greedy how? I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.

• Like 1

You realize that Bohemia are known for devloping games that are NOT main stream? This makes them greedy how? I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.

Because DayZ is one of their biggest and most Lucrative product ( despite of those military projects ) and they are not spending much to make it better.

• Like 1

Greedy as in they make millions and refuse to hire more developers and fix core engine limitations before releasing a game (*COUGH* Arma 3)

• Like 1

Greedy as in they make millions and refuse to hire more developers and fix core engine limitations before releasing a game (*COUGH* Arma 3)

If you think this, why are you even here ?

• Like 1

You should have to sign some kind of legal contract saying "Before I pay a small amount of money to help test an alpha of a game, I agree that it's simply the early framework. And should provide construct feed back to help improve the game. Instead of constantly whinging, is it ready yet!"

It's a massive, complicated engine that wasn't designed for most of these features. Go play something else if you don't like it.

• Like 1

It'll most prob take 6months for a new guy to come on board and be productive, the skill is currently there.

But each new set of features need to be tested per sprint. We are technically the testers. As we provide feedback, new adjustments are made then new testing begins.

No matter how many devs or designers you have it takes time.

Edited by Brok21k

They will have budgets, financial targets etc that they must stick to. Game development is a business and in order to be successful Bohemia will be doing everything to deliver the finished game(eventually) at the right cost. Comparisons to Rust are just ridiculous, the gameworld size, number of dynamic objects and many more things dwarf Rust incomparison and any argument using rust is NULL and VOID because of that. I'd also like to point out its state in regards to development but without the use of the "A" word incase I upset any of the children in the room. It is in a state of development that can be compared to a child in infancy i.e growing, not functioning fully and developing whilst learning from mistakes that are made. If you are going to complain about it, please come back in another 12 months time when the game will then be able to tell you itself where to go. And it wont be to Cherno.

Edited by MartinD
  • Like 1

They will have budgets, financial targets etc that they must stick to. Game development is a business and in order to be successful Bohemia will be doing everything to deliver the finished game(eventually) at the right cost. Comparisons to Rust are just ridiculous, the gameworld size, number of dynamic objects and many more things dwarf Rust incomparison and any argument using rust is NULL and VOID because of that. I'd also like to point out its state in regards to development but without the use of the "A" word incase I upset any of the children in the room. It is in a state of development that can be compared to a child in infancy i.e growing, not functioning fully and developing whilst learning from mistakes that are made. If you are going to complain about it, please come back in another 12 months time when the game will then be able to tell you itself where to go. And it wont be to Cherno.

This game won't be nearly stable in another 12 months, maybe in 2 more years it might be decent, despite the engine rendering problems they won't be able to fix.

This game won't be nearly stable in another 12 months, maybe in 2 more years it might be decent, despite the engine rendering problems they won't be able to fix.

Never said it would be, I just said come back in 12 months and made reference to my analogy about infancy and human development with the joke "it will tell you itself" obviously this both escaped and confused you.

If they released the alpha/beta in a year or more from now you and all the other whiners would cry about it not being released earlier. Rocket probably cant make it right for everyone of you so i hope he sticks to his vision and doesnt give the slightest damn about you folks. Constructive critics are welcome but all you do is rant and more rant. Like a 5 year old child that doesnt get the sweets it wants.

I think the OP should go start up his own indie games company and create a game of the same magnitude to that of DayZ. Then he can come back and post such threads as this, crying about how an alpha, that has quite clearly stated upon purchase to "not to buy the game as its not going to be what you hoped for", hasn't reached his expectations. 

As hard as it may seem to believe, game developers aren't a bunch of magic wizards or gods, who create shit immediately out of thin air. It takes time.....a lot more time than you think. 

Edited by Yorkie065