Sign in to follow this  
stealth_katsu

Difficult to find a hardcore server with a reasonable population

Seems as if all the hardcore servers have very low server populations. Rarely do I see a game which has 20+ people.

Is the community of 1st Person that small? Or I am doing it wrong?

When I go into the main server browser, I have it set to sort by game type to see all 'Hardcore' servers available. Are there other servers that I am just not seeing? Usually there are only 10-12 hardcore servers running in total.

Edited by stealth_katsu

Really?

And don't let the pings fool you. I'm pretty amazed at how great the game plays with anything under 200ms. I used to only search 100 or less but now I play upwards of 200ms ping and everything is fine. AAND I have crappy 3/1 DSL.

2nknptf.png

• Like 1

They fluctuate a lot. I'd assume that the Hardcore community is a pretty small percentage of the entire DayZ community ATM. The good news, though, is that it isn't too difficult for us Hardcore players to find a slot on the Experimental builds. (Yes, I am reaching for ANY silver-lining I can find ;-)

@Sinphaltimus

Okay, maybe not such a small percentage! But ATM I'm on the Experimental build and can only see those servers, so my view may be skewed by that.

Edited by DJPorterNZ

I assume you're talking about US servers? I haven't seen much of a problem on European servers.  I mean there are always hardcore servers with a 20+ pop for me to join if I want to.  I think its certainly true that there are less people playing on the hardcore servers, and you do see quite few with under 10 players, but most of these are in a night cycle.

And don't let the pings fool you. I'm pretty amazed at how great the game plays with anything under 200ms. I used to only search 100 or less but now I play upwards of 200ms ping and everything is fine.

Thanks for "the desync and mouse feels shitty" from the rest of us. :P

• Like 1

Same, theres usualy a good few.

As a side note, do people find there are more positive player interaction on hardcore (i.e. less KOS) or is it just me? 

I do think the naming of HARDCORE puts a lot of people off that dont know it just means 1pp. They see HARDCORE and think it has harsher food, thirst, ect. 

I do hope they add HARDCORE servers with harsher penalties but I do hope that they have a regular server with just 3pp disabled too. Not everyone that doesn't like 3pp also wants to play with harsher penalties.

I assume you're talking about US servers? I haven't seen much of a problem on European servers.  I mean there are always hardcore servers with a 20+ pop for me to join if I want to.  I think its certainly true that there are less people playing on the hardcore servers, and you do see quite few with under 10 players, but most of these are in a night cycle.

This has been part of the issue to my knowledge. Many of the hardcore servers are set to Euro time, making most of the US ones night during prime-time in the US. That being said I dont think that a ping of 200 has had much impact on my ability to play.

I do think the naming of HARDCORE puts a lot of people off that dont know it just means 1pp. They see HARDCORE and think it has harsher food, thirst, ect. 

I do hope they add HARDCORE servers with harsher penalties but I do hope that they have a regular server with just 3pp disabled too. Not everyone that doesn't like 3pp also wants to play with harsher penalties.

+1

I also hope that they allow 1st person without all around harsher penalties. Also, the name "Hardcore" sets a tone, I have had friends not want to join my server becasue they think it is all around harder, when really it's just a different point of view and I think easier to hide with.

move to Europe, there is always 10 - 20 hardcore servers full or close to full during peak playing times.

I will say that my home server "Katastrophe" had 30+ every night until a few nights ago, now the population has dropped off greatly.  Maybe there habe been connection issues or something, but that is just a guess.

Once the 30 second sit down joke is implemented on the stable branch you won't find servers (Hardcore or Regular) with population at all.