Max beans

Berets more useful

I hate how I have to pick between cool hats, or lame helmets that give protection, so why not buff the berets? Here my idea:

UN beret: Take 50% less damage from Players as representing peace and neutrality
Black Beret with star: I look at this as the communist hat of death, so maybe 10+ accuracy
Red Military Beret: 10+ damage on m4, 15+ on mosin, +5 on pistols
Green Defense Beret: 10+ camouflage

I saw an other suggestion for the UN hats to become immune to PVP It's a bit OP imo, but instead players with the same beret can not damage each other, so you can have teams without friendly fire. Also people with the same beret can see eachother if they have a map, so it's easier to relocate your friends.

post-189507-0-95818500-1391396690_thumb.

Edited by Max beans

As there are currently no stats that affect most of your suggestions, I find it difficult that giving a non-existant stat +10 would do anything at all.

As there are currently no stats that affect most of your suggestions, I find it difficult that giving a non-existant stat +10 would do anything at all.

As in accuracy I mean bullet spread

Damage should be self explanatory

As in camouflage I mean harder to spot

No...The game is trying to go realistic.  No +2 Maces or [beret of El Che] Items that give added stats.

• Like 6

no stats that wouldn't exist thankyou. a ballistic helmet provides ballistic protection at certain angles because that's what it is made for. 

wearing a beret doesn't make you a better shot in real life, so no. 

the green beret already achieves better camo without some kind of attribute. 

I don't believe that these sorts of fantasy-RPG-like stats would find an appropriate place inside DayZ. These sorts of items will find themselves a use inside the player creativity, and the roles we might create for ourselves in the game's world using that creatvity!

• Like 1

Sorry, no. Allowing configurable PVE servers to eliminate PVP entirely is one thing, but a hat that makes you immune on PVP servers?  That's just a bad idea.

Probably not going to happen until after they add in the Mage class... Oh, wait... wrong game!

• Like 3

Ok guys were done here , move on me now . I would like to see more things with attributes though , like sunglasses actually blocking sun , plate armor that could act as flak jackets ( or maybe just add flak jackets) to prevent shrapnel or small arms at certain ranges . See like the ballistic helmet these actually have real life attributes , not random rpg +1 strength kind of thing.

• Like 2

How could a hat possibly affect how much damage you take from bullets? :huh:

Edited by Mos1ey

I don't think helmets are lame at all. Motorcycle helmets look badass, especially when combined with either of the sunglasses, not to mention the protection from being insta-KO'd by new spawns trying to box you is extremely useful.

Dallas Mask (Broken) Breaks people's will and makes their screens blurry when in approximation of 6 meters. Night time only.

It's stats like these that make items overpowered and makes others have no use whatsoever.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Wearing a Beret to pose as a specific figure to other survivors is your choice, Either choose to look welcoming - or choose to keep your face intact.

How could a hat possibly affect how much damage you take from bullets? :huh:

I was thinking it would be like a moral thing. As you're representing peace you have more will to live and therefore can take more shots. Also if you don't like it don't read it.

• Like 1

As in accuracy I mean bullet spread

Damage should be self explanatory

As in camouflage I mean harder to spot

Its not possible dude.

Bullet spread is tied to a gun, there is no stat to increase or decrease. Same with Camofluage.

I was thinking it would be like a moral thing. As you're representing peace you have more will to live and therefore can take more shots. Also if you don't like it don't read it.

How do I know I don't like it if I don't read it?

I'm sure there's a few dead UN peacekeepers that would disagree with the whole 'moral over bullets' thing.  That little blue collection of cotton/wool isn't a magic thing that stops bullets.  In real life it signifies that you are a UN Peacekeeper on assignment, and shooting you would have negative repercussions against the shooter and his host country, not the least of which is a bunch of other guys with blue hats shooting back.  And what's to stop a KOSer from wearing the hat simply to get the bonus while he kills others.

How will my green hat make me less visible with my bright orange raincoat?  It won't, just as there won't be any 'Stats' that clothing provides.  A hat is a hat, boots will protect your feet, a raincoat will keep the rain off of you, body armor will protect you a little bit form bullets that hit you in the chest.  Wearing my UH hat doesn't make me better at sports, wearing a pair of golf shoes doesn't make me a better golfer, a special forces beret won't make me an unstoppable killing machine.

Edited by BigMike

You have your opinion that's fine. If you disagree; that's fine but there is no need to spread negativity.

Edited by Max beans

Not to "spread negativity". But BigMike has a valid point, and these Berets are to show other players that you will give them a chance. It is up to them to trust you.

I know that adding stats to clothing or weapons would be "hella tight" - But DayZ isn't that kind of game, DayZ is about significance, strategy, and survival. 

If you want to be camouflaged, strip down to your skin and hide prone on the ground, or even against a tree, I don't know- If you want accuracy, find a rifle. If you want moral, be good to the good and savage to the evil.

But no stats-That is not the strategy DayZ is proposing.

That all I have to say, and nothing more.

• Like 2

Awesome! It would be like Team Fortress 3 MMO......just stop please.

Another troll thread from OP ...

Needless to say, "NO" to his suggestions.