Jezza93

So if the M4 spawns are to be decreased dramatically as civilian weapons are added then...

Then will the M4 recieve the buff it realistically needs, threads in this forum have conclusively proven that it is much less accurate than it should be, they have also shown that the ACOG is only half the magnification it should be.

So as it is one of 4 primary firearms at the moment it is fair that it is,well, shit at medium+ range but as it does become one of the rarest weapons and as players with them are steadily killed off. Do you think it will be given it's realistic stats? Because personally I'd take the SKS anyday at the moment.

I know many for whatever reason feel the M4 actually needs a nerf not a buff, and maybe the damage could be reduced but the accuracy is certainly a different tale.

Just my 50 cents from someone who, doesn't actually know loads about firearms.

• Like 2

We will probably see a lot of tweaks to all the guns over the next few years i would imagine, even (sorry to dare mention it, i must be loco but) CoD updates their weapons after release, i wouldn't by any means think that the m4 is in its final form ;)

The shotty and FNX just received some tweaks in last experimental as well.

• Like 2

Speaking of which is the FNX now worth having over the Magnum with it's bigger ammo capacity or is it still a bit of a no no?

I know many for whatever reason feel the M4 actually needs a nerf not a buff, and maybe the damage could be reduced but the accuracy is certainly a different tale.

Damage should be increased IMO. As someone on Reddit put it, "battles aren't won with caliber"... it should be less about 5.56 vs 7.62 and more about good hits vs bad hits. The M4's 5.56 may have half the muzzle energy of the Mosin's 7.62, that shouldn't mean it's half as effective when you shoot someone with it.

• Like 3

Use the M4 with Buttstock MP + Handguard MP and you will be surprised by how accurate the M4 already is.

• Like 2

Yeah I know Yassir,I did have that shortly ago and it was good,but not quite as good as perhaps it should be. 

Speaking of which is the FNX now worth having over the Magnum with it's bigger ammo capacity or is it still a bit of a no no?

Well i killed a guy with a single chambered bullet from one building (i was on the second story) into another (he was on the 3rd story) who was across the street sniping at me, so yeah the FNX seems a lot more reliable ... better than the .357 ... unsure yet, it's hard to give up a classy revolver!

Well on my current character I'm civilian so I'll stick with the magnum,but I guess next time I go military maybe I'll switch to it :)

• Like 1

I think if the M4 gets its spawn lowered because attacments are hard enough to find i believe the grade for finding the attachments needs to be a little higher like maybe stay around worn and dont go down any lower than that per say until you find them and start using them more.

They need to keep the old magnum sound to the new one just sounds hideous.

Maybe Rocket wants the M4 to be the swiss army knife of firearms, Pretty good at a lot of things but not excellent at anyone thing. Already you can slap a flashlight onto the side and with the bayonet able to open cans, you can save 2 slots in your pack. Combine that with the ability to carry up to 60 rounds before reloading, you have a weapon that can be used to clear buildings and do a little bit sniping. 

I do agree with your point about fixing the ACOG not sure what the hold up is with regards to fixing the magnification

Maybe Rocket wants the M4 to be the swiss army knife of firearms, Pretty good at a lot of things but not excellent at anyone thing. Already you can slap a flashlight onto the side and with the bayonet able to open cans, you can save 2 slots in your pack. Combine that with the ability to carry up to 60 rounds before reloading, you have a weapon that can be used to clear buildings and do a little bit sniping. 

I do agree with your point about fixing the ACOG not sure what the hold up is with regards to fixing the magnification

yeah id agree on that. The weapon does seem like a jack of all trades. I would like to see MORE weapons like that besides the M4A1 though to be honest. There are many more military weapons that can be put in both foreign and American that are jacks of all trades.

• Like 1

The bayonet can open cans? Without losing half of it or? If so then this is quite the revelation.

These posts are kind of pointless...

Does anyone actually think yelling "Change the M4 now" or "stop adding boot variants in game and fix ladders" is going to make the devs change their development schedule?

No, it's not.

Stop asking for stuff now - be constructive about the future.

These posts are kind of pointless...

Does anyone actually think yelling "Change the M4 now" or "stop adding boot variants in game and fix ladders" is going to make the devs change their development schedule?

No, it's not.

Stop asking for stuff now - be constructive about the future.

No its all pretty lvl headed in discussion as of right now. No ones upset as fare as i know. Constructive can come in the form of ideas about weapons damage as well as variety of items to. But if by this you mean it should be in suggestions forums than yes it should.

The bayonet can open cans? Without losing half of it or? If so then this is quite the revelation.

Honestly, I have not tried it, just read about it online. I'll try it out when I log on later

I like all the new boots :D

And back to the topic, the M4 is fairly accurate in this game you guys just don't know how to handle it, have you ever handled one in real life? And shot hundreds of rounds from it? I had an M4 with a RIS and an ACOG and was knocking Zeds down from hundreds of meters away, you guys are too used to playing BF4 and CoD where you just mash on your left click button and something dies, there is a reason most military issue M4's (IRL) only come with two firing selectors, Semi and Burst, because you only have to place a few rounds where it counts, next time try going single action style with it or burst, you will be very surprised at the results.

Damage should be increased IMO. As someone on Reddit put it, "battles aren't won with caliber"... it should be less about 5.56 vs 7.62 and more about good hits vs bad hits. The M4's 5.56 may have half the muzzle energy of the Mosin's 7.62, that shouldn't mean it's half as effective when you shoot someone with it.

Battlefield 3 strayed from that idea and went to caliber fights as opposed to the more balanced hit-system from BC2 and it ended up with some of the most one-sided and gun-whoring gameplay for the first several patches of the game after its release. 

To an extent I agree with your system

Honestly, I have not tried it, just read about it online. I'll try it out when I log on later

Just tried it out and yes, you do lose some of the food out of the cans

Actually Teuful there is a thread somewhere on the forum showing the accuracy difference of the M4 from Arma 2 to DayZ,and it's quite substantial.

I like all the new boots :D

And back to the topic, the M4 is fairly accurate in this game you guys just don't know how to handle it, have you ever handled one in real life? And shot hundreds of rounds from it? I had an M4 with a RIS and an ACOG and was knocking Zeds down from hundreds of meters away, you guys are too used to playing BF4 and CoD where you just mash on your left click button and something dies, there is a reason most military issue M4's (IRL) only come with two firing selectors, Semi and Burst, because you only have to place a few rounds where it counts, next time try going single action style with it or burst, you will be very surprised at the results.

No but i just went to the Gander Mountain website and they sell full blown military/swat grade weapons super cheap. Its really super fucking scary how easy it is to get firearms in the states. I had no idea my local hunting shop even carried these weapons.

You can buy Sig Sauer 556 for about a couple hundred over 1k! Im like WTF?!!! Those are super effective AR/AK hybrids too.

Edited by Deathlove

No but i just went to the Gander Mountain website and they sell full blown military/swat grade weapons super cheap. Its really super fucking awesome how easy it is to get firearms in the states. I had no idea my local hunting shop even carried these weapons.

/fixed

second amendment :D

I agree to an extent. I think the m4 should have a drastic range penalty in the future. And to the people who would say,"Errrr bert Derthterx, the M-fer is ercurrate ern real lerf erp ter lerk fer-herndred yerds n sterf etc. etc." well I would say that you dont starve in 3 hours in real life, but it's about gameplay balance. M4 should be an awesome town clearing CQB weapon for the game, not an all-around DMR-AR 

:D

• Like 2

/fixed

second amendment :D

I agree to an extent. I think the m4 should have a drastic range penalty in the future. And to the people who would say,"Errrr bert Derthterx, the M-fer is ercurrate ern real lerf erp ter lerk fer-herndred yerds n sterf etc. etc." well I would say that you dont starve in 3 hours in real life, but it's about gameplay balance. M4 should be an awesome town clearing CQB weapon for the game, not an all-around DMR-AR 

:D

Well its awesome but its very scary at the same time. Considering how easy it is to get an MP 5/10

Actually Teuful there is a thread somewhere on the forum showing the accuracy difference of the M4 from Arma 2 to DayZ,and it's quite substantial.

I know that thread and he compared the MoD-M4 with the Standard SA-M4.

If you attach the M4 with MP-Attachments it will have a drastically lower dispersion.

The Buttstock MP alone reduces it by 600% and the Handguard MP reduces it even further.

I shot with an M4 with those Attachments and ACOG from 400m away, pin point accuracy.

I could even shot targets from further away but due to a Bug (ACOG only magnifies by 1.5 instead of x4) I can't see the bullet hits.

Maybe I will try to log on an empty server and shot some zombies from those distances... this way I can see the long range accuracy.

But I expect the M4 to be able to hit from up to 700m away (maybe even further, depending on bullet drop when zeroed to 700m) with those attachments and ACOG scope.

Edited by YassirX

Well its awesome but its very scary at the same time. Considering how easy it is to get an MP 5/10

I personally think that weapons being harder to come by for law abiding citizens is much more frightening, but you are entitled to your opinion :D

BACK to the topic...

I know that thread and he compared the MoD-M4 with the Standard SA-M4.

If you attach the M4 with MP-Attachments it will have a drastically lower dispersion.

The Buttstock MP alone reduces it by 600% and the Handguard MP reduces it even further.

I shot with an M4 with those Attachments and ACOG from 400m away, pin point accuracy.

I could even shot targets from further away but due to a Bug (ACOG only magnifies by 1.5 instead of x4) I can't see the bullet hits.

This means that I would need a second person with long range scope to track my hits... which I lack currently.

But I expect die M4 to be able to hit from up to 700m away with those attachments and ACOG scope.

Maybe I will try to log on an empty server and shot some zombies from those distances... this way I can see the long range accuracy.

Done it. The m4 is crazy accurate for an AR at distances over 500m. Checked it out at NWAF a while ago pot shottin zombies at opposite ends of the runway.

I'd disagree with this on the basis that a 5.56 is a "stopping" round, and a 7.62 is a "fatality" round. The two rounds are designed for different effect when they hit flesh.