Sign in to follow this  
over9000nukez

if you could bring anything (within reason) from dayz mod to standalone, what would it be?

there in lies the question.

personally, vehicles, other maps, more variety of weapons from the mod,

what do you guys think?

The CROSSBOW. Add in a quiver you can put on your back/hip, and I will be the silent hunter of the Svetloyarsk ranges.

Vechicles and traps probably will be added sooner or later.

So I would bring (modifited to be less exploitable) humanity system and bandit/hero/survivor skins (modifited for standalone).

nothing because what is in the mod that actuall fits the zed apoc survival aspects of the game its ment to be will be in SA sooner or later. You have to rememeber Dayz became a very different type of game once the mods of the mod came about ( and some had some cool features) but things like wwhat epoch had with currency and npcs ( gold bars etc other metals) probably dont belong in the SA.

Farming will be cool as a long term survival aspect but npc run shops accepting metal bars well thats civilisation dont think SA is looking to go that far ahead in humans return to old ways( and if people KOS ways is a true indicator the human race never would get back to it we would wipe each other out lol..

• Like 1

So I would bring (modifited to be less exploitable) humanity system and bandit/hero/survivor skins (modifited for standalone).

What's the point of equipable clothes then, if everybody gets their skin based on the humanity system?

Personally I would bring back Taviana. It was such a great map with so much variety and cool different places. I would make the bridge a little bit shorter/smaller though.

Edited by Aranthir

I Kind of miss the chopper crashes, they made the wilderness a bit more exciting. I doubt they will be back for a long time though.

• Like 4

I Kind of miss the chopper crashes, they made the wilderness a bit more exciting. I doubt they will be back for a long time though.

this what i miss the chance of finding these little events, kinda liked what epoch did with c130 crashes and what minus the npcs but more zombies. This would be become a high risk loot cause you never know what to expect and usually was a bit nerving. The loot in those doesnt have to be high end and most of it could be civi type events (car recks, small passenger plane crash a surviver camp in the middle of woods and etc, and the heli crash)

Choppers, the "party bus", and loot respawn

i'm all about potential fun :3

Vechicles and traps probably will be added sooner or later.

havent played the mod myself but I'd bring the humanity system back. Makes trusting (or not to) someone a bit easier.

nothing because what is in the mod that actuall fits the zed apoc survival aspects of the game its ment to be will be in SA sooner or later. You have to rememeber Dayz became a very different type of game once the mods of the mod came about ( and some had some cool features) but things like wwhat epoch had with currency and npcs ( gold bars etc other metals) probably dont belong in the SA.

Farming will be cool as a long term survival aspect but npc run shops accepting metal bars well thats civilisation dont think SA is looking to go that far ahead in humans return to old ways( and if people KOS ways is a true indicator the human race never would get back to it we would wipe each other out lol..

Keep in mind that Epoch never was intended to be a survival mod, Epoch was made, and if I quote correctly, this way: "The civilization is trying to recover from a zombie apocalypse and is starting to get shops and houses built up.", though that quote might not be spot on.

I hope helicopters do not make a return. If they do, there should be a large chance they will randomly explode or crash when you use them. It is extremely unlikely that any group of survivors would have the skills and equipment to restore a chopper to flying condition, much less maintain one. The ones that were in good condition would have already been flown out of the country. 

I never played the mod when the ability to build bases was added but tents are high on my list of things I'd like to see implemented soon. (I realize this will require the implementation of the loot spawn systems so I suppose that's the very first thing I'd like to see.)

I hope helicopters do not make a return. If they do, there should be a large chance they will randomly explode or crash when you use them. It is extremely unlikely that any group of survivors would have the skills and equipment to restore a chopper to flying condition, much less maintain one. The ones that were in good condition would have already been flown out of the country. 

I never played the mod when the ability to build bases was added but tents are high on my list of things I'd like to see implemented soon. (I realize this will require the implementation of the loot spawn systems so I suppose that's the very first thing I'd like to see.)

That's why I think there should be books you need to find to maintain and pilot the helicopters in-game. would make much more sense and be so much more immersive 

Crossbow 

Didn't see that one coming 

Didn't see that one coming 

I bet you didn't  :D

I bet you didn't  :D

One of the advantages of a nice, quiet crossbow, eh? :D