Relik (DayZ)

Zombie sound when log in.

Hi, I just logged in a random server and I hear zombie screaming but none are around ( i am in the forest alone) same thing I hear someone eating but ofc no one around I am sure is a bug but never happen before.

Anyone else got this ?

Zombie bunnies!

That's ridiculous...the rabbits only growl and make zombie sounds when you're near them. Doesn't mean they're zombies

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Yeah same thing happened to me before. I also heard random sounds like can opening.

Its a known bug afaik and it should be priority since soundeffects are a vital feature of the gameplay mechanic.

Since then my female chars will moan like a dude.

In my experience if you hear a full zombie groan when entering a server it is indeed a sign that there is a zombie somewhere in the vicinity, just a nice way the game tells you you should be careful. If it is just the cut-off zombie groan then it is part of the weird ambience sounds (like the sound of eating, popping of soda cans, tingling of ammo and other such sounds) and is not sign of an actual zombie being present.

I sometimes hear zombies, shots or openings of cans/drinks even though no one is around.

Especially those shots are getting on my nerves...  

Edited by YassirX

I think the bunnies for now have placeholder zombie sounds. I´m guessing it will be taken out when they introduce deer.

It still scares me, pull out my gun and do a full circle, in an empty forest up north (where they don´t even spawn in the villages or farms yet) :)

I think the bunnies for now have placeholder zombie sounds. I´m guessing it will be taken out when they introduce deer.

It still scares me, pull out my gun and do a full circle, in an empty forest up north (where they don´t even spawn in the villages or farms yet) :)

Why do rabbits even have sounds?