Sign in to follow this  
massam1

DayZ on mac ?

Hi Guys, 

Has anyone tried to run the game on mac yet ? via paralles or any other software ? If so I'm really interested in results. Does it run and is it playable ? Any info helps. Thanks a lot !

I wouldn't bother trying. You might break it, then have to pay £30 for someone to tell you on the phone whether or not it is fixable...

how could you break it while trying to run it?

well it seems to work on wine:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29534

which should also run on macs, i never used parrallels...

But keep in mind... it will never run as good as on a native Windows installation (Bootcamp). And the setup wont be easy either...

What kind of mac do you have? The Hardware of modern macs should be enough (modern i5 CPU) if it also has a dedicated GPU... I doubt the game runs anywhere playable on a intel integrated gpu.

Yes it works.

The rest of you, if you can't add anything useful, don't bother.

SPAM/TROLL.

Mac? (face palm)

you'r answer...facepalm facepalm !

thanks for the usefull answers !

edit: 

I have a macbook pro with intel i7 and indeed an integrated gpu. nvideo 650M or something and 8GB memory. 

Edited by massam

how could you break it while trying to run it?

I was merely making a dig at Apple. I wasn't seriously implying that you can break your mac by trying to run DayZ on it.

Apologies for the silly answer...

It should run fine massam.

I run it using Windows 8.1 through Bootcamp Utility and it runs at a steady 30ish FPS on medium/high @ 1680x1050.

I'm using the latest Macbook Pro with Retina Display - Quad 2.3/3.3GHz i7 - 16GB RAM - 2GB NVIDIA 750M - 512GB SSD

Ignore the idiots, they have no idea what they are talking about and just bash Apple because it's the 'cool' thing to do.

It should run fine massam.

I run it using Windows 8.1 through Bootcamp Utility and it runs at a steady 30ish FPS on medium/high @ 1680x1050.

I'm using the latest Macbook Pro with Retina Display - Quad 2.3/3.3GHz i7 - 16GB RAM - 2GB NVIDIA 750M - 512GB SSD

Ignore the idiots, they have no idea what they are talking about and just bash Apple because it's the 'cool' thing to do.

Awesome dude, gonna try as soom as I'm home thanks :)

well if you have a nvidia mobile gpu it should be playable, how well i dont know, havent used notebooks for gaming in a long time.

Go for the bootcamp solution imo, it will save a lot of time "fixing" the game on osx and will definatly run better..

PS: there a no plans for a native linux/osx version i guess?

Edited by Sonic-NKT

I run it fine on a boot camped late 2010 MacBook Pro. Cheers mate.

PS: there a no plans for a native linux/osx version i guess?

Its been said a few times that they want to port over to other operating systems, but its not going to happen for a long time, probably after the game has its full release for windows.

I run boot camped on windows 7 pro, runs fine at 30-45fps on all normal settings 1080p (shadows and clouds both on normal as well but AA off ) and once they optimize the game for client it should run better.

Intel i7 2.8GHz  8GB RAM  AMD Radeon 6770M 512MB  1TB HDD

Hi Massam

As a few people stated, bootcamp would be the way to go.

I ran a 2011 imac i5 with AMD intergrated gpu (6770m). I used this with the mod/daizy. After a bit of fiddling around with settings I was running it very smoothly.

The newer ones have nvidia mgpu so you should be golden

Don't listen to the apple bashers, It is viable option if that is already what you have 

Yep as a few people have already said you're probably going to need to run in through bootcamp. Should run fine, though

I run boot camped on windows 7 pro, runs fine at 30-45fps on all normal settings 1080p (shadows and clouds both on normal as well but AA off ) and once they optimize the game for client it should run better.

Intel i7 2.8GHz  8GB RAM  AMD Radeon 6770M 512MB  1TB HDD

I'm running it on an AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB, which I think is my system's bottleneck.

25fps tops, in Cherno around 8, with all settings very low or disabled.

Did you have to modify anything, update cpu driver manually, apply the fps enhancer, or did you just install and run it?

I run it fine on a boot camped late 2010 MacBook Pro. Cheers mate.

How well does it run for you?

I'm running it on an AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB, which I think is my system's bottleneck.

25fps tops, in Cherno around 8, with all settings very low or disabled.

Did you have to modify anything, update cpu driver manually, apply the fps enhancer, or did you just install and run it?

How well does it run for you?

I haven't changed anything hardware wise, and I am unable to install driver updates for some reason it just tells me its not compatible. btw running all setting on very low is not a good idea as you can get worse fps.

macbook pro mid 2012 (last one without retina), Intel I7 2,3 GHz 4 GB Ram, Nvidia 650m 512 MB, Windows 7 via Bootcamp, runs very smooth :)

I haven't changed anything hardware wise, and I am unable to install driver updates for some reason it just tells me its not compatible. btw running all setting on very low is not a good idea as you can get worse fps.

That's why I'm asking, the automatic driver update does not work for some reason.

I had to manually delete everything gpu driver-related, download the newest ATM driver and update it then.

I've tried a few different settings, shadows, better objects etc. worsen my fps, I achieve the best results with very low. Or are there any tweaks I'm missing out on?

If the 256 is VRAM, big problem.

If the 256 is VRAM, big problem.

It sucks, I know.

I can just hope that the final game will have significantly better performance.

Op, have you tried installing it yet?