Igglas Cage

What will make you play the alpha again?

I know many players are waiting either for more content or certain features (respawning loot, anti-combat-log, better zombies, vehicles, etc.) before they will start playing the SA again, which is perfectly legitimate.

If you are one of those; what are your top 3 things you want to see in the game?

Edit: typo

Edited by Nigglas Cage

I am perfectly fine with how the game plays ATM, but i would love to see

More Weapons

Regular loot retest (not whole server restarts)

The ability to fix/upgrade the condition of items!

But to be totally honest im fine with whenever they get added!

L-Hue

• Like 1

Death

Kill

Loot

New things that would make you play again.. IF you are one of those who are waiting for something the game doesn't offer at the current development state.

Top thing's hummmm....

Sound bug fixed, cos that shit's annoying esp when you hear a reload sound and spend 10 mins creeping around to find nothing

Improvised weapons, I saw a post that SUGGESTED there was going to improvised bombs made from gas can's etc that would be sick.

Transport, running everywhere is a bit annoying but I think that's going to be a while away

Stuff in the game that I'd love to see finished, I can't wait till the rest of the map gets completed that big area north of NWAF looks interesting and so wooded, that could be interesting to have a firefight in. Zombies more threatening, but I like how it's progressing.

Edit: I'm still playing regardless but these are the things that I want too see in game the most

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1

I never stopped playing, nor will i

However, i would love to see, as window licker said, a fix for audio glitches, as well as the sound mechanics to get tweaked quite a bit. But thats just me and my MAJOR annoyances

• Like 1

I play the alpha to see the development first hand and enjoy the progress.

Just like the mod.

• Like 2

1. Respawning loot and fixed loot tables. At the moment it is rediculous: if you're lucky you can get in just after a server reset and - maybe - find something useful. ATM the dearth of simple things like knives, screwdrivers, and the like to simply open a can of food is so frustrating for me. I just spent an hour and a half playing a starvation simulator watching my avatar slowly and relentlessly starve to death with cans of food in his pockets simply because even the remotest farmhouse doesn't spawn simple tools.
  2. Improvised weapons/melee weapon overhaul. At the moment it's a fire axe or nothing for melee weapons. Trying to beat down a Zed with a baseball bat that misses 90% of the time? Phui - might as well go in bare-fisted: I've had more luck beating zombies to death with my bare hands and with most melee weapons.
  3. A dramatic reduction in military-grade hardware. Explains itself really - too many folks head for military bases, gear up and log, gear up and log and then make life hell for fresh spawns.

Yes, I understand it's a pre-alpha release and yes, I understand it's as buggy as hell but - IMO - the devs should be concentrating on fixing what's broken rather than gicing us the ability to transform weapons into their Hello Kitty counterparts with pink spray-paint.

• Like 1

more zombies. zombies are still not even the slightest bit threatening. i'm getting worried because it seems the community is happy with the current state of the zombies, which is effectively having no zombies, and the fact that the community is happy with it means that people just want to deathmatch anyway, and that the devs are less likely to put more and better zombies in the game. i'll never play dayZ again until zombies are improved because there is literally nothing to do otherwise kill other players and walk around atm. (which is fine because alpha)

• Like 4

I haven't stopped playing and I won't, but what I'm looking forward the most is

- vehicles (hopefully a tricycle will be added - I can see my self wearing a mask and riding up to a player and saying in a creepy voice: "Do you want to play a game?")

- living off the land (hunting & cooking food)

- beards (the ability to grow a beard when you survive long enough)

Edited by TheKindred
  • Like 6

Now this is a good idea!

• Like 1

- vehicles (hopefully a tricycle will be added - I can see my self wearing a mask and riding up to a player and saying in a creepy voice: "Do you want to play a game?")

I couldn't find a mask, this is the best I could do.

Roman-Soldier-BIg-Wheeling1.jpg

• Like 2

I play the experimental servers until they become public. I then play the stable for a few days and wait for the next update. There's only so much backward and forward running I can do without Chopper crashes/tents/vehicles.

• Respawning loot and fixed loot tables. At the moment it is rediculous: if you're lucky you can get in just after a server reset and - maybe - find something useful. ATM the dearth of simple things like knives, screwdrivers, and the like to simply open a can of food is so frustrating for me. I just spent an hour and a half playing a starvation simulator watching my avatar slowly and relentlessly starve to death with cans of food in his pockets simply because even the remotest farmhouse doesn't spawn simple tools.
  • Improvised weapons/melee weapon overhaul. At the moment it's a fire axe or nothing for melee weapons. Trying to beat down a Zed with a baseball bat that misses 90% of the time? Phui - might as well go in bare-fisted: I've had more luck beating zombies to death with my bare hands and with most melee weapons.
  • A dramatic reduction in military-grade hardware. Explains itself really - too many folks head for military bases, gear up and log, gear up and log and then make life hell for fresh spawns.
Yes, I understand it's a pre-alpha release and yes, I understand it's as buggy as hell but - IMO - the devs should be concentrating on fixing what's broken rather than gicing us the ability to transform weapons into their Hello Kitty counterparts with pink spray-paint.

Funny how many people here on these forums have all of this vast video game developing experience to back up their stark criticisms of what should and shouldnt be fixed lol

xD

SINCE ALPHA RELEASE I DONT STOP TO PLAY :D

I play other game sometimes arma 3 I love and few more

but I never having no bad experience with alpha and always having fun :)

I lose character sometimes full gear etc is no problem

sometime I get stuck in secret room in building wait for die of hunger, is ok no problem

because for every time game making mistake I realise I AM PLAYING STANDALONE EARLY ACCESS ALPHA :D

I remember months of wait :|

every time I start game now I feel pure excite for what adventure maybe coming for me

every pvp moment is awesome ;)

every friendly interaction I having is great  :thumbsup:  :)

even quiet explore map discover new place moment is fantastic

sometime what you get from game = attitude and effort you putting in

problem is not alpha is you and negative attitude <_<

• Like 3

i have somewhat stopped playing, but these are indeed the things that would get me playing a lot again.

Mature and hardcore private server.

Mature and hardcore is my favorite too. Love them older wom-...

Oh right, servers......

• Like 4

I think that two fixes would enhance gameplay a lot:

1.loot to respawn as is planned, so not only upon server restart

2. fixed zombies,so they do not glitch through walls,they are tougher and they respawn as well

These two things bugs me most and I'm worried, that devs got problems to make server know when to respawn what, without the process straining server too much.

But I guess it's like with network bubble, they also had big problems but in the end prevailed.

Other then that Im happy with alpha and ofcourse looking forward to more weapons & stuff added in the game, especially vehicles.

i am still playing. but let me list some things that would greatly improve enjoyment

1. player bodies and loot not despawning

2. some better weapons/gear that only spawns in airstrips

3. combat logging fix just make it so that players need to sit for 1min to disappear 

4. more zombies, like 10 times more

5. zombie dogs who are twice as fast and deadly as current zombies should probably spawn at inland towns/bases

iam playing every 2 days and iam ok with the current state...especially with the next patch .Iam just very unhappy because players only use the 30% of the map(east and south coast area and both airfields) . I visited several times balota ,kamenka military base and zelenogorsk in 40 player servers..0 players there

SINCE ALPHA RELEASE I DONT STOP TO PLAY :D

I play other game sometimes arma 3 I love and few more

but I never having no bad experience with alpha and always having fun :)

I lose character sometimes full gear etc is no problem

sometime I get stuck in secret room in building wait for die of hunger, is ok no problem

because for every time game making mistake I realise I AM PLAYING STANDALONE EARLY ACCESS ALPHA :D

I remember months of wait :|

every time I start game now I feel pure excite for what adventure maybe coming for me

every pvp moment is awesome ;)

every friendly interaction I having is great  :thumbsup:  :)

even quiet explore map discover new place moment is fantastic

sometime what you get from game = attitude and effort you putting in

problem is not alpha is you and negative attitude <_<

Well said, cheers!

People can complain all they want about the Alpha state of the game, but we all knew what we were signing on to. I've waited months on end for this to release and to even be able to play it right now is a blessing to me. Sure I'd love more weapons & maybe a few cars to make traveling quicker but how else will I learn the map if I don't explore it with my own two digital feet? In two weeks of owning this game I'm at almost a 100 hrs & I look forward to 100's more in the months and years to come. Thank you Rocket!

My wife wants to know how to get me to stop playing. A method that does not include sex.

Sandwiches?