Sign in to follow this  
nvrsbr

So.... um WTH?

I just had some lag issues on a server, so I decided to leave and go to another one.

I was in a field with no one or anything around. (I always make sure to get out of a server in a safe spot).

I get on another server and I am dead?

So yeah not cool, I hope this is not normal.

Its one thing to die from a Zombie or another player (which is fine) but to lose a well developed char to a glitch like this is very hard to swallow :P

Edited by nvrsbr

I just had some lag issues on a server, so I decided to leave and go to another one.

I was in a field with no one or anything around. (I always make sure to get out of a server in a safe spot).

I get on another server and I am dead?

So yeah not cool, I hope this is not normal.

Its one thing to die from a Zombie or another player (which is fine) but to lose a well developed char to a glitch like this is very hard to swallow :P

Were you playing on normal or the test servers?

If you went from a regular to a hardcore(or reverse) server they have separate character databases. Or alpha bug

• Like 3

If you went from a regular to a hardcore(or reverse) server they have separate character databases. Or alpha bug

Like Little said.

But I have been playing where I suddenly died for no reason before - no gun shots, not because of starvation or dehydration... Just died. I think it's a bug but it isn't too common. At least not for me.

Its all good, I expect bugs since its not a complete game yet.

Was just kinda shocked when it happened.

But already back in the game getting gear and trying to survive LOL.

Same thing happened to me today. I logged off safely last night, spawned in this afternoon after class. I had time to walk around, look in my inventory, and walk along a treeline for about 50m before, suddenly YOU ARE DEAD appeared. There was no zombie about, I had healthy status, and there was no player around me. This was the first time I have had to actually sit back, take several deep breaths, and remind myself "ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA" before I find somebody (anybody) and rip his balls off with the claw end of a hammer. 23 days alive, down the drain because of some shitty shit shit-tastic shit.

"Never get attached to your gear" becomes rather difficult when I am attached to the character that holds the gear. We've been through a lot together, him and I. No longer.

Sucks, dudebrah.

If you log in and it says you're dead, try exiting and logging in on another server.  It's happened to me a few times and I've still had my stuff, except the last time it happened, not sure what happened then.  Me and a friend logged back into a server after it reset and we were both dead and had to restart.  I'd say we both got killed by someone but he was in Berezino and I was at NWAF.

Same thing happened to me today. I logged off safely last night, spawned in this afternoon after class. I had time to walk around, look in my inventory, and walk along a treeline for about 50m before, suddenly YOU ARE DEAD appeared. There was no zombie about, I had healthy status, and there was no player around me. This was the first time I have had to actually sit back, take several deep breaths, and remind myself "ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA" before I find somebody (anybody) and rip his balls off with the claw end of a hammer. 23 days alive, down the drain because of some shitty shit shit-tastic shit.

"Never get attached to your gear" becomes rather difficult when I am attached to the character that holds the gear. We've been through a lot together, him and I. No longer.

Sucks, dudebrah.

How di you know someone hasn't shot you in the head?

dude that happened to me before, I tried to respawn but of course that doesn't work, so I ended up just I don't know, reseting DayZ. Went in another server and next thing you know, my guy was just fine. I was like "well shit man, what was that all about?"... I died a couple minutes later from falling off some stairs, sucks man...

There are some huge issues with client and server syncing at the moment.

The lag spikes that happen even on low ping servers is quite common.

You know its happening when you try to bring out a weapon and it does not happen or try to open a door and it does not open.

During this time you can easily be shot, stabbed, axed, attacked by a Zombie etc etc and you would never know its happening.

Even with the "so called fix" in another thread that requires you to do some registry editing to help with client lag it can still happen.

I hope this issue gets fixed soon because at the moment its a game breaker.

Well it happened again.

/sigh

Really hard to want to play this if my Character is just going to keep getting deleted for no reason :(

Perhaps taking notes and submitting a bug report to the appropriate person(s) would speed up the solution ?

Edited by Skyline-GTR

JUST last night something like this happened to me.

I joined a server, but could not move any items in my inventory, use any item, or place them in my hands. I also could not use any of the hand gestures.

I checked, and according to the player list, I and the one other person in the server had zero ping, and zero bandwidth, and zero desynch.

The only thing I could do was move around.

I was in the middle of nowhere in the trees, ran to a cluster of bushes, crouched down, and alt tabbed to check the dayzdb map. When I came back less than 20 seconds later, I was unconscious and bleeding. I eventually died.