d4wn

DEANS serverpolicy - PURE stupidity

Sorry but handing out the server files to a handful of service providers so they can create a monopoly on the price of renting such a server, is complete bullshit.  I've said it before and I'll gladly say it again, if Bohemia wants to have this much control over servers and their administrators, Bohemia needs to be the ones hosting and PAYING for all servers.  You don't throw out a game for the masses to purchase, and then tell them the masses THEY are responsible for footing the bill.  That's just wrong.

Im sorry mate, but how does games like Battelfield and Call of Duty work, when it comes to servers?

People rent a server, and choose to pay for it.

Dont pay for a server if its overpriced, is it more comlpicated then this tbh?

Wait for private server files to come around, it will make you happy.

You also need to understand BI need this kind of control with a game like this. They let go completely of control in the mod and look what it turned into.

Thats fine for a mod to do, its suppose to be abit chaotic and "open source", but a game the developer is funding and creating is not supose to be a FFA clusterfuck we saw in the mod.

Im sorry mate, but while i agree some of the server prices are bit to high, this is the right way to do it and to control the game, in such an early state tbh.

• Like 3

OPs surname (helicopter hunter) should be changed to "marked with shame" or something.

"The internet, we are all tough guys here"

im though in rl too...

and it doesnt matter if it is an game or whatever, we are talking about money... and if you spend money to support a idea of a game

you expect at least some benefits, but you dont have any benefit, and that is the point!

"There is no value in buying one". Does Dean have a gun to your head and telling you to "bliddy buy it mayte or I'll hick ya". Just relax friend, there is no need to be mad.

i didnt tell that, but if you want to start hosting a server you have to read the forums here to get a clue what "power" you have about your rented server

because the hoster dont mention it!

all i want is a key for my server to close it for me and the people i want to play with! and that is not much!! i pay more for the game, and i want more benefits!

give me a plausible reason why this is restricted!

Edited by d4wn

give me a plausible reason why this is restricted!

Because this is something the dev team doesnt want.

Simple as that mate.

Just because you rent something, doesnt mean you can bypass the rules, everybody else has to obey...

Because this is something the dev team doesnt want.

Simple as that mate.

Just because you rent something, doesnt mean you can bypass the rules, everybody else has to obey...

that is not plausible... try again!

Apparently kick boxers don't wear protective headgear.

• Like 1

For all I care, there should be no rented servers, atleast until we get private hives. I don't want some stupid admin to kick, restart, ban, change time and shit on the public hive!

Edited by TSAndrey

I may regret this but......

The server policies are in place to prevent people from farming loot then jumping to a public server and killing everything with the 10,000 rounds of M4 ammo they farmed.  When they have private hives sorted and you can't take loot farmed on your private server to the public hive I can see this being reassessed

The naming regulation is in place to that the servers can be properly identified.

This is alpha and as such the collection of accurate information from the player base helps development.

"playing with your friend's" you can do this already on ANY server because there's no restrictions on this, if your trying to tell me it's because you want to just pve your argument doesn't hold water.  Zombies aren't the most challenging of foes right now, the only challenge is when you encounter other people.

Being that you just screamed they are stupid and unfair without saying why or which part's you disagree with would indicate that you didn't really think this through and after your last death at an airfield on a server with 2 people on you came here to vent cos you think you should be able to loot unhindered by pesky things such as other players.

• Like 1

Maybe Dean could include malnutrition into the game ?....be interesting to see how he does on it.

Sorry Dean, it just gets old real quick when you keep catering to the arseholes. Now you're introducing a nanny server policy ?

Get real bru.

Edited by zaphodity

I may regret this but......

The server policies are in place to prevent people from farming loot then jumping to a public server and killing everything with the 10,000 rounds of M4 ammo they farmed.  When they have private hives sorted and you can't take loot farmed on your private server to the public hive I can see this being reassessed

The naming regulation is in place to that the servers can be properly identified.

This is alpha and as such the collection of accurate information from the player base helps development.

"playing with your friend's" you can do this already on ANY server because there's no restrictions on this, if your trying to tell me it's because you want to just pve your argument doesn't hold water.  Zombies aren't the most challenging of foes right now, the only challenge is when you encounter other people.

Being that you just screamed they are stupid and unfair without saying why or which part's you disagree with would indicate that you didn't really think this through and after your last death at an airfield on a server with 2 people on you came here to vent cos you think you should be able to loot unhindered by pesky things such as other players.

yes i want to close my server to go on public servers and kill ppl... thats stupid in my opinion...

i dont want to rent a server for ppl who i dont know! because just them get benefits without giving me anything back

yes i want to close my server to go on public servers and kill ppl... thats stupid in my opinion...

i dont want to rent a server for ppl who i dont know! because just them get benefits without giving me anything back

So you want a server without anyone else playing on it? or only your friends playing on it?

why?i would like to meet him, and show him in a fistfight what i think about it!

3835-so-hardcore.jpg

• Like 1

that is not plausible... try again!

Alright let me put it another way.

Who the **** are you to talk to the developers of a game like this dude?
Do you feel special? Are you special?

What makes you so much better then anyone else?

Bacisly all i hear you saying is: "I want to lock my server to be able to play with ONLY people i know" which translates into "I want to farm on my own server, with my best friends and go kill people on other servers afterwards"...

So you are nothing but a random dude on a forum, raging on and on, because you cant have your little "private paradice" on the public hive -_-

The developers can do pretty much anything they want, as long as they dont actually break any laws, so you have no right to claim all you are trying to do.

You read (hopefully) all the terms and conditions before buying anything right?
You have no say in this matter, you are a costumer, you said yes to what they wanted you to say yes, to be able to rent anything
If you dont like being a costumer, shut the door on your way out tbh.

The best advice i can give you right now, is to terminate your subscribtion to the rented server, wait for private HIVE and then go do what ever you want to do with nobody but your friends, far far away from everyone else (im assuming this is what you want)
Because the things you are trying to do, on a public HIVE, is simply not gonna happen, at all....
Follow the rules or GTFO mate, its really very simple.

I hope this was "plausible" enough for you lol...
  • Like 2